SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Here's a discussion about what is legal, vs what is right.

Being gay used to be a crime Blood. If the Tories re-introduced that as a criminal offence - would you be OK with it?

Now, lets have an adult conversation about what is right. Because you've plainly admitted that they've criminalised free speech - because calling for the dissolution of the monarchy is as old as the monarchy itself, and a time-honoured British tradition.

I didn't say it was right or wrong, I'm simply showing the power they have to enforce these new laws.

Bottom line is, if its deemed possibly offensive, they can pretty much arrest who they want.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Not sure what the gutless facepalms are about. Either of you care to explain?

Is it really the time for this? No its not.
Whatever your monarchy feelings are its probably not the ideal time. Best you do that at a later date

Have some respect for someone who has died

Last edited:

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It's no surprise that some don't think that a death of someone is of any worth really.
They are essentially just a person who has a family and friends etc.

It's not like they were Pol Pot or anything like that.

There is a time and place for everything

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It's no surprise that some don't think that a death of someone is of any worth really.

It's not like they were Pol Pot or anything like that.

There is a time and place for everything

"This is not the time" has been an convenient excuse to do nothing for governments for decades

Go look at covid thread its full of the same sentiment (from the same people) about investigating government fuck ups

This is not the time == its never the time

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"This is not the time" has been an convenient excuse to do nothing for governments for decades

Go look at covid thread its full of the same sentiment (from the same people) about investigating government fuck ups

This is not the time == its never the time

Yes, but I am sure people can wait 5 minutes without making sure everyone knows how they feel about things.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What's next though? Nurses are right to be arrested when they protest their shit treatment because the NHS is in a bad place?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No. No they're not.

The procession. The day off. The cancelling of medical procedures. It's quite possible (if not even probable) that deaths will be caused because of the last minute rearranging of nearly 70 million lives because of the pagentry surrounding the death of one woman.

If they were a normal family then nobody would be protesting. But the pomp is them asserting their divine right to rule over us and them telling us how we are mandated to feel.

FUCK THAT. It's exactly the right time to protest the monarchy. They shouldn't get a free pass because a few of them are feeling a bit vulnerable. They're clearly not feeling vulnerable enough to have a quiet funeral (and they're certainly not having to deal with the sort of shit that everybody else in the country has to deal with when a family member passes away - like paying inheritence tax).

You can still feel for them as a human - but the bigger issue is the existence of the monarchy. And that's what people were protesting - the monarchy. "Not our king" isn't "glad you're dead bitch" - and neither are blank pieces of paper or criticising a suspected paedophile who we protected just because of who he was. (Anyone else would have been extridited, but monarchy - geddit).

So 100% the right time to protest.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
What's next though? Nurses are right to be arrested when they protest their shit treatment because the NHS is in a bad place?

Thats happening in Finland, the supreme court just ruled the ER nurses are not legally allowed to strike

Similar ruling in Denmark lead to them losing about half of all their nurses (the court case ruled the govt could force them to work for public sector if they had a valid nursing license)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lol :)

To be fair tho. As per the vid I posted in the film thread - Disney hates it's fans. ;)
Bad films are bad films though on their own merit. You don’t need to invoke the science of mermaids to make any point.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Bad films are bad films though on their own merit. You don’t need to invoke the science of mermaids to make any point.
Agree. It's bullshit. But that vid I posted makes some very good points on how they approach it from a marketing point of view.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Does that also mean you can't get upset about the race of elves + dwarves then, as they're also fictional?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Does that also mean you can't get upset about the race of elves + dwarves then, as they're also fictional?
You need to focus on the actual topic Gwadien. I'm laughing at the fact he said "scientifically speaking" for a fucking mermaid.

That's a different topic from a chinese James Bond.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why don't they pay their own fucking funeral costs?

They don't pay inheritance tax, income tax is paid only on a strictly voluntary basis (and only since 1993), they take huge wadges of cash every time we auction something off, they get first sight of any proposed laws that could potentially affect their finances - before even places like Holyrood get sight of them - and veto or have exemptions inserted if it could affect their financial position. (And they've done exactly that over 1000 times).

So well done America - for pointing out that they're a bunch of sponging fucking leeches - especially at a time when people are talking about turning off their fridges because energy is expensive.

Pay your fucking own funeral expenses you cunts.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Sometime I feel like I'm beating a dead horse....

Good lyricist that Axl bloke. Almost prophetic.

Bodhi

Also probably worth looking into the tax affairs of the Royal Family before getting on your high horse, as it's a little more complicated than you suggest. All of the income from the Crown Estate goes to the Government, and they are paid an allowance back to conduct their affairs.

So an effective 85% tax rate. Seems pretty good value for us taxpayers tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That's a fucking grant - at the UK taxpayers expense - they get to "run their household".

It's nothing to do with the income they make independent of the near £100 million we spunk at them.

Anyway. Thought you were flogging a dead horse. I guess, only up until you want to speak eh?

Bodhi

That's a fucking grant - at the UK taxpayers expense - they get to "run their household".

It's nothing to do with the income they make independent of the near £100 million we spunk at them.

Anyway. Thought you were flogging a dead horse. I guess, only up until you want to speak eh?

It's not a fucking grant when it's taken out of 85% of their income is it you dunderheaded colostomy bag? And it's not at taxpayer's expense when you give people a little bit of their money back.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I mean, read down:
The Monarch is not legally liable to pay income tax, capital gains tax or inheritance tax because the relevant enactments do not apply to the Crown. The same is true for the income from the Duchy of Cornwall which is paid to The Prince of Wales. Since 1993, The Queen and the Prince of Wales have paid tax voluntarily in the same way as everyone else does

The Queen is not liable to pay tax on the Sovereign Grant as it covers official expenditure only and, under the arrangements in the Memorandum, tax would not be due.

So, Soverign Grant - separate from private income they they don't pay tax on.

Including an exemption on Capital Gains tax - which I didn't actually know about!

So a grant, private income, no inheritance, income or capital gains tax. In addition to the statutory notice and regularly-used veto over any and all laws that can affect their financial position.

Nice :)

Bodhi

I mean, read down:

So, Soverign Grant - separate from private income they they don't pay tax on.

Including an exemption on Capital Gains tax - which I didn't actually know about!

So a grant, private income, no inheritance, income or capital gains tax. In addition to the statutory notice and regularly-used veto over any and all laws that can affect their financial position.

Nice :)

Nice pedantry yes, also nice how you missed the notes after that which suggest the Queen and Philip both paid what was due and the exemptions don't apply to the rest of the Royal Family. However 85% of the revenue the Crown Estate makes goes back to the Exchequer, which to all intents and purposes , is a tax.

It might not fit into your incredibly simplistic understanding of matters, but it is what it is.

You prolapsed arseknuckle.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still missing the point that you're only talking about income from the Crown Estate.

Not the Duchies of Cornwall, Lancaster or any PRIVATE income - which they don't have to pay tax or report on.

It's amazing that you can continue to keep having a total blind spot for the obvious - even when it's repeatedly pointed out very clearly to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom