SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
How are governments always so inept:

It wasn't really inept, I imagine Blair and co were fully aware of the issue coming up 20+ years into the future but just didn't care. Long-termism isn't really a thing any more.

Blair's Labour promised shiny things, delivered them, happy public, votes secured and details ignored.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I played both 1 and 2 when they originally came out, I got the remastered versions a while ago and still need to play them as well but I've got Starfield due soon as well.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I needed toothbrush heads. Went to Tesco £46 ! Reduced to £36 with a clubcard
(shows you how much profit they're making if they'll knock a tenner off)

Amazon: £17. Sorted.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The clubcard price is "what stuff costs" items are on occasion inflated in price, so they can be reduced for a bit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
The clubcard price is "what stuff costs" items are on occasion inflated in price, so they can be reduced for a bit.
I know a bit about supermarket loyalty schemes and pricing :)

I’ll keep schtum.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm old enough to remember Tiger Tokens. Used to get them from our local Esso. Had a cupboard full of glasses from there lol

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I know a bit about supermarket loyalty schemes and pricing :)

I’ll keep schtum.
It's all bullshit? Just like every shop now wanting you to be a member under threat of being gouged if you don't.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Built a new desk today, realised late on that I was out by 3mm on the side "table" that holds the PC, not quite high enough to meet the main desk. Chopped up the old full desk size rubberised mousemat and made hidden pylons that support the desktop, damping any sound/vibration.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's all bullshit? Just like every shop now wanting you to be a member under threat of being gouged if you don't.

Does my fucking head in, "do you have a <insert scheme here> card, sir?" No, just let me pay for the catfood ffs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That is changing with lawsuits in the US.

It shouldn't need lawsuits, fuck John Deere, fuck Apple, and fuck Tesla.

The problem is the insidious buy a service, not buy a thing. If I buy something, On the rare occasion that it doesn't work then I expect to be able to at least have a go at fixing it, before handing it off to an indi fella to do a better job. I don't want to have some sort of umbilical cord with the creator of said thing.

Last edited:

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
expect to be able to at least have a go at fixing it, before handing it off to an indi fella to do a better job

Snipped that because these companies are also blocking indi companies from doing it too... Louis Rossman's videos can be boring as fuck, but he knows this stuff inside and out....

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
While the mess is disgusting and these people need to grow up and look after their shit. Those tents and likely sleeping bags etc will be cleaned and donated to charities.

I know it's just a random field, but people need to learn about leave no trace.
Glastonbury contributes to a culture of throwaway camping.

You go to any of the big campsites in Wales and you'll find shit like that because (particularly) sub-30-somethings will just ditch their shit in the expectation that it'll be cleaned up by somewhere else.

Glastonbury should be running a "leave no trace" ethos - make the campers clean up after themselves. Frankly, they should have alloted plots and have a hefty deposit witheld if, when they come to check, there's any rubbish on it.

I think they run a good system in Glasto, but for the fact it's teaching people that this shit is all throwaway.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Embattle

FH is my second home
Not sure why they feel the need to apologise:

I mean what will these offsets be, other than rather useless and untrustworthy. So far the government has been utterly useless at stopping other crap getting into the rivers and ultimately the sea and about the most they've done is to repeatedly try and think that outflow meters is some sort of achievement after some 30 years.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Glastonbury contributes to a culture of throwaway camping.

You go to any of the big campsites in Wales and you'll find shit like that because (particularly) sub-30-somethings will just ditch their shit in the expectation that it'll be cleaned up by somewhere else.

Glastonbury should be running a "leave no trace" ethos - make the campers clean up after themselves. Frankly, they should have alloted plots and have a hefty deposit witheld if, when they come to check, there's any rubbish on it.

I think they run a good system in Glasto, but for the fact it's teaching people that this shit is all throwaway.

That's what happens when you can buy a ten quid tent in Lidl. It was that kind of thing that sort of snuck up on the festivals; when I used to go it wasn't exactly pristine afterwards, but people weren't just up leaving everything they'd brought with them behind either; even on the worst mud weekends lots of people still packed up because they couldn't afford not to. Now the calculation has gone the other way, and if you're leaving your tent and sleeping bags anyway, leaving the rest of your crap becomes a no-brainer.

Isn't late-stage capitalism grand?

Tom

I am a FH squatter

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom