SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
If people want to hold up signs, blank or otherwise, the police should consider reminding them that others might kick off - and that if that happens, they can rely on the police to come defend them.

But that guy at the Royal Mile in Edinburgh was asking for trouble. You don't start shouting things like that, true or not, in that situation. You're just causing trouble and ruining an event for others. Mind you, I wonder what sweaty Andy's family were thinking when that shout went out. So perhaps that protester has done us all a bit of a favour there.

BTW I think the woman who held up the "not my king" sign wasn't arrested, and was simply moved out of the way of a gate used for egress.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If people want to hold up signs, blank or otherwise, the police should consider reminding them that others might kick off - and that if that happens, they can rely on the police to come defend them.

This.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Thats simply the most absurd case where police got involved when they should have just ignored it, the guy in Oxford, also far from the funeral, was arrested then released

The knowledge that you might end up bundled into the back of a van for expressing dissent is dystopian, something we clutch pearls in horror about when it happens in Moscow or Minsk but this is fine if it happens in Oxford?

Actually, the police can and do arrest people to take them out of a place where they could cause danger to themselves and others, or they think actions might result in something happening.

One fuckwit, making sure everyone knew all about their opinion and fuck everyone elses, would have eventually been punched in the throat. Several, would have eventually descended into a riot.

Fuck the moron, tbh. Public disorder, sounds fair to me. Not for holding such opinions but for being a complete fucking muppet about it.

Edit, the funeral hasn't happened, but people are still paying their respects. Are we allowed to do anything without someone shoving a placard in our face telling them how much their opinion is wrong?

Would you be happy to stand and watch someone hurling insults at a friend's remembrance, or funeral?

Last edited:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Bodhi's brain works only in meme-length arguments.

8-bit working memory.

At least it works.

If you can't explain something in simple terms, it shows you don't really understand it.

Probably quite apt for The Guardian.

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, you folk need to stop reading the Guardian, it will rot your mind from the inside out. Tax dodging, offshore banking hypocrites that they are.

It's just as bad as all the other agenda driven shit press.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Anyway, you folk need to stop reading the Guardian, it will rot your mind from the inside out. Tax dodging, offshore banking hypocrites that they are.

It's just as bad as all the other agenda driven shit press.

Perfect for Scouse then :p

Wij

I am a FH squatter

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why would you ever want to the go to Center Parcs anyway, reminds me of some communist holiday destination.

Lad at work goes there every year with his entire family, cousins, grandparents etc, hires out a bunch of huts or whatever, loves it. He lives In Leicester and goes to the Sherwood one, so not even that far. I can see its appeal for that sort of thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

lol
Not really. That fucking sucks for some people.

Lots of stuff getting shut because a human died. Eye exams, for example - the NHS relies on places like Specsavers to do scans on eyes that could indicate serious underlying medical problems. Got a headache? Get your eyes checked out. But they've no more appointments for 3 weeks.

She's not worth it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Anyone know what this scary looking fucker is?

Attachments

• IMG20220913215132.jpg
    IMG20220913215132.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 19

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Not sure what the gutless facepalms are about. Either of you care to explain?

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not sure what the gutless facepalms are about. Either of you care to explain?

I mean... if I have this right (I'm not a law buff, I assume this is what the officer was referring too)

"Section 78 introduces the new statutory offence of causing public nuisance, abolishing the common law offence of public nuisance – see below. The principle stated in R v Rimmington & Goldstein [2006] 1 AC 459 (that it is generally preferable to use statutory offences, as opposed to a common law offence covering the same behaviour, unless there is good reason not to do so) will no longer apply.

The new statutory offence applies more broadly than just to protests, including various forms of misbehaviour in public, but the guidance here is focussed on offending behaviour during protests, demonstrations or campaigns.

The new offence applies to any relevant act or omission that occurs on or after 28 June 2022
, when the provisions in s.78 were brought into force."

He was well within is legal right to do so. As were the officers that arrested people for holding XYZ sign that people may find offensive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
He was well within is legal right to do so.
Here's a discussion about what is legal, vs what is right.

Being gay used to be a crime Blood. If the Tories re-introduced that as a criminal offence - would you be OK with it?

Now, lets have an adult conversation about what is right. Because you've plainly admitted that they've criminalised free speech - because calling for the dissolution of the monarchy is as old as the monarchy itself, and a time-honoured British tradition.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I mean... if I have this right (I'm not a law buff, I assume this is what the officer was referring too)

"Section 78 introduces the new statutory offence of causing public nuisance, abolishing the common law offence of public nuisance – see below. The principle stated in R v Rimmington & Goldstein [2006] 1 AC 459 (that it is generally preferable to use statutory offences, as opposed to a common law offence covering the same behaviour, unless there is good reason not to do so) will no longer apply.

The new statutory offence applies more broadly than just to protests, including various forms of misbehaviour in public, but the guidance here is focussed on offending behaviour during protests, demonstrations or campaigns.

The new offence applies to any relevant act or omission that occurs on or after 28 June 2022
, when the provisions in s.78 were brought into force."

He was well within is legal right to do so. As were the officers that arrested people for holding XYZ sign that people may find offensive.

My rating to his post is simply because he is doing his usual Scouse method of droning on and on until no one else can be bothered rehashing the same conversation, ironically my own post is a repetitive reply to his ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom