SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
They probably thought that was the easiest thing to do at the time, arrest them, move them away and then de-arrest them. Being shown to do something and de-escalate the situation. Nobody was hurt, nobody was mobbed. Everyone moved on.

Edit, as usual, the media are turning it into an us vs them thing, regardless of the original "thing" more labelling, division and screaming on twitter, sells papers.

I mean did you read the article?

People are going to court over it...

Gwadien

What I don't understand is that the Police do crowd control like every weekend - at football matches.

1663057842383.png

This looks like very light police presence to me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The guy the po-po dragged to the ground and ushered off in Edinburgh for shouting that Andrew was a disgrace...

...he IS a disgrace. Our money is ussd to support him. And we can't vote him out.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
What I don't understand is that the Police do crowd control like every weekend - at football matches
And every weekend they arrest all the fans that are chanting against the other side.

Oh. Wait. Just the monarchy eh?

Embattle

FH is my second home
Don't use reason to argue with @Embattle m8. His feelings define his reality.

As your hypocritical nature utterly defines yours and the majority of what you post.

And every weekend they arrest all the fans that are chanting against the other side.

Oh. Wait. Just the monarchy eh?

Well lets have a realistic comparison rather than one that suits your narrative, yes they probably would if that person happened to be in the opposing fans area chanting.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well lets have a realistic comparison rather than one that suits your narrative, yes they probably would if that person happened to be in the opposing fans area chanting.
Would they if he was holding up a blank puece of paper?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I guess it's fine when those nutters hang out at funerals for gays and soldiers with placards going on about burning in hell is fine too then.

There is a time and a place, just because some "Look at me, my opinion matters, yours doesn't" idiot wants their time in the sun, doesn't mean they should get it. It's either taking them away or watching the whole thing turn into a shit show where the public decide to act and the idiot gets mobbed. Simples.

Someone has died, that is/was important to millions and millions of people, why not hold an opinion and still allow others to show their grief in peace?

I know it's very important what opinion people have these days, everyone has to fit into a tidy little box with a label, it's easier than thinking.

This. As previously said I'm not a huge royalist, and if people think we should abolish the monarchy that's a discussion I'm more than happy to have, but there is a time and a place.

Waving a placard in front of a grieving family saying you think they are scum isn't really a free speech issue to me - it's a "don't be an insensitive cunt" issue. Whilst it's not an arrestable offence imo, it is a "remove the cunt and let people grieve" offence.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
This. As previously said I'm not a huge royalist, and if people think we should abolish the monarchy that's a discussion I'm more than happy to have, but there is a time and a place.

Waving a placard in front of a grieving family saying you think they are scum isn't really a free speech issue to me - it's a "don't be an insensitive cunt" issue. Whilst it's not an arrestable offence imo, it is a "remove the cunt and let people grieve" offence.

They were in front of parliament, where would be more appropriate to protest something political?

And it was a blank piece of paper not yelling abuse

Bodhi

They were in front of parliament, where would be more appropriate to protest something political?

And it was a blank piece of paper not yelling abuse

I was thinking of the tosser in Edinburgh yesterday. Protests away from any of the official engagements are a bit different - and yes slightly concerning from a freedom of speech angle - but protesting at the funeral corteges themselves is a bit of a dick move imo.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I love how some of you are focusing on blank paper man, even though he wasn't actually arrested.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Thats simply the most absurd case where police got involved when they should have just ignored it, the guy in Oxford, also far from the funeral, was arrested then released

The knowledge that you might end up bundled into the back of a van for expressing dissent is dystopian, something we clutch pearls in horror about when it happens in Moscow or Minsk but this is fine if it happens in Oxford?

Bodhi

Strange to see some people up in arms over this whilst cheering on people being arrested for protesting the "wrong" things - lockdowns, vaccine passports etc.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Strange to see some people up in arms over this whilst cheering on people being arrested for protesting the "wrong" things - lockdowns, vaccine passports etc.

Who was arrested for protesting these things? :) Genuinely curious, the UK went a bit nuts in the enforcement of lockdowns (especially in hindsight when not even the people that came up with the rules were following them)

But was someone arrested for standing in parliament square and protesting these things? Or for yelling out something that didnt agree with what government was pushing?

Bodhi

Who was arrested for protesting these things? :) Genuinely curious, the UK went a bit nuts in the enforcement of lockdowns (especially in hindsight when not even the people that came up with the rules were following them)

But was someone arrested for standing in parliament square and protesting these things? Or for yelling out something that didnt agree with what government was pushing?

Quite a few as it turns out.....

Gwadien

Probably got more to do with there being laws about people gathering due to the transmitting of Covid.

But you don't think Covid was a thing, so there's little point discussing it :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Then that is also wrong and just shows how long this has been going on, even before this latest shit show of anti protest legislation took effect

Bodhi

Probably got more to do with there being laws about people gathering due to the transmitting of Covid.

But you don't think Covid was a thing, so there's little point discussing it :)

You're right I don't think COVID was a thing - that's why I've had it twice and been vaccinated against it 3 times.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Bodhi

Plus, whilst I have no time for the (non) sweaty guy - he wasn't there on Royal duties, he was grieving for his mother. When someone hasn't been charged with anything - and all we know he was guilty of is associating with someone we know to be scum, and who was assoociated with a few other well known people - we should at least afford them that courtesy.

When Charles takes over properly he will fade into the background and we won't hear of him again, I'm fairly certain of that.

Again, time and a place.

Gwadien

Plus, whilst I have no time for the (non) sweaty guy - he wasn't there on Royal duties, he was grieving for his mother. When someone hasn't been charged with anything - and all we know he was guilty of is associating with someone we know to be scum, and who was assoociated with a few other well known people - we should at least afford them that courtesy.

When Charles takes over properly he will fade into the background and we won't hear of him again, I'm fairly certain of that.

Again, time and a place.

I dunno, I feel like Andrew is playing on the sympathy in order to get into the public light.

There was a clip of him and his siblings (without Charles) walking down the street greeting the public, and he was very much leading it, which seemed a bit weird & wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom