IP address?

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
dunno if this is the right place to spot but here it goes...

I would like to know from all of you computer freaks ;) if it is possible to find the IP address of someone posting at a forum if you are not one of the forum moderators. The forum is more like "free posting" which means you dont have to sign up to post. So if there is a way like a program or sth... is it hard to get?

Karl

Fledgling Freddie
Ip address will probably be very hard to get... normally only the moderators will be allowed to see that info... thats IF the forum even keeps a record of the info...

Then you have various different possibilities... the person could be using a anonymous proxy (http://www.the-cloak.com) to hide his IP address or could be routed through a firewall whihc replaces the ip address it is coming from...

There is no real reliable way... and without moderator access to the forum i would say probably not.

This is all ofcourse as long as your not the police in which case they can demand records from ISPs and the like!

Hope it helps... well... it obviously wont... but hope it answers something for ya!

Tzan

Fledgling Freddie
That site really works? Is it safe to call people names using that site? haha
What I want tbh is to find a morons IP address... I've heard people doing it and not being one of the forum's administrators.. with a programm or sth.
Anyway thanks mate :)

Will

/bin/su
The basic answer is no. There are other answers, but you won't get them here, its all too stalker for me to allow.

phlash

Fledgling Freddie
If someone is abusing you on a forum then ask the mods to sort it out? If you are planning some sort of revenge attack, think again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom