SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Can't say I disagree, no matter how amusing Twitter can be at times.

Clearly we had it right in the early days of the internet with forums like this - room for longer discussion and they were a bit challenging so kept the plebs out. Sadly don't think we can go back to those days.

forums like this are sadly few and far between now :/ people want instant gratification now hence tiktok and shite like that being so popular.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Ignoring the massive satire in the article I posted, Twitter has actually been a lot better recently. The far right had already fucked off the Parler, but now the far left and people who think the Byline Times was a reputable source of news are moving to Mastadon (whatever that is) so it's become remarkably centrist on my feed anyway.

Centrism is the new edgieness it would appear.

Mastodon appears to be mIRC with some polish, which is interesting

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
forums like this are sadly few and far between now :/ people want instant gratification now hence tiktok and shite like that being so popular.

There's a car related one I spend a lot of time on that's equally rewarding, and I guess mumsnet if you're that way inclined. The closest in the social media world is Reddit, which I've struggled to get into.

But yes, otherwise it's a case of "you mean I have to come up with entire arguments rather than one liners?".

Musk did say he was buying Twitter to save humanity, maybe his way of doing that is to kill it off.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
There's a car related one I spend a lot of time on that's equally rewarding, and I guess mumsnet if you're that way inclined. The closest in the social media world is Reddit, which I've struggled to get into.

But yes, otherwise it's a case of "you mean I have to come up with entire arguments rather than one liners?".

Musk did say he was buying Twitter to save humanity, maybe his way of doing that is to kill it off.

I legitimately think he's doing it on purpose. The success he's had over the years, he's not a stupid bloke and being a meme lord he knows what pisses off both the left and right which is I why I firmly think he's doing it on purpose - whats 44billion when you're sitting on Tesla and Space X, Space X alone could net him trillions if/when they start landing on asteroids for mining purposes etc.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I really don't think it's on purpose. He's just not that clever. He got a fortune from emerald mines. It's not that hard to make money when you have money. That's just how society works unfortunately.

His tweets just come off like a dumb, arrogant shit. It's probably not an act.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I really don't think it's on purpose. He's just not that clever. He got a fortune from emerald mines. It's not that hard to make money when you have money. That's just how society works unfortunately.

His tweets just come off like a dumb, arrogant shit. It's probably not an act.

No he definitely is clever, just not necessarily in the ways people think (the way he structured his ownership of Tesla is genius for instance). Problem is he thinks he's Thomas Edison when he's rather more Jordan Belfort.

Unfortunately he's also a total egotist combined with Asperger's, and now, more money than God, which gives him that very dangerous "I'm so clever I can fix anything" energy, without the ability to take the "no you can't" feedback.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No he definitely is clever, just not necessarily in the ways people think (the way he structured his ownership of Tesla is genius for instance). Problem is he thinks he's Thomas Edison when he's rather more Jordan Belfort.

Unfortunately he's also a total egotist combined with Asperger's, and now, more money than God, which gives him that very dangerous "I'm so clever I can fix anything" energy, without the ability to take the "no you can't" feedback.

Well Tesla FSD is a perfect example of that.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
'restore trust in politics'

Do people have a 'trust' issue when it comes with the House of Lords? I don't think it's at the top of anyone's political agenda?

Honestly, I don't mind the unelected part of a largely powerless body, I just think it needs to become more of a technocratic part of our governing system.

Doesn't France have something similar?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Most modern parliaments have gotten rid of the second chamber, what purpose does it actually serve if other checks and balances are in place and work well?

Embattle

FH is my second home
It is a pointless waste of money as it is and would be another pointless waste of money if it was converted into another electable camber.

Gwadien

I mean if we're on about saving money, surely the monarchy part is way more expensive, no?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
A friend of ours wanted to get rid of adverts on her phone. Soooooo .... she thought she'd try rooting it :eek6:
"My phone won't turn on. Its completely unresponsive". Well done, you've bricked it :twak:
Please don't cry down the phone (land line)....KK...on my way.
Dragged my ass half way across town in filthy weather. Put phone in recovery. Got it working
How did you do that ?
Yes you've lost all your data
Yes, yes. I'm a star.
Now get your knickers off (I didn't say that)
Please don't try that again, mkay ? Look - settings / VPN / private vpn / dns.adguard.com
No. More. Ads.
Yes, yes. I'm a star.
Now get your knickers off (I didn't say that)
What an afternoon....

Tom

I am a FH squatter
It never ceases to amaze me that Jones is younger than me, but looks like he's 60.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bringin' his missus round for a gander.

House-hunting blue-tit style :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I'm annoyed the camera is focussed too far away, but I daren't adjust it now. They won't be far away, and if they see me fiddling, they mightn't come back.

Gwadien

I'm annoyed the camera is focussed too far away, but I daren't adjust it now. They won't be far away, and if they see me fiddling, they mightn't come back.

It's fine Tom, stop being a nob.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Any sparky type people around? Shower has died on its arse so need a new one, pretty sure it says it is 8.5kw ? Does that sound right?

PC is only 600w - How can a shower be 8500w? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick somehow?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Any sparky type people around? Shower has died on its arse so need a new one, pretty sure it says it is 8.5kw ? Does that sound right?

PC is only 600w - How can a shower be 8500w? Or have I got the wrong end of the stick somehow?
That sounds about right. Shower has to heat the water on the fly. Big burn on 'leccy.

Embattle

FH is my second home

Yes and they go higher than that as well, as Scouse says they have to heat water fast on the fly.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's fucking mental. Flannel and a sink time! *wife won't agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom