SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This. But facing facts: record levels of deforestation were happening under this cunt long before Bolsonaro accelerated it.

To be fair, international pressure over deforestation isn't at the same levels that it is today (well, probably pre-covid/global economies crashing etc).

I suspect it's going to be a pretty impossible thing to police really, but having a President that is anti rather than pro should have some effect.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That doesn't tally with this...
It does. Read my sentence again m8 - I said record levels of deforestation were happening under leftie cunt (they were) but bolsonaro accelerated it (he did).

Leftie cunt did the 4-minute deforestation mile like he was Roger Bannister - but he was replaced with Bolsonaro's Linford Christie.

That doesn't make Bannister a slow runner...

:)

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Lula inherited a worsening situation and improved it massively, it's mad to me that you can look at those charts and criticise the guy who reduced the area lost to deforestation per year by 75% over his term. It's just being contrarian for the sake of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Lula inherited a worsening situation and improved it massively, it's mad to me that you can look at those charts and criticise the guy who reduced the area lost to deforestation per year by 75% over his term. It's just being contrarian for the sake of it.
It needs reversing, not slowing.

I've said I think it's positive environmentally speaking. however, for clarity, the projections, whilst looking incredibly positive on the surface, actually still show a massive and ongoing problem.

All it is is "less incredibly shit" but still "incredibly shit".

That graph (and similar for all countries - but especially so for brazil) needs to go below the zero line.

(And really, needed to be there 20 years ago).

Edit: I'm at zero tolerance on the environment now. The rainforest is irreplaceable - so if you can't immediately halt it, and further start replanting (what would be a significantly lower-quality forest) then you're just a less-bad-cunt.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
In fairness though, if they start regrowing the Amazon we can cut it down, ship it over here and burn it in Drax and claim it's renewable.

Those targets won't hit themselves now will they?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In fairness though, if they start regrowing the Amazon we can cut it down, ship it over here and burn it in Drax and claim it's renewable.

Those targets won't hit themselves now will they?
We should be closing down Drax tbh. Tories allowing blatant fudging of numbers in plain sight.

We'd be way better off burning coal in Drax than cutting down forests and burning them. There's no place for a power plant like that in the modern world.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
We should be closing down Drax tbh. Tories allowing blatant fudging of numbers in plain sight.

We'd be way better off burning coal in Drax than cutting down forests and burning them. There's no place for a power plant like that in the modern world.

Ignoring the fact that we've finally agreed on something in energy policy!

The Wood Pellet experiemnt started in 2009 when the other lot were in charge - whilst we can blame individual parties for stuff, this isn't part of it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Private companies are allowed to experiment.

They didn't decide to convert to biomass until the Tories had been in power for a couple of years - and in the subsequent decade the Tories have been in charge of policy, and it's now clear and irrefutable that biomass is a bullshit greenwash exercise - and still policy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
My god its funny whats happening with Twitter right now... all the blue check mark nutters crying because Elon is planning on making them pay $20 a month for it lol.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Young people are illiberal facists who believe the world should be how they were taught it should be, have learned that lesson very well - and 60% of them believe a strong leader who doesn't have to bother with parliament or elections is a good way to run a country.

This is why free speech needs to be maintained. This lot of twats want to cancel anyone who doesn't think like them and would readily bow to an authoritarian.

Discuss? :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Young people are illiberal facists who believe the world should be how they were taught it should be, have learned that lesson very well - and 60% of them believe a strong leader who doesn't have to bother with parliament or elections is a good way to run a country.

This is why free speech needs to be maintained. This lot of twats want to cancel anyone who doesn't think like them and would readily bow to an authoritarian.

Is the youth of today really anakin skywalker? Are they also banging Natalie Portman?

Gwadien

I think that's probably more reflective of having the Tories in for 12 years, and they're way more educated (read brainwashed, Bodhi) about climate change so whilst we've been fucking around with Brexit and general Toryism, the youth feel ignored, but hopefully will encourage them to be interested in politics.

Plus a benevolent temporary dictator is the best idea ever.

Just doesnt work in reality ;)

I mean - good discussion point, if we lived in a perfect world where such things would be possible wouldn't you want a dictator who would say put the environment/climate change at the top of their to do list?

Does democracy trump the environment?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think that's probably more reflective of having the Tories in for 12 years
Absolutely not. I think of this as a shared thing on both sides of the political equation. Labour are definitely guilty in a big way of making what people say and think illegal - and that is fundamentally the issue here.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
They have not been in power for 12 years how are they enacting these laws that make it illegal to say and think things?

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Free speech is also abused to propogate lies that make people think their democratically elected leaders are illegitimate and therefore they should dismantle democracy.

Discuss.

Gwadien

Absolutely not. I think of this as a shared thing on both sides of the political equation. Labour are definitely guilty in a big way of making what people say and think illegal - and that is fundamentally the issue here.

You really think that the youths care about what Labour think?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Free speech is also abused
Free speech can't be abused.

It can, of course, be used to tell lies. But it can also be used to tell the truth. - neither is an abuse, just a use.

Once you start defining what is allowable - that process can and has been abused throughout history by bad people to fuck people up.

Live by enlightenment principles, or die slaves.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You really think that the youths care about what Labour think?
No. But they've grown up in a world where they've been both taught and led by example that certain ideas are prohibited, and anyone who thinks them needs to be cancelled. Labour helped lay those foundations.

Both sides of the political coin are guilty.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Top Bottom