SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Other than a little bit of bemusement around someone sitting in the reception room of their Montecito complaining about how harsh life has been, I've tried not to pay too much attention to the Harry and Meghan thing. He's a minor Royal, and she's the irritating actress from Suits, so meh.

However the whole killing 25 Afghans thing? Seriously? Ignoring the fact that most vets won't discuss such things, does he not think that might make him a target for any Taliban sympathisers in the Santa Barbara area?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
25 Taliban from an Apache gunship helicopter ? Did he run out of 20p coins ?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Let's not forget which family the Army are best mates with.

This whole 'soldiers don't talk/write about it' is bollocks, lots of soldiers have and nobody has said shit.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Let's not forget which family the Army are best mates with.

This whole 'soldiers don't talk/write about it' is bollocks, lots of soldiers have and nobody has said shit.

No one said they don't, it's still a shit thing to do. I learned that much decades ago, my grandfather spent his 18th birthday in a Malaysian jungle. I asked him if he'd ever killed anyone, he didn't speak to me for a few weeks after that. Some soldiers show a bit more respect to those they've killed, others brag about it because they think it makes their character stronger in some way. I think it's a petty thing to do.

Harry just seems to be throwing everything at the wall right now and is seeing what sticks.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
No one said they don't, it's still a shit thing to do. I learned that much decades ago, my grandfather spent his 18th birthday in a Malaysian jungle. I asked him if he'd ever killed anyone, he didn't speak to me for a few weeks after that. Some soldiers show a bit more respect to those they've killed, others brag about it because they think it makes their character stronger in some way. I think it's a petty thing to do.

Harry just seems to be throwing everything at the wall right now and is seeing what sticks.

All the yanks I work with never talk about it. They love talking about the dumb stuff that happened during Desert Storm, KFOR, Iraqi Freedom and whatever else the ops were called.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone watched / watching "Happy Valley" ? BBC police thing. 13 episodes on iPlayer. About to settle down and watch it

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone watched / watching "Happy Valley" ? BBC police thing. 13 episodes on iPlayer. About to settle down and watch it
Wife said it was OK. For some reason, I thought it was a 10+ series thing. Will make a start at some point.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Free speech yes?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
As far as I'm concerned the cunt who writes that wings over scotland blog shite can die in a hole because he still blames the liverpool fans for Hillsborough.

He's a detestable piece of shit.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone good with electrics. I mean good.
I've found a ceiling light in the garage which the Mrs would love to be converted to a table lamp

The cabling in the ceiling light has 2 earths. I'm tempted to just take it to an electrician or take her shopping and she can go pick out a lamp designed to be plugged in. I'm NOT an electrician and don't fancy getting electrocuted or starting a fire. It really is a lovely light fitting....but honestly I'm not 100% sure on the wiring.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not sure on the 2 earths, might be something to do with it being semi-outside (garages can get damp) but a normal light bulb fitting is exactly the same as what you would get in a table lamp, just with a cable switch and a plug on the end, as opposed to being hard-wired.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I phoned an electrician up and sent him pics of the light. He said its definitely not safe to try to wire this up for a 3 pin socket. Glad I didn't try lol

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
See? This is what happens when you take a day off work, go into the garage for stuff to do having watched 10 hours of Adam Savage videos.
Gonna find a youtube channel about sitting on the sofa eating pringles....

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I need to clear my Amazon basket before I do something stupid
Pliers, nail gun, wood glue, a table saw (wtf ffs !), pressure guage..... :eek:
Bloody Adam Savage's channel lol

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I need to clear my Amazon basket before I do something stupid
Pliers, nail gun, wood glue, a table saw (wtf ffs !), pressure guage..... :eek:
Bloody Adam Savage's channel lol

Just don't add a paint sprayer. We got one - a decent Bosch one as well - used it once and it's now on the shelf of shame in the shed.

We managed to get paint in rooms we weren't even spraying - including some in the frying pan in the kitchen.

Now we use a brush and roller.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
So I was super bored and decided to make a little Lego table for a small lamp over a router
Big 51 year-old kid :rolleyes:

unnamed.jpg

Yes, I know there's cobwebs on the lamp. The cobwebs scare the cockroaches away,

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Got up early to make a roast chicken. The gravy is incredible. Sent my friend the recipe for my roast chicken gravy. I didn't intend it to sound all Sid James, but I wrote

"... smother your bird in butter and remember to smear plenty around the legs. It's a good idea to put a knob inside the cavity and for added flavour and moisture stick a partially quartered lemon in too."

😏

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Got up early to make a roast chicken. The gravy is incredible. Sent my friend the recipe for my roast chicken gravy. I didn't intend it to sound all Sid James, but I wrote

"... smother your bird in butter and remember to smear plenty around the legs. It's a good idea to put a knob inside the cavity and for added flavour and moisture stick a partially quartered lemon in too."

😏
*ziiiiiiiiiiiiiiip*

Ormorof

FH is my second home

😏

Fifty Shades of Gravy

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom