GOA-Quest Walkthrough (Spoiler)

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
k, sry for my bad english but probably this walkthrough will help u do finish the quest. 5 minutes ago i finished it so the locs etc i'll write down in following text are correct.

the old medallion:
buy an old rusted spade at the new merchant in oceanus hesperos.
after it travel to the centre island in meso (right beside the stablemaster) and use the spade between the 3 columns on the middle of the island. (there should be a small place without grass)

1st:
the amulets owner is kompos. he can be found on the north-western island in anatole.

2nd:
the next island is at 35;54 boreal. move between the rocks and u get a msg. introduce yourself (/s "your name") and use the keyword revenge.

3rd:
talk to the ghosts

4th:
back to kompos and talk to hm to get one of his scales

5th:
craft a doll (clothworking skill 0) and use the scale from kompos

6th:
go back to the ghosts, remember that they spawn just after nightfall.

7th:
bury the voodoo puppet near kompos (use the spade near him)

8th:
back to the ghosts.again.....

9th:
move to loc 33;10 in notos and u get a scroll and a key

10th:
move to 60;19 hesperos and open the chest.

11th:
now u have to decypher the text u found in the scroll. the frenchies had it easy, thats why they finished it first. u need to use "y" as a vocale since it doesnt exist in french. im sry but i have just the german translation so i just give u the loc later.

move to green glades loc 4;18
say "death"

12th:
go on talking to the sphinx and say "tree"

13th:
and another keyword: "hands and feet"

14th:
and the last one "enchanted spade"

15th:
find the smith torderos at 15;6 tr and say "platinum spade"
at the end of this step give him the amulet u got in the start and u have the spade from him.

16th:
move to meso to 5922;59379. now u should stay at a tree(this location is the one described be the coded text form the scroll). use the platinum spade. probably u need to do it 2-3 times if u r on the wrong loc a green con skelletton will spawn.

17th:
back to the smith torderos and trade the amulet back. just give him the platinum spade.

18th:
move to the hall of heroes and talk with eregos and give him the structure u found.

thats it.

like i said without the coded text u cant get the clue about the right location in meso to use the spade. the code was made for frenchies(the thing with y as vocale..). thats why they decyphered it first.
so probably lvl1 frenchies did the quest first on the uk+ger servers.who knows. anyway u c...french designers design the quests for french customers.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Ok now what I don't get, so people are gonna do this quest, but surely enough it was ment to be contest of the fastest adventurer able to solve this mystery.

So what's the point if we gonna do the quest if you and probably other players already finished it before we did.

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
well some ppl like to do quests and if they are stuck at a specific point they could take a look on it..

not everything must be rewarded.
im not sure if i was the first one who solved the quest but i finished it anyway.

Zelh

Fledgling Freddie
9th:
move to loc 33;10 in notos and u get a scroll and a key

at 33,10 u should be around a little building made of marble, on it there is a big hole, get on it and you get a pop up receiving the scroll and the key.

about the decipher, well, the code says that u have to find 3 rocks making a triangle.........they are pretty hidded, you have to check really well, they are west of the spot where we said you could find the scroll and the key, 33,10 notos, underwater, while going west you will suddenly see a big amount of water-plants (dont know the exact word), go though them and in the damn middle you will notice 4 stones, 3 making a triangle and 1 isolated, the same stuff that the code tells you, you make what it says and you will get to the isle which is in the SW corner of the ocean of mesothalassa......there you will find 2-3 columns in the SE part of it, there u have to start with those walkings of 17 steps to the north and then 64 to the NW....and you will get to a small tree, where you have to use the platinum spade....there, concerning to what gyssi and me made, there can be 3 kinds of pop-ups:

1-> you get the item you need.
2-> you dont success and get a green skeleton poped that u have to kill
3-> you dont even success using the spade ( xD )

so when you get the item, move back to torderus the taur near SoM spot and then you are only in need to visit eregos in hall of heroes.

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
surely this needs to be right now'd..

not the walkthrough the damn coding.

surely they should of had different codes for uk , french german and others to prevent this.

GOA BALLS IT UP AGAIN!:wanker:

i just wanna finish the damn thing

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
I dont think its fair to have a walkthrough, as there were many people who was trying it spending many hours in the other steps. And now people who was trying uncode cipher without any tip or walkthrough and couldnt, they now havent any reward, I hope first people finished it was any people who was doing this quest using fair way, playing in excal/prydwen server :(

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sir_Otreil said:
I dont think its fair to have a walkthrough, as there were many people who was trying it spending many hours in the other steps. And now people who was trying uncode cipher without any tip or walkthrough and couldnt, they now havent any reward, I hope first people finished it was any people who was doing this quest using fair way, playing in excal/prydwen server :(

There is a Spoiler in the title for a reason...

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
3% more cash from mobs.

anyway, i waited with the walkthrough till i knew that there were enough ppl done with the quest, so there isnt a problem i guess.

ppl who wanna do the quest without help............its no like there is a shield when u open the fh page which sais "ha! got ya! u have to go to xyz on your enxt step! haha, i fakked u up!!"

Sir_Otreil

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
There is a Spoiler in the title for a reason...

I know but people who was trying win a RL price using fair way, they wont do it as people who readed the walkthrough finished it maybe before

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gysele said:
the old medallion:
buy an old rusted spade at the new merchant in oceanus hesperos.
after it travel to the centre island in meso (right beside the stablemaster) and use the spade between the 3 columns on the middle of the island. (there should be a small place without grass)
ok i give up - freaking annoying quest lol - spent 3 hours trying to use the spade (with the most annoying 3 min reuse timer) all round the "middle" of the 3 pillars and cant start the damn thing or am I doing something wrong ?

Tyruchi Neon

Fledgling Freddie
Gysele said:
3% more cash from mobs.

anyway, i waited with the walkthrough till i knew that there were enough ppl done with the quest, so there isnt a problem i guess.

ppl who wanna do the quest without help............its no like there is a shield when u open the fh page which sais "ha! got ya! u have to go to xyz on your enxt step! haha, i fakked u up!!"

yes, but read the description...speak about some other power...

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
do u have the right spade? there are 3 different ones to buy. u have to use the old rusted one.

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
Sir_Otreil said:
I know but people who was trying win a RL price using fair way, they wont do it as people who readed the walkthrough finished it maybe before

well , just because im german, doesnt mean that i dont play here:)

zelh and me tworked on the quest from the beginning ...
and since more than 6 ppl finished the quest alrdy on the cluster ther eis no point in holding back a walkthrough for ppl who stuck but wanna finish it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Sir_Otreil said:

omg you cant be serious? How do you think he wrote the walkthrough? Gysele has already finished the bloody quest!

It mentioned something about people doing this ASAP, if Gysele has already done this along with other people then if you've just seen this thread its already too late to win!

Bluesky

Fledgling Freddie
Gysele said:
do u have the right spade? there are 3 different ones to buy. u have to use the old rusted one.
yup thats the one im using and tried all the "patches" of no grass etc and looking on a low quality graphics setup on buffbot and high quality graphics setup on main pc - nothing happens when I use it tho :(

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Was anyone actually able to decipher the English version of the encrypted text without looking at the solution from the German/French players? I looked at the German answer and found the pattern for it and was able to decipher the English version, but I'm curious if anyone was actually able to do the English version without any help?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
*waits for Dorimor1 to come in and say the quest's shit, GOA are shit and we're all shit for doing the quest*

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
GReaper said:
Was anyone actually able to decipher the English version of the encrypted text without looking at the solution from the German/French players? I looked at the German answer and found the pattern for it and was able to decipher the English version, but I'm curious if anyone was actually able to do the English version without any help?

dont think so.
the germans couldnt do it without the french help too.
like i said..who the fuck should we find out that y counts as a vocale?

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Gysele said:
like i said..who the fuck should we find out that y counts as a vocale?

first of all i haven't done the quest, but what do you mean that Y counts as a vocale?

I take it the code was a simple substitution code that was biased to french linquists? If So then GOA should really have another look at how they do Multinational quests with Real life rewards.. bad goa.. go to your corner...

Maybe the shold of written it in welsh , that would of fucked some people up!

Was it really that hard to deciper without using the french or german one to compare?, was the french one quicker?

:m00:

Provender

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky, dig at 33417 33777 Meso or thereabouts for the Ancient Medallion.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
old.Whoodoo said:
tsk, bloody klingons on the forum again!
Worthless p'tach!

khamcov.jpg

Gysele

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
first of all i haven't done the quest, but what do you mean that Y counts as a vocale?

I take it the code was a simple substitution code that was biased to french linquists? If So then GOA should really have another look at how they do Multinational quests with Real life rewards.. bad goa.. go to your corner...

Maybe the shold of written it in welsh , that would of fucked some people up!

Was it really that hard to deciper without using the french or german one to compare?, was the french one quicker?

:m00:

if im not wrong all 3 texts(english, german, french) were coded in caesar.
consonants and vocals got 2 diffrent codings.
but they used the same code for all 3 languages.
the result was that the "Y" counted in all 3 texts as a vocale. in the german language it isnt a common letter, but it exists. and its often used in the english language.
in french it doesnt exist.

that was the problem in coding. noone could know that it counts as a vocale.

anyway, goa said that the quest can be solved by anyone who thinks a bit.
but who should decypher the text without at least a bit knowledge about coding?

in the last sentence of the text is a hint to the sphinx, which u get nowhere else.

lets guess we would be all egoistic ppl who doesnt give hints to other ppl.
probably there would be 1% of the players able to get past step 11...

next time goa includes a quest it should probably focused on the game and not on a kryptography studium

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Bluesky said:
yup thats the one im using and tried all the "patches" of no grass etc and looking on a low quality graphics setup on buffbot and high quality graphics setup on main pc - nothing happens when I use it tho :(

i used brand new 1. and worked fine

GReaper

Part of the furniture
I was wondering what the hell a vocale was! :p

A quick google shows a few pages which describe french y's. An example from the English text, for those who just looked up the full answer from somewhere else:

Code:
Original: REHHAUDTUHEQUYKEDUKWIHKWOHKAJKHUZIJODKWIJECISOHIRKOUDMWORWBIESJKUKWIKOFUTKWIOJBEDS.
     New: carryonforaboutanotherthirtystrokeinthesamedirectionwhichleadstothetipoftheisland.

In all of the sentences in the text, vowels replace vowels and consonants replace consonants. GOA could've adjusted this for the non-French versions! :(

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
To be honest, I didn't like the fact that it was turned into a multi-step quest. It gives an unfair advantage to some people who can spend more time.

I consider last year's contest (The lotto dude) to be a lot more fair.

Congratulations to the people who managed to chew their way though the quest in such short time, though. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom