SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
If it was just a funeral then I would have a big problem with it. But it's not just a funeral.

It's an event - that comes at a cost (a big cost - like I said, potentially lives) designed not only to provide an outlet for the family but primarily to cement their position in the public mind. They have private ceremonies which are the real funeral.

The public one is fair game.
But for many in the public who relate to the monarchy (their choice) it is their funeral / mourning rituals etc.

Not that I'd ban people holding blank signs myself.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
If it was just a funeral then I would have a big problem with it. But it's not just a funeral.

It's an event - that comes at a cost (a big cost - like I said, potentially lives) designed not only to provide an outlet for the family but primarily to cement their position in the public mind. They have private ceremonies which are the real funeral.

The public one is fair game. And yes, people should be free to disagree with my point of view on this. And you know what - unlike the sizeable minority who feel the other way, they are.

£10m isn't a big cost.

Besides, I'd wager that £10m cost is for the crazy amount of security, which protects the public, not for the Royals.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

The public one is fair game. And yes, people should be free to disagree with my point of view on this. And you know what - unlike the sizeable minority who feel the other way, they are.
The public want to show their respect at her funeral which is fair as well so there is always going to be a monetary cost due to the sheer number of people showing up.

Look at little Olivia's funeral today:

1663250954550.png

That is not just her family, that's the public showing their respect. As for lives lost, that is down to the local NHS Trusts/GPs and is not official guidance from the Government. Emergency services, A&E etc are still operating.

Embattle

FH is my second home
No doubt the queue will need blocking late Sunday so they are ready on Monday.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the problem is that it's impossible to disconnect the concept of monarchy and the concept of the monarchy paying taxes like 'everyone else'.

What would we do with the land being sold off by royalty due to being heavily taxed? Because we've already gone through an era of much of the aristocracy selling off their land, and it rarely ever benefits the people, just replacing old money with new money.

I actually think it should all become national parks, where people can do as they please (within the law) like the US, up to and including hiking, camping and watersports *snark*

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm not arsed about the money. And I take your point about public mourning - I'm not an idiot. That's a given. But it's not just about public mourning. So it's fair game.

As for lives lost, that is down to the local NHS Trusts/GPs and is not official guidance from the Government. Emergency services, A&E etc are still operating.
We'll disregard the fact that you're disregarding the fact that it's likely to cost lives. Even if it's a single life - that's a life lost just because someone else died. How is that family supposed to feel? Shall we have a bank holiday for them?

How about the sly privitisation stuff? Specsavers, for example, do scans of the iris that can find out a wealth of underlying and sometimes critical health problems and a direct referal to NHS comes from them. Someone in the village is getting really bad headaches - has had her appointment cancelled. Nothing for another month. (There are 2000 branches of specsavers.)

The girl who got shot - that's the public voluntarily showing their respect. There's not a mandated day off and nobody is getting their cancer scan cancelled because she got shot.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm not arsed about the money. And I take your point about public mourning - I'm not an idiot. That's a given. But it's not just about public mourning. So fair game.

We'll disregard the fact that you're disregarding the fact that it's likely to cost lives. Even if it's a single life - that's a life lost just because someone else died.

How about the sly privitisation stuff? Specsavers, for example, do scans of the iris that can find out a wealth of underlying and sometimes critical health problems and a direct referal to NHS comes from them. Someone in the village is getting really bad headaches - has had her appointment cancelled. Nothing for another month.

The girl who got shot - that's the public voluntarily showing their respect. There's not a mandated day off and nobody is getting their cancer scan cancelled because she got shot.
You just don't get it due to your hatred towards the Monarchy. It is NOT law that things shutdown, it is down to the bosses of NHS Trusts, GPs and companies. Vent your anger at them or go shout in a mirror if it helps. I didn't disregard that lives maybe lost but that is not the fault of a monarch dying but bosses who made the decision to close or cancel appointments. Bank Holidays are not a right to time off unless written into your employment contract.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why don't they pay their own fucking funeral costs?

They don't pay inheritance tax, income tax is paid only on a strictly voluntary basis (and only since 1993), they take huge wadges of cash every time we auction something off, they get first sight of any proposed laws that could potentially affect their finances - before even places like Holyrood get sight of them - and veto or have exemptions inserted if it could affect their financial position. (And they've done exactly that over 1000 times).

So well done America - for pointing out that they're a bunch of sponging fucking leeches - especially at a time when people are talking about turning off their fridges because energy is expensive.

Pay your fucking own funeral expenses you cunts.
Why are you so bothered about inheritance tax when you don't think people should reproduce?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just watch this video of what people who loved the Queen think of the Queen.
FTFY m8.

How about this graph of what people actually think of the monarchy:

1663253511770.png

I mean, I get it, you're in the majority. And that's fine. But there is a significant minority who would like it very different.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
FTFY m8.

How about this graph of what people actually think of the monarchy:

View attachment 46908

I mean, I get it, you're in the majority. And that's fine. But there is a significant minority who would like it very different.
The majority get to choose what they want for the UK and indeed other countries around the world. If they want to become Republic then let them choose. There are lots of people in the UK and around the world born with a silver spoon in their mouth, why not vent your anger at them as well?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The majority get to choose what they want for the UK and indeed other countries around the world. If they want to become Republic then let them choose.
I don't have a problem with that at all Deebs. I'm all for more and enhanced democracy. 100% on the same page with you.

Part of that is disagreeing with what the majority want. In the 50's the majority really hated the gays - and that is, rightly, now seen as anachronistic. I think (and if you look at the demographics in that graph, there's plenty of evidence for this opinion) that the Monarchy is going down that road too. They're expired, they're old, it's a wanky institution who's time is nearly up.

There are lots of people in the UK and around the world born with a silver spoon in their mouth, why not vent your anger at them as well?
I do?

Right now - it's time to look critically at the bullshit foisted upon the UK by unelected heads of state who aren't accountable to the same laws as the rest of us.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Moving from FPTP to PR would do a lot more for democracy than abolishing the monarchy imo.

(Again, not a supporter of the monarchy really. It makes no sense but bigger fish to fry afaic)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I don't have a problem with that at all Deebs. I'm all for more and enhanced democracy. 100% on the same page with you.

Part of that is disagreeing with what the majority want. In the 50's the majority really hated the gays - and that is, rightly, now seen as anachronistic. I think (and if you look at the demographics in that graph, there's plenty of evidence for this opinion) that the Monarchy is going down that road too. They're expired, they're old, it's a wanky institution who's time is nearly up.

I do?

Right now - it's time to look critically at the bullshit foisted upon the UK by unelected heads of state who aren't accountable to the same laws as the rest of us.
Who is foisting this bullshit upon the UK? Everything is guidance but they don't have to follow it as it is not law.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Why are you so bothered about inheritance tax when you don't think people should reproduce?

It wouldn't be Scouse if he didn't complain about others not paying tax.

Ironically the lowest age bracket in the chart is also the one that not only tends to flip flops but more importantly they are also the least likely to vote.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The queen carking it will be the biggest boost to support of the monarchy in decades. People who couldn't give a fuck are suddenly remembering stuff. She has been the only constant in an ever more mental world.

Incidently, she flew over my sister's house, out towards Althorpe way, I wonder if it was deliberate?

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography

Whose the dick? The man just lost his mum…. It doesn’t matter whether he is the King or not he is bereaved…..The guy that fillmed and then released this is a complete cockbadger….. when my dad died I could bearly breath let alone do anything functional… I do not understand some of you …. It is not funny to see someone struggling due to loss, it really isn’t…

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm PAYE like the rest of you plebs. Have always paid all my tax.

Unlike Charlie. Who's exempt.
Exempt but does pay income tax.

King Charles III, when he was Prince of Wales, voluntarily paid a sum equivalent to income tax on that part of his income from the Duchy of Cornwall that was in excess of what was needed to meet official expenditure.[35] From 1969 he made voluntary tax payments of 50% of the profits, but this reduced to 25% in 1981 when he married Lady Diana Spencer.[54] These arrangements were replaced by the memorandum in 1993. The income of the Prince of Wales from sources other than the Duchy of Cornwall is subject to tax in the normal way.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Whose the dick? The man just lost his mum…. It doesn’t matter whether he is the King or not he is bereaved…..The guy that fillmed and then released this is a complete cockbadger….. when my dad died I could bearly breath let alone do anything functional… I do not understand some of you …. It is not funny to see someone struggling due to loss, it really isn’t…
If I was going through that when my Mum died I would have used swear words. It was hard enough for me in private mourning, but being watched by millions around the world to me that shows restraint.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Exempt but does pay income tax.
We've already covered it Deebs. He voluntarily pays a bit of tax, on a small portion of his income. But he's not legally obliged to like the rest of us on ALL our income (including capital gains and inheritence).

Why is that? Potentially because it looks good to people who don't really want to dig into the actual facts? (Or remember them when they're presented on a plate).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We've already covered it Deebs. He voluntarily pays a bit of tax, on a small portion of his income. But he's not legally obliged to like the rest of us on ALL our income (including capital gains and inheritence).

Why is that? Potentially because it looks good to people who don't really want to dig into the actual facts? (Or remember them when they're presented on a plate).
It is due to a law about diminishing the wealth of the Monarch (not Royal Family). He pays income tax, ALL the other Royals are legally required to pay tax on all their income, they are treated no differently from us.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is due to a law about diminishing the wealth of the Monarch (not Royal Family). He pays income tax, ALL the other Royals are legally required to pay tax on all their income, they are treated no differently from us.
@Scouse you disagree, only the Monarch and their spouse are exempt IF the estate is left to the next Monarch.

Please drop the hatred and read the following

There is NO law exempting other Royal Family members from all of the taxes we are subject to unless you know better and can show evidence of the law?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Why? It's the most life this forum's had in ages. Even our lord and master (who I fully bow down to) is posting :)

Thank you my loyal citizen.

You can call me King Deebs the First of FreddysHouse.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
from your article said:
If plans were in place for all of Prince Philip’s estate to be handed to the Queen, the Queen could be exempt from paying Inheritance Tax on the Duke of Edinburgh’s private wealth under a legal clause which was agreed by former Conservative Prime Minister, John Major, in 1993. The clause was created to allow inheritance to pass from “sovereign to sovereign” or the consort of a sovereign to a reigning monarch. This was also applied to the Queen Mother’s estate, despite her not being the sovereign or ever having been, ultimately protecting the Queen from being handed an Inheritance Tax bill in the region of £20 million.

...awkward...

And regardless - is that not enough? Theoretically, even if I agreed with you (I don't), nobody should be exempt.

Nor should they have this power - which has been used to vet 1000 laws before they come to parliament - so when they do come before the house, the monarchy is already exempted / protected. (Although, because of secrecy laws protecting them, that we don't benefit from, it's really hard to investigate).

Nor should they have all of the other powers they do. If they have to exist then they should be completely titular only - they should be subject to identical laws to everyone.

But they're not. No amount of squirming or "what about this" makes that true.

Edit: Your Grace :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
...awkward...

And regardless - is that not enough? Theoretically, even if I agreed with you (I don't), nobody should be exempt.

Nor should they have this power to - which has been used to vet 1000 laws before they come to parliament - so when they do come before the house, the monarchy is already exempted / protected.

Nor should they have all of the other powers they do. If they have to exist then they should be completely titular only - they should be subject to identical laws to everyone.

But they're not. No amount of squirming or "what about this" makes that true.
Firstly the Queen was the Monarch when the Queen Mother died so is exempt. Law. Fact.

Secondly Princess Diana died, a Royal Family member, paid inheritance tax. Fact that other members of the Royal Family follow the same tax laws as us. Simples.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom