People want even more unbalanced classes?

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
From last weeks Friday News:

"Surveys, the continuation…
We remind you that you have until Monday to state your wishes within the framework of the new polls set up in game on Thursday. During the last survey, new classes and new ways to earn Realm Points were the choices that received most votes. Here are the results :

I do not wish to answer this poll : 10 %
New lands to explore : 6%
New dungeons and epic monsters : 8,5%
New races : 7%
New classes : 22%
New ways to earn Realm points : 17%
More Battlegrounds : 2,5%
More areas to fight in RvR : 8%
More abilities to use in RvR : 11%
I do not see my choice listed above : 8%"

Seriously, why would people want more classes when the ones we have are still far from balanced, and every class introduced since the basic game so far except the Valkyrie has been overpowered or unbalanced the game in some way or another.

I would have voted "Less classes" or "Increased focus on class balance" if there was an option for it myself.

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, but if Mythic created more classes, their not going to make overpowered ones and shyould be very carefull, they have seen what happened with warlocks and vamps, and should've learnt from it.

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Alb hasnt got any OP classes at all, so prob we all voted for that so we could have a big ole bite of the 1 button "I Win" classes!!!

living

Fledgling Freddie
evzy said:
Alb hasnt got any OP classes at all, so prob we all voted for that so we could have a big ole bite of the 1 button "I Win" classes!!!

Depends how you look at it, look way abck at Necros, PVE gods that killed people tru walls in keeps in rvr because the was how LOS "worked" on necros back then - until they choose to fix it because people was starting to get upset. Man i still remember the death spam necro's made :D

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
living said:
Depends how you look at it, look way abck at Necros, PVE gods that killed people tru walls in keeps in rvr because the was how LOS "worked" on necros back then - until they choose to fix it because people was starting to get upset. Man i still remember the death spam necro's made :D

took one patch (about 2 months) to fix necros ;)

it's taken 18 months to fix warlocks.

The guy that was in charge of balancing warlocks/bainshees isn't with mythic any more afaik.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
took one patch (about 2 months) to fix necros ;)

it's taken 18 months to fix warlocks.

The guy that was in charge of balancing warlocks/bainshees isn't with mythic any more afaik.
I wouldn't even exactly call it a fix though. They nerfed a very few bits and pieces. All in all, its still a very strong class that should be feared when met.

Neo

Loyal Freddie
well yea, sumting is wrong when 2 rr8 and rr 7 infils back off from attacking
a RR3 Warlock. Cuz if they attack, 1 of them WILL die.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Yshynsin said:
Yeah, but if Mythic created more classes, their not going to make overpowered ones and shyould be very carefull, they have seen what happened with warlocks and vamps, and should've learnt from it.

ya think? ;)

but i want more classes coz i'm utterly bored with what we have now. i want something new to play around with.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Yshynsin said:
Yeah, but if Mythic created more classes, their not going to make overpowered ones

If mythic create more classes they will 100% be overpowered!

How are they ever going to sell an expansion shouting.. roll a rr1`char and go through the pain and effort of leveling and templating it that does nothing your rr10 one doesn't already do? As is that wasn't good enough PAY US for this privalege!

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
If mythic create more classes they will 100% be overpowered!

How are they ever going to sell an expansion shouting.. roll a rr1`char and go through the pain and effort of leveling and templating it that does nothing your rr10 one doesn't already do? As is that wasn't good enough PAY US for this privalege!

The idea is, they don't make it the same as your RR10 charecter.. they add different abilities and styles and looks, e.g Blue skin on vamp and bainshee figure, they can do different things, they don't nessicerally have to be overpowered?

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I said this in a previous thread and got flamed for it. Something about people only whine about the new classes on FH, not ingame. Which I then said was bullshit.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Voted for more Races as adding more Classes without reworking the bugged classes we already have is abit pointless.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
"Increased focus on class balance" if there was an option for it myself.

i would have voted for that too, what the game needs imo.:cheers:

We get some thane love for my thane and some WL/banshee nerf too so we just have to w8 and see if it helps. But balancing the classes is what Mytich realy should focus on.

So no more classes imo. Keep your minds on the allready in-game classes, mytich :p

More classes = even harder to balance. :twak:

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I voted for more class's

Maybe a pet spam class for mid etc.

the second time they asked i put- New dungeons and epic monsters. Because if they released a load more ToA+ level 80 mobs in a epic dungion, i'd restart the golems and go have some fun.

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Goa said:
Following the consultation of the community about the direction of the next expansions for Dark Age of Camelot, Mythic and GOA wish to ask you two new questions in game today. The previous poll indicated that you would like to see new classes and new ways to earn Realm Points and so now we invite you to tell us what else you would prefer concerning general content and RvR.
Please note that there are two separate questions, although they look alike. You can answer this survey the next time you log in but if you click on "Proceed to game" after answering the first question, you will directly log into the game and you will not be able to answer the second one until your next connection. Do not mix them up and avoid answering "I do not wish to answer this poll" while thinking you already voted.
This poll will be online until the 20th of February.

I think this is a poll about the next expansion and not about next patches etc.

"Increased focus on class balance." - That's what they're working on in every patch, not something that will come in an expansion that we have to pay for.

Btw what happened to the second question of the poll?

Mybuddies

Fledgling Freddie
No point having a poll then complaining about the winner tbh.

Everyone has their opinions. Now we know what they are, even if they are, how shall we put it, a little odd?!

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Give all hib mage classes lifetap, or remove lifetap from the entire game... ;D

I VOTED FOR
New ways to earn Realm points

AND
More abilities to use in RvR

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
I think this is a poll about the next expansion and not about next patches etc.

"Increased focus on class balance." - That's what they're working on in every patch, not something that will come in an expansion that we have to pay for.

Btw what happened to the second question of the poll?
i that poll there was a 2nd page m8..was a button down the bottom left of the page...
and i voted more races... gif celt NS ;)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Elrandhir said:
Give all hib mage classes lifetap, or remove lifetap from the entire game... ;D

yeah cause stun and lifetap is not overpowered!

i think new classes would be a good idea, that way we can still whine about getting our classes fixed which progress has started on, also some new classes would be nice as mid always want a pet spam class, not sure whats required by the other realms. maybe another tank for albion, preferebly only 2hand specced with some hybrid style spells much like a skald has. due to the double speccing issue they could maybe make it spear thus speccing slash/thrust/crush may not be required as its its own wpn line.

erm, hibernia... what could they get, maybe a new pet class.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
yeah cause stun and lifetap is not overpowered!

ohwell give them lifetap and no stunn then, the stunn dosent last long neways unlike root, even though I agree it comes in handy now and again I would rather take lifetap, it's silly how long a mage with lifetap can stand tbh.

Still I would rather see lifetap removed all together.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Elrandhir said:
ohwell give them lifetap and no stunn then, the stunn dosent last long neways unlike root, even though I agree it comes in handy now and again I would rather take lifetap, it's silly how long a mage with lifetap can stand tbh.

good for you
Feel free to make another thread about it, since your way off topic and just trolling.

New ways to earn Realm points : 17%

who voted for this? you want more mission npc's? nice one guys, imho expansions should have new Class/Race and Zones/Epic mobs.

Another ToA style expansion would be great imho.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Elrandhir said:

or, have all 3 realms casters have baseline lifetap+stun+root+mezz+pet so they are all the same and we can all join guilds called Clone Army!

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
or, have all 3 realms casters have baseline lifetap+stun+root+mezz+pet so they are all the same and we can all join guilds called Clone Army!

Na, just remove Lifetap and Im happy.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Bubble said:
good for you
Feel free to make another thread about it, since your way off topic and just trolling.

who voted for this? you want more mission npc's? nice one guys, imho expansions should have new Class/Race and Zones/Epic mobs.

Another ToA style expansion would be great imho.

IMO having another massive area like TOA will just further lower population, atm its hard getting groups due to massive area and not enough ppl. when it was jut SI and classic it was perfect as you could always go to a spot and get groups

not anymore

bottler

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
IMO having another massive area like TOA will just further lower population, atm its hard getting groups due to massive area and not enough ppl. when it was jut SI and classic it was perfect as you could always go to a spot and get groups

not anymore

classic server ftw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom