SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Your example is called a desire path and they're very definitely a thing.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
pv58l52a5gba1.jpg

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Until retards at the council realise bikes aren't cars they should be banned from doing anything other than straight lanes :)

Salford has been by far the most ambitious council in GM when it comes to active travel. They're racing ahead of all the other councils and installing some pretty decent stuff. The plans they have to transform Salford Crescent are well impressive.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

He isn't entirely wrong - after all, if we hadn't figured out how to harness the wind to make a boat move, Transatlantic crossings would have been a right ballache.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He isn't entirely wrong - after all, if we hadn't figured out how to harness the wind to make a boat move, Transatlantic crossings would have been a right ballache.
Weak troll is weak.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
2 days off work, wife is fucking off to her mums straight from work tomorrow.

Yes please.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ordered 6 different Polish spices sausage to eat in front of the football on Saturday. Will probably die in my sleep.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Have you ever had Portuguese Blood Sausage? I can still taste it years later. Absolutely phenomenal.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Medium term plan is get a couple of cows and some pigs - will be making my own blood sausage :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Or, and this might sound mad, people can stop shovelling lard into the hole in their face?
A calorie isn't a calorie in terms of how it gets metabolised - behaviour is driven by biology and our bodies response to some "foods" that entered mass consumption in the 70s and 80s. Our governments know this and refuse to regulate as there's huge money in it.

If it was as simple as fat people being lazy gluttons then 70% of us wouldn't be fat and there wouldn't be an obesity epidemic in 6 month old babies.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Statins are used for other treatment besides reducing cholesterol.
In my case I've been put on statins for 12 months, not to reduce cholesterol (because both good and bad cholesterol are bang on normal levels) but to reduce the platelet count in my blood.
Now I just hope I won't bleed out after getting a paper cut.

Also statins give you terrible farts, so we can probably expect those environmental types to start complaining in a year or two.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I took them for a year or so when I was ill and they actually had the opposite effect. Farts are back to normal now I'm off them.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
This nails it:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dBnniua6-oM

It's a long watch but if you really want to understand what's going on with us (and why the NHS is dying) then this uni lecture does the trick.

It's almost as if sugar is the worst substance we can put in our body.

It's almost as if a low/no sugar diet (therefore lower carb.. Not quite Keto/The other non-strict version of keto) is the best diet there is. Nutrition needs to be a forced subject in school.

brb need to eat a 4 pack of snickers then bitch that I'm getting fat then complain that the NHS is failing me.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Statins are used for other treatment besides reducing cholesterol.
In my case I've been put on statins for 12 months, not to reduce cholesterol (because both good and bad cholesterol are bang on normal levels) but to reduce the platelet count in my blood.
Now I just hope I won't bleed out after getting a paper cut.

Also statins give you terrible farts, so we can probably expect those environmental types to start complaining in a year or two.
My farts are always bad. Does that mean my heart is really healthy?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's almost as if sugar is the worst substance we can put in our body.

It's almost as if a low/no sugar diet (therefore lower carb.. Not quite Keto/The other non-strict version of keto) is the best diet there is. Nutrition needs to be a forced subject in school.
Fructose & sucrose = alcohol (legal for kids). Sucrose is just glucose bonded to fructose - which gets unbonded within seconds of being in your body so Sucrose = Fructose. (Glucose is fine - gets used by all the cells in your body).

Fructose can't be used by your cells and is hard for the liver to metabolise it properly, so gets set down as fat. And exercise doesn't burn fat until you've burned through your glycogen (glucose) stores - which takes a full 10 hours on the bike (with no food) or 3 days of nothing but water.

It also doesn't trigger your "I'm full" biology. It's a really shit circle of nasty - which has resulted in disease - diabetes, heart disease, pancreatitis, fatty liver disease etc. - all the shit that is utterly fucking our health systems and the stuff that is making it too expensive for us to run. And it's addictive - exactly like cocaine - it triggers the same dopamine feedback loops which means you need more and more.

You're right about a low/no sugar diet. If you get your sugars from vegetables and fruit (not fruit juice) then you're fine. Carbs are good. Fat isn't the devil (but if you can get it from plant-based sources you're much better off). Processed foods and sugary drinks ARE the devil. For example: If you give your kids a can of coke it's exactly the same metabolic result as giving them alcohol, just without the getting drunk bit. But all of the other bad shit that alcohol does is happening to them.

Fruit, unprocessed meat, whole (not juiced) vegetables, whole grains (including traditional bread - which you can't get in any supermarkets), legumes, nuts and to drink - water or milk. This is food. Actual food.

Anything else? Poison. And that's not an exaggeration, unfortunately. :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On this:
And exercise doesn't burn fat until you've burned through your glycogen (glucose) stores - which takes a full 10 hours on the bike (with no food) or 3 days of nothing but water.
Over the past couple of years I've put on a stone a year, despite a lot of multi full-day exercise binges (walk up a mountain saturday, out on the bike all day sunday is pretty much our default).

Our problem is alcohol, not fructose. We party too much most weekends with friends (don't drink in the week). We eat nothing but wholesome mainly home-cooked foods exclusively from the "actual food" bit above but add in ten or twenty pints of beer of a weekend then the calories straight to fat equation doesn't work.

I've just done a 48 hour water fast to help kick me into ketosis. Next time alcohol will pass my lips will be April most likely. Ultra low carbs (including cutting out the good ones from below-ground veggies) - means my body will be turning to my fat stores for energy. When it can't burn glucose, it burns fat by way of ketone bodies. Weight will drop off - and the good thing is I'll be naturally restricting calories because I won't be hungry at all. No craving.

In fact, the thing I'll need to do is focus on nutrition - making sure I'm getting enough good food to ensure I'm not in any silly nutrient deficit. But that's relatively easy - loads and loads of green veg (spinach, cale, cabbage, broccoli, pak choi), loads of bone broths (last night we had a veg-heavy egg-drop soup with the broth I made after killing our christmas goose), plenty of steak and salads etc.

Problem will be eating out and being sociable. You don't win friends with salad and lots of places you'd go with your mates serve up the poison we were talking about above. So it's hard. But the weight will fall off a cliff and life is just easier all round when you're the correct weight.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Can complex subjects be reduced to twitter for the cheap seats to understand without having to engage or tax our tiny little minds?
FTFY

Video is great btw - it's by a not-Scouse actual scientist who explains it all in a way that you really don't want to know about - because it would mean that you have to ditch your attitude to obesity and the obese unfortunately.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
On this:

Over the past couple of years I've put on a stone a year, despite a lot of multi full-day exercise binges (walk up a mountain saturday, out on the bike all day sunday is pretty much our default).

Our problem is alcohol, not fructose. We party too much most weekends with friends (don't drink in the week). We eat nothing but wholesome mainly home-cooked foods exclusively from the "actual food" bit above but add in ten or twenty pints of beer of a weekend then the calories straight to fat equation doesn't work.

I've just done a 48 hour water fast to help kick me into ketosis. Next time alcohol will pass my lips will be April most likely. Ultra low carbs (including cutting out the good ones from below-ground veggies) - means my body will be turning to my fat stores for energy. When it can't burn glucose, it burns fat by way of ketone bodies. Weight will drop off - and the good thing is I'll be naturally restricting calories because I won't be hungry at all. No craving.

In fact, the thing I'll need to do is focus on nutrition - making sure I'm getting enough good food to ensure I'm not in any silly nutrient deficit. But that's relatively easy - loads and loads of green veg (spinach, cale, cabbage, broccoli, pak choi), loads of bone broths (last night we had a veg-heavy egg-drop soup with the broth I made after killing our christmas goose), plenty of steak and salads etc.

Problem will be eating out and being sociable. You don't win friends with salad and lots of places you'd go with your mates serve up the poison we were talking about above. So it's hard. But the weight will fall off a cliff and life is just easier all round when you're the correct weight.

Hi.

I don't do any of that. I only drink Pepsi, Lager and Energy Drinks, and last night I demolished a "sharer" from the Chinese all to myself (Salt, Pepper and Chilli Ribs, Chicken, Chips, Rice etc). Never mind double carbs, I quadruple carbed that mofo.

It's showing its effects though as I've put on half a stone.

Since 2007.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean, anecdotal single-person stats are clearly population representative, but how much do you weigh and what's your height @Bodhi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom