SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Press photographer gets beaten up by four police, they trump up charges against him, gets to the day before the trial before the CPS say they're not going to offer any evidence against him.

I fucking hate the police.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
"I'm arresting you for capturing the energy of photons travelling from the direction of the scene of a crime!"

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Press photographer gets beaten up by four police, they trump up charges against him, gets to the day before the trial before the CPS say they're not going to offer any evidence against him.

I fucking hate the police.

Lot of corrupt coppers sadly. Most of them know that courts take their sides 9 times out of 10 so they just make shit up with their mates.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Try this first

God I hate Linux. I have spent hours trying to install this only to be presented with problem after problem, error after error, and thousands of "solutions" online. People complain about windows but at least I don't need a degree to use it.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
God I hate Linux. I have spent hours trying to install this only to be presented with problem after problem, error after error, and thousands of "solutions" online. People complain about windows but at least I don't need a degree to use it.
That's a shame, looked promising as it's a docker container so should kinda just work (in that very slight kinda that applies a lot on Linux)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

I tried it the other day, what a fuck on just to get some games playing on it lol, uninstalled it after about 7 hours of use.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In Texas it is illegal to draw on someone else's cow, and its also against the law to possess a fake moustache with the intent to mark or deface a cow.

This is seldom prosecuted, but both crimes are still on the statute books.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
d7c08f8b-1e2d-42c5-a8fc-3476ec7eb886.png

Tom

I am a FH squatter
That's a shame, looked promising as it's a docker container so should kinda just work (in that very slight kinda that applies a lot on Linux)
It took me an hour or two just to work out why Chromium is so slow on a Pi. Turned out that I had to turn "hardware acceleration" off before it would be usable.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
A tax break is not a subsidy.

HTH.

Plus fossil fuels are useful :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
A tax break is not a subsidy.
According to the IMF (and everyone else) it is.

But "tax breaks" aren't the limit of subsidies for fossil fuels - which add up to an astonishing 7.1% of GDP globally.

Energy is useful.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I can't see how the germ line can be amended by anything that happens in the soma.

:)

Lots of heritable traits can be amended and passed on. But memory?

An aversion to or preference for certain things certainly (you'll die less if you like sitting near fires at night when predators are about - so you pass on your genes if you "like" fire). But memory, not for me without hard evidence.

Edit: Yes, I just realised the preference for fire is conventional genetic inheritance. For example, the current famine in gaza could potentially result in epigenetic changes that will echo down through the generations of palestinians.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
According to the IMF (and everyone else) it is.

But "tax breaks" aren't the limit of subsidies for fossil fuels - which add up to an astonishing 7.1% of GDP globally.

Energy is useful.

They don't in the slightest - I got as far as that report saying the social cost of congestion should be put on a litre of fuel.

We already pay that you dumb fucks, it's called being late.

Still I don't see the social cost of traffic jams being put on electricity - more subsidies for the milk float enthusiast.

Your report is bad, and you should feel bad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It makes me feel better that despite the world going to shit some things will never change :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Finally got it working by reformatting and trying a different install method. The stream lasted about 3 seconds before the buffering started, then it stopped altogether. Pi now back on the shelf.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

:)

Lots of heritable traits can be amended and passed on. But memory?

An aversion to or preference for certain things certainly (you'll die less if you like sitting near fires at night when predators are about - so you pass on your genes if you "like" fire). But memory, not for me without hard evidence.

Edit: Yes, I just realised the preference for fire is conventional genetic inheritance. For example, the current famine in gaza could potentially result in epigenetic changes that will echo down through the generations of palestinians.

So are a lot of things that are passed down, for all sort of species. Domesticated wild animals, easily slotting into the wild, even if captive born. The area is frighteningly complex.

Even fear of the dark could be considered a genetic memory. We have little need to fear it, yet most of us, at some point of our life, were terrified of it, because when stuff wanted to eat us, we had a reason to be afraid.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Even fear of the dark could be considered a genetic memory.
Don't like that as a "definition". Fear of the dark is a survival instinct - you're more likely to die, and therefore not pass on your genes, if you're scared of the dark.

Makes sense, we can't see in the dark as well as in the day - so bad things are more likely to happen at night (a fall where you break something that you can't recover from, for example). This means, when evolution still applied to us on an individual level rather than at a species level, that you couldn't pass your genes on. But those who stuck put more at night were more likely.

This is just standard genetic inheritence. Behaviours are ingrained. But it's not "memory".

Epigenetics are different from this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Steven Seagal : a shit and a liar, or an easy target for "haters gonna hate" ?

View: https://youtu.be/asFZusyWBKY?si=UY81hZ9RygBSPOIq

Guys a total scumbag. He was married to a japanese bird at one point before his career took off, he stole all of her money and moved back to the USA then married someone else int he USA without even divorcing or telling his Japanese wife.

Been stories of him getting handsy with women on set a lot too

He fled to Russia because stuff started coming out about him and he was scared of being prosecuted... guys just a fraud.

The Van Damme story was the funniest one though - so Segal rips on Van Damme a lot and calls Van Damme a fraud, Stallone had a party one year and both Van Damme and Segal were there, Van Damme was pissed off at Segal and offered him a fight outside and Segal ran away from the party.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Guys a total scumbag. He was married to a japanese bird at one point before his career took off, he stole all of her money and moved back to the USA then married someone else int he USA without even divorcing or telling his Japanese wife.

Been stories of him getting handsy with women on set a lot too

He fled to Russia because stuff started coming out about him and he was scared of being prosecuted... guys just a fraud.

The Van Damme story was the funniest one though - so Segal rips on Van Damme a lot and calls Van Damme a fraud, Stallone had a party one year and both Van Damme and Segal were there, Van Damme was pissed off at Segal and offered him a fight outside and Segal ran away from the party.
YouTube is full of videos about what a lazy, fraudulent nobhead he is.

Still, Erika’s norks were good.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Is @Deebs Welsh ?

The TV personality Alan Davies went most of his life thinking he was Welsh. After some time with geneologists turned out he didn't have a drop of Welsh blood in him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom