SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I'm just curious how one does that? I regularly get mails "from" people I used to know who aren't in my address book but a cursory click exposes them as juntyedmcwankstain@somemadeupurl.com or somesuch, but this one doesn't.
Fundamentally the SMTP protocol has no such restrictions, any piece of mail software can set whatever headers it wants. That's why extra technologies why SPF and DKIM were create to add verification . Along with content checks, spam detection is then a game of using all that information to decide if that person / ip address is allowed to send emails for the domain they claim to be part of. The reason you see so few emails in the format you asked about is that they are more likely to be classed as spam (it's harder to pretend to be a legit domain).

Embattle

FH is my second home
I mean, I can think of better targets:

but it does send a very strong message just a couple of hours after other protestors were jailed for two years for the same offense.

No it doesn't, it just means we've got another bunch of idiots to find jail places for, and hopefully for even longer.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It says "fuck you, your jail terms won't deter us".

Good on 'em. They're not harming the art. The painting is safe and they know that.

Personally, there's lots of better targets (and lots of better methods). But talking about them would land me in clinky.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Talked the wife into letting me buy a John Cooper works awd mini.

For anyone that ever does the M40 to M1 gap, via Towcester, I fucking love that bit of road.

Embattle

FH is my second home

For anyone that ever does the M40 to M1 gap, via Towcester, I fucking love that bit of road.

Ironically my dad just got himself a Mini 3DR Hatch JWC as he got really irritated keep having to pay the expensive car tax for his BMW 330D Touring, it looks nice and certainly a size difference.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wish Amazon had an exclude Chinesium bollocks option when searching for things. I want some decent wireless headphones, not plastic tat.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin

mate of mine has one of them. its pretty epic not gonna lie. congrats dude!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
My next car will be electric. Either an id3, or a Tesla 3.

Embattle

FH is my second home
My next car will be electric. Either an id3, or a Tesla 3.

My dad has had a Nissan Ariya and a BMW i4 and I thought they were great but every time he went on a longer journey, including one to Ireland, it annoyed the hell out of him using public charging thus he has gone back to ICE cars...naturally age may be factor as well ;) The Tesla certainly has the edge in motors and batteries, it is just a shame they can't put them together as well as other car companies and there is no HUD to make up for the fact you've no display directly in front of you, it also means supporting an owner I dislike quite a lot. The ID3 is nice although its OS has been a mess for some time now but I like the look which is Golf like. One of the benefits of EVs will be disappearing in April next year as all EVs will start paying basic road tax, EVs over £40000 will also pay the expensive vehicle road tax on top of the basic road tax if they are first registered after April 2025.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Back in the day I lived in Oxford and my girlfriend lived in Peterborough; I used to do that route each way every weekend, and it was before ubiquitous speed cameras (they were just coming in then). I would time myself and absolutely fucking thrash it. Unfortunately it was in a Rover 200 :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Don't get an ID3; a Cupra Born is a much better version of the same car

Drove one in Sweden and loved it, but the id3 is cheaper second hand. And tbh, I'm at the point where a car is mostly just a fridge on wheels now - I get more enjoyment from other things.

Gray

FH is my second home
WWJD?

I'm putting this in spam as I am not massively worried, especially after a quick Google, but there's always something lingering (Maybe the "how dare he!"). I was at a retail park earlier this afternoon, just as we finished I got back to my car and opened the door, the spaces weren't massive so I GENTLY placed the car door against the next door car (I'm not a savage). Got in the car and closed the door. While the Mrs was sorring the baby the guy who owned the next door car suddenly walked up, stood between the cars - I wasn't paying any attention in honesty, anyway, my window was open and he came out and said "Hey you, are you going to pay for scratching/damaging my door?".

Taken aback, I asked what the hell he was on about. He pointed to the scuff on his car door and told me I damaged it. Denied. He claimed to have "witnessed" me banging the car door on his (Didn't*). I denied all and refused to entertain his conversation. He put on a wee show, standing in front of the car saying I am not leaving - Got on his phone and immediately started to talk to someone. At the conclusion of his "conversation" he then took a picture of my car registration and me.

He took a picture of the scratch on his car. I enquired on if he planned on taking any pictures of the other superficial scratches a few inches away from the alleged damage. His response to those scratches was "It's got fuck all to do with you". A likely response I figured. In the end, I drove off, with his voice in the wind saying "Yeah that's it, leaving the scene of an accident". I almost choked at that one in honesty.

So, my concern is he may have been legitimate on the phone, reporting this to either the police or car insurance, in which case could I expect something in the post, or a phone call? I can't see either way how he could "prove" I did this one way or another, he is not exactly an unbiased witness. I was going to call my local station/101 when I got home, but on checking forums about "accused of damaging car!" I came to a quick conclusion this could have being complete bluster to force me to admit/cough up cash.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
WWJD?

I'm putting this in spam as I am not massively worried, especially after a quick Google, but there's always something lingering (Maybe the "how dare he!"). I was at a retail park earlier this afternoon, just as we finished I got back to my car and opened the door, the spaces weren't massive so I GENTLY placed the car door against the next door car (I'm not a savage). Got in the car and closed the door. While the Mrs was sorring the baby the guy who owned the next door car suddenly walked up, stood between the cars - I wasn't paying any attention in honesty, anyway, my window was open and he came out and said "Hey you, are you going to pay for scratching/damaging my door?".

Taken aback, I asked what the hell he was on about. He pointed to the scuff on his car door and told me I damaged it. Denied. He claimed to have "witnessed" me banging the car door on his (Didn't*). I denied all and refused to entertain his conversation. He put on a wee show, standing in front of the car saying I am not leaving - Got on his phone and immediately started to talk to someone. At the conclusion of his "conversation" he then took a picture of my car registration and me.

He took a picture of the scratch on his car. I enquired on if he planned on taking any pictures of the other superficial scratches a few inches away from the alleged damage. His response to those scratches was "It's got fuck all to do with you". A likely response I figured. In the end, I drove off, with his voice in the wind saying "Yeah that's it, leaving the scene of an accident". I almost choked at that one in honesty.

So, my concern is he may have been legitimate on the phone, reporting this to either the police or car insurance, in which case could I expect something in the post, or a phone call? I can't see either way how he could "prove" I did this one way or another, he is not exactly an unbiased witness. I was going to call my local station/101 when I got home, but on checking forums about "accused of damaging car!" I came to a quick conclusion this could have being complete bluster to force me to admit/cough up cash.
Mate - sounds like bollocks to me if you were as careful as you say getting in. Fuck him.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
WWJD?

You have your wife with you as a witness to the bullshit, you should be fine

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The police won't give a shit and the most they'll do is give him the registered keeper's details. It isn't leaving the scene of an accident because there was no accident scene to leave. There's zero chance he has his insurance company on speed dial.

He's just some wanker trying to extort money. Forget about him. If you do hear from your insurance company, your door was just very close to his car, it didn't touch it so couldn't have scratched it.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I've just hinted to my Mrs that I'm going to get rid of my 6 ft snooker table next year
She was delighted
.... and going to be replacing it with an 8ft slate bed table in its place
Her delight vanished.

:ROFLMAO:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Well. She's got enough handbags and shoes to re-stock Selfridges.
I've got a pair of pair of pants that are so threadbare you can use them as tracing paper.
They're awesome !

I'm upgrading !

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Talking of cameltoe, I just watched a video on DAOC in 2024
The guy said there was 150 ppl on the entire server at peak times
He said he felt lonely playing it

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Particularly pertinent to me right now as I'm in hospital sat next to my probably dying mother:

I'm against assisted dying for this reason:
For Parris, far from being a cause for concern, this is the key appeal of this approach. Indeed, he actively welcomes the prospect of assisted dying eventually becoming “considered socially responsible – and even, finally, urged upon people”

I'm a strong personality but would suffer unser that pressure. To get to the end of your life and be made, socially, to feel like a burden is an unconscionable recipe for a profoundly sad end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom