SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And, of course, with Labour getting back in, ID cards are likely back on the agenda:

some lines from the article she loves said:
a majority of the public supported compulsory ID cards, as well as CCTV cameras in every public place and a national database of citizens’ fingerprints

"is it time to sacrifice freedom for administrative efficiency, and bow down to po-faced officialdom?"

The two problems we face here are that 1) the majority of humans are naturally facist assholes - that poll is likely true. But the majority of humans are also knuckle dragging retards who can't conceptualise the society they support when asked these questions - never mind how it would feel to live for decades in it. And, 2) we're about to hand the keys to these people - Labour - who, to quote firefly, think they can "make people better".

Like I said. Terrified of Labour getting in :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Jesus - I'd not read thw whole article before posting:

As society has liberalised, a vacancy has appeared. It used to be that family, neighbourhood communities and religions worked as our moral arbiters, telling us what was right and wrong, what was fair, what we owe to others, and how we should best organise our lives. But these have declined. Could it be that we need the state to stand in instead?

A full-throated cry for the state as moral arbiter.

Genuine terror :cry:

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It's pretty interesting, half the fun is watching out the back windows as the pair of them fly around doing whatever they do. I'm a bit worried that the scaffolders will upset them when they pull the scaffold down though. They should only be an hour doing it so fingers crossed the berbs will be fine about it. They tend to disappear in the afternoon, reappearing early in the morning.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If you want to do it, go to Bird Box Cameras | Green Feathers and get what you need. I have this one WiFi Side View Bird Box Camera Ultimate Bundle | Green Feathers

The camera is PoE so I just connected it to a spare port on my home security NVR. And then I enabled rtsp on the NVR and got the address for that camera. I'm trying to get it to stream via this Pi 4 I have but the OS seems to be unstable, maybe I need a better SD card for it. Crashes when I start a browser, etc.

Mine is slightly out of focus but I'll fix that once the birds have left the nest. You just rotate the lens, it locks with a grub screw.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
And, of course, with Labour getting back in, ID cards are likely back on the agenda:

The two problems we face here are that 1) the majority of humans are naturally facist assholes - that poll is likely true. But the majority of humans are also knuckle dragging retards who can't conceptualise the society they support when asked these questions - never mind how it would feel to live for decades in it. And, 2) we're about to hand the keys to these people - Labour - who, to quote firefly, think they can "make people better".

Slight misquote there there 2nd part is not from any Labour politician but a historian and was repeated by Rees-Mogg

The state already takes a strong stance on morality, what it decides tends to end up as laws.

And the article talks about the state not being forced to pay for things like fatties and smokers on the NHS something I would have thought you would be in favour of 😀

Syri

FH is my second home

What will Scouse say when he realises the tories made photo ID mandatory for voting? Kinda makes the whole ID card thing a bit of a storm in a teacup. It's here anyway...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm I managed to get it streaming over the Pi but very laggy and the CPU was starting to glow red. Maybe I'll find a shitty laptop somewhere and do it with that.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you want to do it, go to Bird Box Cameras | Green Feathers and get what you need. I have this one WiFi Side View Bird Box Camera Ultimate Bundle | Green Feathers

The camera is PoE so I just connected it to a spare port on my home security NVR. And then I enabled rtsp on the NVR and got the address for that camera. I'm trying to get it to stream via this Pi 4 I have but the OS seems to be unstable, maybe I need a better SD card for it. Crashes when I start a browser, etc.

Mine is slightly out of focus but I'll fix that once the birds have left the nest. You just rotate the lens, it locks with a grub screw.
Try this first

Embattle

FH is my second home
We had a couple of blue tits in our bird boxes, it was nice to watch them especially when they left with their young although unfortunately during cleaning it was clear that one baby hadn't survived.

I've no problem with ID Cards in principle, something I've said before.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Our entire solar system is moving through the Milky Way galaxy at about 514,000 mph (relative to the galactic centre). That's 143 miles in one second.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Slight misquote there there 2nd part is not from any Labour politician but a historian and was repeated by Rees-Mogg
No misquote - I'm quoting an article that makes a case for state-sanctioned morality. Supporting that quote. A case already proven - the state has no business deciding morality.

The state already takes a strong stance on morality, what it decides tends to end up as laws.
Like legislation which ultimately led to Alan Turing committing suicide eh? Because what he thought and did was immoral, according to the state.

Look around the world - we can go backwards and forwards - in whatever opinion you want your morality to be. We can move towards Russia. They can move towards China. Religious people could get a more serious footing - like they've had for thousands of years. Then we're really up shit creek again.

The state should never be an arbiter of morality. All it's capable of is criminialising some actions dependent on the majority feeling (or strong minority) of the time.

And the article talks about the state not being forced to pay for things like fatties and smokers on the NHS something I would have thought you would be in favour of 😀
Because I may or may not agree with some policy decisions doesn't mean I want to give up freedom of thought and action.

What will Scouse say when he realises the tories made photo ID mandatory for voting? Kinda makes the whole ID card thing a bit of a storm in a teacup. It's here anyway...
For voting (which I disagree with). This is an argument for everything.

If you want to live in a full-on facist society, then feel free. I most humans do. (Until they actually get there, of course, then they fucking hate it. Then: Rinse-repeat).

Last edited:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
In a process called transgenerational epigenetic inheritance it has been discovered that crows are not only able to uniquely identify a single human face from a crowd, but that this information is able to be genetically passed down to later crow generations.

A scientist dressed up as a gorilla and annoyed a crow. After some time the crow brought some of its friends to harass the "gorilla". Out of the entire group of crows (called a murder), 26% of them recognised the gorilla after one year even though a number of them had died and fostered young. After 4 years, almost 70% of the murder instantly recognised it including some who had never seen the gorilla face to face.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
It was a 5 minute segment in a video I watched earlier. I'll see if I can find the research paper.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I get the social stuff (and it's cool) - but the genetic passdown?

Isn't it just them teaching their kids that @Deebs is a cunt?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Think of a person you've met in real life and decided you wanted to punch their lights out
Time passes, and you have kids.
Now imagine all your children being able to instantly recognise and hate that person on sight even though you've never shown them a picture, video, or even mentioned them.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Crows are pretty awesome
...just don't tell your kids to climb to the top of a tree, jump off, flap their arms, and they'll be able to fly.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Think of a person you've met in real life and decided you wanted to punch their lights out
Time passes, and you have kids.
Now imagine all your children being able to instantly recognise and hate that person on sight even though you've never shown them a picture, video, or even mentioned them.
I get it. But I want to see the science that shows that.

But I've been drinking, so will try again tomorrow :)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you want first hand evidence, you could do the same. Go down the end of the garden, annoy a crow (a lot), and see what happens...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can't see how the germ line can be amended by anything that happens in the soma.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I know "Orwellian" is an overused term, but fucking hell Scotland.

Apparently Scotlands phone system is a fucking mess because theres that many calls reporting hate crimes to the police... such a stupid law.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom