SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think Microsoft and Sony have won the streaming war already.
I think you are right, Game Pass Ultimate is just mental, play on XBOX, PC or stream. Loads of games but cannot comment on Sony's offering.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I think you are right, Game Pass Ultimate is just mental, play on XBOX, PC or stream. Loads of games but cannot comment on Sony's offering.
I had Stadia and really liked the idea, and the 4k streaming was seamless 99% of the time, but it was obvious from the get go they weren't getting Devs interested in porting, and no games means no users. I now have one of the cheap Xboxes and a game pass ultimate sub and can't imagine ever needing more for casual gaming - so much on game pass to play and they keep adding more. Also can't comment on Sony but I've heard good things about their new service.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I had Stadia and really liked the idea, and the 4k streaming was seamless 99% of the time, but it was obvious from the get go they weren't getting Devs interested in porting, and no games means no users. I now have one of the cheap Xboxes and a game pass ultimate sub and can't imagine ever needing more for casual gaming - so much on game pass to play and they keep adding more. Also can't comment on Sony but I've heard good things about their new service.
Once you have Game Pass Ultimate you won't look back. So many games it is overwhelming. Haven't paid out for a game in years now.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I read somewhere Google will be (or has) released something called Manifest v3 which is killing ad blockers and trackers...

I'm surprised that they don't just say no ad blockers on chrome anyway...

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think that's coming. It's also the day I return to Firefox.

I don't mind static banners you can click on - but modern internet advertising is cancer. Fuck that.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
They'll only support ads that follow their own guidelines. It's still awful. I'll be reading something on my phone and then I'll get a whole page advert I can't click out of. The BBC website is particularly frustrating for that.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I think that's coming. It's also the day I return to Firefox.

I don't mind static banners you can click on - but modern internet advertising is cancer. Fuck that.
I do not have Chrome installed anywhere at home and we are working to remove it completely from work due to the weekly security issues. Chrome is like MS Access and needs to die. Not sure how I feel about Chromium.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I do not have Chrome installed anywhere at home and we are working to remove it completely from work due to the weekly security issues. Chrome is like MS Access and needs to die. Not sure how I feel about Chromium.

Honestly, I'm so much of a sheep that I don't even pay attention - I remember swapping from Firefox to Chrome because Chrome was less intensive... Which doesn't seem to be the case these days...

I guess the integration with google accounts and stuff is also pretty nice, but I'd imagine it's where the security issues pop up.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Honestly, I'm so much of a sheep that I don't even pay attention - I remember swapping from Firefox to Chrome because Chrome was less intensive... Which doesn't seem to be the case these days...
FireFox is so much better. You will not be disappointed. Make the switch.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
They'll only support ads that follow their own guidelines. It's still awful. I'll be reading something on my phone and then I'll get a whole page advert I can't click out of. The BBC website is particularly frustrating for that.

Any website that, when I'm reading, has a huge "sign up with your email for alerts" box appear that can't be dismissed by clicking anywhere gets closed, instantly. I don't care how important the content is. And I hope the website people log it.

It's like when you walk into a shop and 2 seconds later someone descends on you, "can I help you?" Jesus, go away, just let me look at your shit first.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Any website that, when I'm reading, has a huge "sign up with your email for alerts" box appear that can't be dismissed by clicking anywhere gets closed, instantly. I don't care how important the content is. And I hope the website people log it.

It's like when you walk into a shop and 2 seconds later someone descends on you, "can I help you?" Jesus, go away, just let me look at your shit first.

I use umatrix on top of ublock and ghostery - sure, some websites get broken by umatrix, but i'd rather spend an extra few seconds to fix whatever url needs to load for the website to work, rather than have my browser load all the shit and report back my data.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
abvYGEX_460s.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Burger king for tea.

And more importantly, 20x chilli cheese bites, all to myself.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
If you could scale up a single planck volume (about 4000 x 10 ⁻¹⁰⁵ m³) to the size of a penny, to give you an idea of how small that planck volume is, by comparison, the penny would be 800 times as large as the entire observable universe (compared to the original size of the penny).

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
My Forge of Empires guild are simply not interested in scientific facts. Talk about physics, extremes of temperature, the size of things, anything educational: silence. Mention a dog's asshole and I get 10 replies ("Way to go!", "Yay, dog's butts !", "I stuck pen up my dogs butt once. He didn't like it" etc). I do play on a US server....

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
If you could scale up a single planck volume (about 4000 x 10 ⁻¹⁰⁵ m³) to the size of a penny, to give you an idea of how small that planck volume is, by comparison, the penny would be 800 times as large as the entire observable universe (compared to the original size of the penny).
"Fun" fact. Any mass that can fit inside a planck volume is so dense it will instantly turn into a blackhole. But because of Hawking Radiation which says the smaller a blackhole the faster it evaporates (turns into thermal radiation), your planck size blackhole will then instantly evaporate. It's part of the reason the planck scale is the smallest any physical object can be in our universe.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

So, she'd have been between 13 and 15 at the start of the war and as a teenager subject to all the nazi propaganda.

Is this sort of shit really worth it?
"A former secretary who worked for the commander of a Nazi concentration camp has been convicted of complicity in the murders of more than 10,505 people."

....she was 20 at the end of the war, ie, when she was forced to stop being involved in the deaths of millions. 16/17 when starting work at the death camp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom