Looking to roll US Classic: Look Here

Gamah

Banned
Seems to be some confusion about how to go about getting the US version so I will make this post to clear up how.

Ok heres what you do...

Go to

http://www.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads/

Download one of the 14 day free trial you see there, this will give you access to the American DAoC servers using the SI client. When you have completed the sign-up Proccess you will have an active SI client that you can use to access the American Servers.

You will need however to buy catacombs, because that is how everyone levels on the classic servers. You DO NOT need to buy TOA, in order to activate catacombs.

So head on over to https://gamersloot.net/catalog/inde...ath=115_134_117 and buy a US Catacombs CD key (around $35 (£20)). The key will take 6-10 hours to come through.
When the key arrives, just load up you're server screen (The screen that shows a list of the servers) and on that screen there is a button to "Activate Expantions" Click on it and enter you catacombs CD key, this will then Auth the key and will activate catacombs on your account.

Now to get to the US catacombs version, what you need to do is make a copy of your DAoC Euro Catacombs folder to a new folder. In this newly created folder find the update.dat and open it in notepad, then overwrite the exsisting information in the file with

Mythic Patch
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat
patch.daoc.net:1280/updates/catacombs/mpatch.dat

Be sure to make sure there is no spaces around this infomation.

This will then patch you to the US version (Currently 1.78)

After doing that you account will have an American Catacombs client, just log in using your Name/Pass and play away :)

Hope this helps out anyone, looking to play.

If you feel this information helped you feel free to PM me for my Refferal ID, so I can get some free game time (Before you sign up for the trial)

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
The number of daoc players has gone down drastically from what it was a few years back, and a classic server would bring back alot of old players who left because of the TOA crap. New players would find it easier and better too on a classic server as there would be more people to play with at their level.

I think from a business point a view, making a classic server would be a good idea for GOA as it will bring back alot of old players and also more new players might appear.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:
The number of daoc players has gone down drastically from what it was a few years back, and a classic server would bring back alot of old players who left because of the TOA crap. New players would find it easier and better too on a classic server as there would be more people to play with at their level.

I think from a business point a view, making a classic server would be a good idea for GOA as it will bring back alot of old players and also more new players might appear.
I do not believe that opening classic servers will bring back enough people to make it worth it. Do you really think the 50 or 100 people who could be bothered to give up whatever they are doing now would make it worthwhile to have yet another server type in Europe? Seriously? :touch:
And don't forget, even on "classic" servers you have to face the shit called New Frontiers which made more ppl quit the game than ToA did. At least ToA gave ppl a way to tweak and improve their RvR chars with a bit of work (c'mon, you can't have everything for free, eh?).

Gamah

Banned
btw my quote in that sig, isn't right, because you have taken it out of the context in which I said it.

inqy

One of Freddy's beloved
you can't compare toa to NF. toa is the biggest bag of shit that was dumped on daoc.

nf has some good and some bad. but more good imo.

the new island will be just fine I reckon :)

Gamah

Banned
Please, this is not a dsicussion about classic, if you wan't to make one, make a new thread. This is just to help people interested in trying out the servers.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Been thinking about trying classic, would be nice to start on a "fresh" server, with no rr10s, and faster leveling and no time to get ready for rvr. Just wondering, on Lamorak, is there anything to battle for the fgs in mid? Or should I chose hib, to get more fights instead of just zerging the few ppl you find?
And any euro guilds? Else the playtimes is just gonna get messy with the timezones and so on :m00:

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Albs to get the most fights, mid and hibn are quite equal in numbers afaik. And alot of EU ppl

Motowntheta

Fledgling Freddie
Spankya said:

LOL they can't even keep Prydwyn up, would you trust them with another server type ?

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Motowntheta said:
LOL they can't even keep Prydwyn up, would you trust them with another server type ?

lol what a comment in 3 years of playing if I remember prydwen has only twice gone done for more then a few hours

Once.. when GoA has that inside job and they redid all the secuity on the servers

Seccond being now :p

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
sent off for Cd-key yesterday, by afternoon i got a phone call confirming i realy wanted US version not EU, and 3mins latter my cd-key was in my email, what a bloody GREAT company!!!!!

Also downloaded SI free on the 14 day trial, was able to play 30 seconds after i created account (no waiting upto 30 mins for account/game databases to sync) activated my Catas CD-key (again INstantly able to play expansion no wait)

got droped into some realy fun tutorial (though was 5am, was drunk) was wierd having a voice saying how to play. logged on around 10-11am and over 1k on sever no lag, damn was wierd to see people running around low lev areas though....

basicaly big thanks to guy started this thread and gave the info needed, closed 2 EU accounts left 3rd open just to be able come say hi to few players i like

pez

Can't get enough of FH
i haven't played sicne just after ToA but i started up on the classic server on US.

now obviously i don''t have catas and i thought this wouldnt be too much of a probem, how wrong i was, there is no one outside the catas areas it seems.

was hoping i wouldn't have to shell out for anything till the 2 weeks were up

cemi0

Can't get enough of FH
Its alot faster to install a EU version from CD and just update.
Also http://www.interactcd.com has alot cheaper Catacombs than Gamersloot have. So why do ppl keep linking to that site?

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
3 ppl from mid inc :)Accounts and stuff fixed in 30 mins :clap:

suelothvar

Fledgling Freddie
Now all we need is a EU deserter guild could call it "Saw The Light" or something

Syri

FH is my second home
cemi0 said:
Its alot faster to install a EU version from CD and just update.
Also http://www.interactcd.com has alot cheaper Catacombs than Gamersloot have. So why do ppl keep linking to that site?
cause they didn't know about it ;)

will keep that in mind for if anyone else asks me where to grab a copy :)

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Downloaded it, waited 4hrs for it to download :X

Then.... I come back to my computer after endless hours of boring TV to find that my puter hasn't enough space :( Did a disk clean up and tried it again - Now I have to wait for it to download again....ALL of it... :S

Wazkyr said:
Been thinking about trying classic, would be nice to start on a "fresh" server, with no rr10s, and faster leveling and no time to get ready for rvr. Just wondering, on Lamorak, is there anything to battle for the fgs in mid? Or should I chose hib, to get more fights instead of just zerging the few ppl you find?
And any euro guilds? Else the playtimes is just gonna get messy with the timezones and so on :m00:

It's alot of "random" mids and "random" hibs and if u have a fixed group with dedicated players i think rolling alb would be th emost fun atm. This might change in a few weeks since alot of mids re-rolled alb instead.

The playing times aint THAT bad tbh, dragon raids are done everyday at 2-3 EST sometimes abit later and done with 50 ppl in less then one hour. TG raids are done quiet often too but takes longer so time diffrence could be a problem here on weekdays.

**PS, nice post Gamah, think alot of ppl will find it helpfull** :fluffle:

pez said:
i haven't played sicne just after ToA but i started up on the classic server on US.

now obviously i don''t have catas and i thought this wouldnt be too much of a probem, how wrong i was, there is no one outside the catas areas it seems.

was hoping i wouldn't have to shell out for anything till the 2 weeks were up

I exped my skald 1-43 in classic land after that cata was kinda superior :)

Cruhar

Fledgling Freddie
it keeps asking for CC details etc. but dont wanna plug em in, till I know I wanna keep playing tbh

Tilda

Its just to make sure you can pay. You still get the 2 free weeks, just after they run out, it will auto subscribe you to another month.
If you dont like it, cancel it before the 2 weeks run out and they wont bill you.

Siftwind

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for the post Gamah *very* useful. My own experience of playing for a few short hours on U.S. 'classic' server Lamorak has been really good. There's no perceivable lag, in game GM support (used once already, contact received well within the 37 minute response time quoted) and friendly people (including lots of familiar uk names).
I've just ordered the full uk game pack from play.com for £18 (includes all expansions) but now I'm asking myself 'Why?'.

Thanks again,
Sift.

Umpaidh

Fledgling Freddie
hi sift
was nice chatting to you there last night :)

lots of euro people on classic, is good fun :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom