1 week to sort this forum out.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
This forum has reached the point that there is little use in keeping it running. If the same group of people posting on this forum keep on fucking about in every single thread, then this forum will no longer exist at the end of this week. I do honestly believe that people still care about eOT, and that the community still wants to have a forum to talk to each other on, it's always been a fun place, but right now, it's not, and I'm feeling people are deliberately trying to make it worse.

From this very point, think before you post, if you keep on posting bollox you basically should not be posting on this forum at all, and are ruining it for other people who do not want to see this forum go down.

I will leave this thread open for replies.

(This is posted on behalf of Adari with the full backing of me, be warned cos I will ban anyone who fucks about. The time has come to fix this shithole)

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
honestly.. you may aswell close it down

there are never any useful posts here

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
im sure i speak for a number of people when i say i would really hate to see this forum go down. as deebs said it's been quite funny at times with the occasional fuck up by some of the posters.

admit it, im certain a lot of you would say that this forum has mostly been entertaining (to an extent) and it doesnt deserve to have its life cut short just yet. you (eot posters) might hate this forum now since the move from bw but can you honestly say there isnt a part of you deep down inside that thinks otherwise?

i dont intend on seeing a RIP eOT anytime soon

together we can make a difference

gunz xxx

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:

Might as well ban you because we get nothing useful from you except whine. Might as well close down RvR sections because the only things posted there are 'omgwtfroffle ... i pwnz0red j00' threads.
Might as well close the other forums because there is nothing useful (cosmically speaking) in any of them.

Anyway, I don't really want to see this place go but I won't be spilling any tears over it.

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
k9awya said:
A useful Off Topic post .... hmm...nm.

eOT should stay alive imo.
It's Off Topic - Anything not about or about DAoC. Anything (except nasty stuff thats prohibited).
Wether it's a smilie or a page of text, it's all OT.
It's having fun.
It's being silly.
It's harmless.
When it becomes a harm (personal flames ~middle finger~ ,against CoC) moderate it.
Is it Spam or is it eOT? A fine line sometimes...can't there be a little bit more of the leash given to the OT sections?

Welcome back Sissyfoo :wub:

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
Aha! THE Useful post thats been missing alllllll this time!!!!!!!!!!!!11

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Ala said:
A useful Off Topic post .... hmm...nm.

eOT should stay alive imo.
It's Off Topic - Anything not about or about DAoC. Anything (except nasty stuff thats prohibited).
Wether it's a smilie or a page of text, it's all OT.
It's having fun.
It's being silly.
It's harmless.
When it becomes a harm (personal flames ~middle finger~ ,against CoC) moderate it.
Is it Spam or is it eOT? A fine line sometimes...can't there be a little bit more of the leash given to the OT sections?

Welcome back Sissyfoo :wub:

yes you think it should stay alive because you are ADDICTED
the sillyness had got to a point we can call it retardism
harmless.. hmm its taking up much more of moderators time than a forum should do, especially one so small
eOT= decent discussion

posting stuff like

HAAAI IM A MONKEYYYY AND MY MUM IS A GAY AUSTRALIAN

is spam, and retardism

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
actually asking me?

i have no opinion on the matter

Coim

Fledgling Freddie
This thread is a perfect example of why eOT should be closed. :eek:

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
No it's not it's. It's a perfect example of K9 not being able to let people post without commenting negatively on it. if you look at eOT regularly you'll see that it's goes on fine and then K9 or one of his sidekicks comes along and says something nasty and then sometimes, not as often as before, the thread turns nasty and gets closed. Usually people are just posting various harmless stuff. It's just the people who have issues that can't leave it alone and ignore stuff they don't like and ruin it for the rest. TBH people get away with alot more than some of the people who have been banned and it's interesting to see that go on. I name him because they are the main people who do this. Biased or not. it's obvious.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
at a time of despair it's always easier to point fingers and make accusations.
what we should do is help the cause, not make it worse.

what'll happen? say the both of you get banned because of this and regret it later (even if you say you dont). proving that deebs is right in considering removing the forum

one small act of anger ruining it all when a bit of compromise would have gotten us some progress.

if we can achieve this, the only way we'll be going is up

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Ala said:
No it's not it's. It's a perfect example of K9 not being able to let people post without commenting negatively on it.

you do the same
ala in self righteous mode.. aye aye... tehtihit.. ffs idiot you are like the worst *****pammer on all of fh.

so who are my nasty sidekicks?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
hmmmm

is there any reason to give it a week?

Aussie

Banned
and why would it help closing this forum? you don't stop the problem, they just move to another forum.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I think there is deebs..
my guess is that some are finding it hard to cope with the announcement and have just given up all hope

when i say 'given up all hope' i mean they think they might as well get banned now because they view the forums as already gone in their eyes and there isnt anything left for them here.

well i still strongly believe this isn't the end. as a matter of fact, i see it as more of a new beginning for eot as well as each and every one of us.

the times have changed and so should we

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Aussie said:
and why would it help closing this forum? you don't stop the problem, they just move to another forum.

At that point we permaban the accounts, any new ones they create and add their ips into a firewall.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
k9awya said:

really is very simple, even for you. If you dont like it fuck off to some other forum.

edit: deebs please dont get rid of a forum just because of a childish minority, just ban the abusers and let the rest of us enjoy it.

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
i think if you banned K9 then the whole forum would be much better.

i enjoy these forums, its a nice place much like cheers where everyone knows you name :p

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
K9 is kinda like the owner of that other bar and everyone is like "fuck off, todd/tom/terry/whatever his name was" but when he isn't here everyone is having drinks and makin' with the merry! Oh yea!

<edit>The other bar owner in Cheers...in case you didn't catch that cultural reference :p</edit>

Brockie

Fledgling Freddie
Seriously though, why was my other account banned? Lol, I know I say this every time but this time I really mean it. There was no reason for it. Why is everyone else allowed to make stupid threads with shit jokes?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
this childish crap of "it was him! it was him!" is getting a bit tiresome atm. all trying to pass the blame onto one another wont get you anywhere.

as for k9, i dont see how it's purely because of him that this whole 'eot removal' thing has been made. the way i see it, it's a constant shouting of 'IT WAS k9 HE IS THE DEVIL' by some/most of the posters in this thread.
also, you refer to him as if he is a one man army, when he's more of an lone individual.

taking a step back:

Deebs said:
This forum has reached the point that there is little use in keeping it running. If the same group of people posting on this forum keep on fucking about in every single thread, then this forum will no longer exist at the end of this week.

note deebs said the word "group". if you all see k9 as the troublemaker here then why was the word "group" used. if i remember correctly, group usually refers to more than one

taking another step back so this whole mess fits into view
on one side i see k9, alone. on the other, i see a group of people attacking him through posts.

maybe now you can stop dodging the blame and admit it.

it fits

Ala

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going to bed. Enjoy.

G'night Sissyfoo :wub:
G'night Dilinja :fluffle:
G'night Deebs :fluffle:
G'night eOT :worthy:

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
in it's current state there isn't much point keeping it, when the signal to noise ratio gets so bad it makes usenet seem like an academic journal it's definately not going anywhere. It would, however, be a shame to see less than a handful of immature people bring down the whole forum, there have been some good posts and people who have kept it sensible.

The spammers and antogonists know who they are and really should have been permabanned a while ago as they do just persist every time they come back. TBH i think the world would be a better place without EoT........

Night

Fledgling Freddie
I dont post here at all, but its a good forum to read and laugh at, would be a mistake imo to remove eot :(

Ziva

Fluffy
Stop pointing fingers towards eachother. Yes this includes you aswell Ala cause you have made a lot of troll topics and replies aswell as others did (even now you find the need to make a stupid reply (goodnight blabla) in a serious post, well done!!).

Since overall the same people visit this forum i think it's very fair to speak of a group.

I wouldn't mind to see this forum closed. This forum alone takes up as much moderating time as the rest of the forum (i'm including reading, banning, warning, closing etc.). It's sad for those who can post normally but the ones who have no selfcritism at all and continue to think it's funny to annoy other forum users and moderators have ruined it for you.

Oh and make no illusions if this forum gets closed and you will troll other forums, count on perma bans. One forum closed by misbehaviour is sad enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom