SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Spoken like a man who's never had kids. Unless you're prepared to give mothers two years off with full pay and guarantee their old role and missed pay increments....that shit ain't happening.

Most mothers of my acquaintance breast fed for as long as they could but its way more complicated than it looks; mastitis (10% of mothers), colic, (15% of babies), mothers who can't breastfeed at all, time to express (fucking ages) night feeds, etc. etc. it all has an impact, and the poorer you are, the less time you have for breastfeeding.

Besides, all the diesel particulates, lead paint and Mercury in the water has lowered everyone's IQ anyway; breastmilk barely gets a look in.
My kids would have starved tbh. Matthew couldn't appear to get anything out.

I wanted to volunteer to give em a proper sucking but I felt the midwife would have disapproved.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Spoken like a man who's never had kids. Unless you're prepared to give mothers two years off with full pay and guarantee their old role and missed pay increments....that shit ain't happening.
Hey, I don't really care if kids are thick - and I baulk at the idea of my taxes paying for two years full pay for women for what is now just a lifestyle choice. If they can't fit kids in around their work, then that's their (i.e. - "parents") problem.

But my mum managed up to 12 months with for my little brother - despite being newly widowed, two other kids and having no other source of income, before going and getting a full-time job afterwards. So I'm loathe to say "hey, it's all because it's soooooo hard".

Pulling back from me simply being mean about this - I do actually sympathise. But I stand by the PoV that much of this is cultural rather than just mastitis, physical inability to lactate and work pressure - and the availability of the "easy option" is letting loads of women who could choose the easy alternative.

And if we're talking about countrywide drop of 4 desparately-needed IQ points that's a very serious problem IMO.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Not really - you can't "catch up" on innate intelligence can you.

The UK has the lowest rate of breastfeeding mothers in Europe. Maybe that's why reams of us are so incredibly thick. 4 points on IQ is noticeable in social interactions. It's not to be sniffed at.

Health, intelligence, long-term better outcomes in life.

What should we do? Well, for me - we should ban baby formula. Simple.
Why, so all those mother's that can't produce can watch their kids die?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Hey, I don't really care if kids are thick - and I baulk at the idea of my taxes paying for two years full pay for women for what is now just a lifestyle choice. If they can't fit kids in around their work, then that's their (i.e. - "parents") problem.

But my mum managed up to 12 months with for my little brother - despite being newly widowed, two other kids and having no other source of income, before going and getting a full-time job afterwards. So I'm loathe to say "hey, it's all because it's soooooo hard".

Pulling back from me simply being mean about this - I do actually sympathise. But I stand by the PoV that much of this is cultural rather than just mastitis, physical inability to lactate and work pressure - and the availability of the "easy option" is letting loads of women who could choose the easy alternative.

And if we're talking about countrywide drop of 4 desparately-needed IQ points that's a very serious problem IMO.

Women are relentlessly pressured to breastfeed all through their pregnancy, into full on emotional blackmail. And that's just the from their medical supports; all of the social media and inevitable articles they read also sing the same tune.

Maybe it is a lifestyle choice, but that choice is "bad mother guilt", which strangely doesn't get many Instagram likes.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe it is a lifestyle choice, but that choice is "bad mother guilt", which strangely doesn't get many Instagram likes.
And instagram is clearly the arbiter of all that is right eh?

It seems to me that ultimately - people don't want to hear things that make them feel bad. Even if the bad feeling is caused by knowing you could be doing a lot better, but aren't - and people from "less advanced" societies, who don't have that choice - are doing it.

Don't get me wrong Gaff - for people who can't do it, for whatever reason, that's fair. 100% feel that sympathy. But for people who can, but don't, yeah - I've not a lot of sympathy given that it's a child we're talking about and homo sapiens existed 150,000 years before baby formula and warmable plastic bottles became a thing.

It's not a hill I'm going to die on though. I didn't have kids for lots of different reasons. But I do get sick of the "don't make us feel bad" articles, when science and other cultures show we in Blighty could be doing a lot better - and there are serious conseqences for us not doing so.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
This I'd happily spend tax dollars on though.

School meals for all (but no shit, and low-choice) - eat what you're given, good nutritious food only, all into a hall for a sit-down meal. (For one, it'd actually get nutrients into kids who's parents are knuckle-dragging retards who can't/won't feed them properly).

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
And the rich!

Unfortunately, that'd just leave the fucking middle classes :eek:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
If we kill the poor don't us middle class people become the poor?!

Can we have a in-between please?

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Have any of you lot got an experiences with Keychron keyboards? I've liked the idea of getting a Ducky for years, turns out I have a store about a 10 minute walk from me that stocks them, had a play about with them and the Keychron kbs, and kinda preferred the Keychron, and they're like half the price almost. It's making me suspicious.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Have any of you lot got an experiences with Keychron keyboards? I've liked the idea of getting a Ducky for years, turns out I have a store about a 10 minute walk from me that stocks them, had a play about with them and the Keychron kbs, and kinda preferred the Keychron, and they're like half the price almost. It's making me suspicious.

Ive heard really good things about them.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Ive heard really good things about them.
Thanks, that's one for one right now! With hindsight the shop bloke almost trying to push me down a cheaper route must say something about the quality of them like, as opposed to just trying to sell the most expensive things they have.

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.

Just because your mum had it bad, doesn't mean future moms need to. I'm all for _increased_ social protection for mothers, paid two years. It's how we fucking reproduce as a species, for fucks sake - why would we ever tamper with that process?

The benefits for the children are well known and documented - un-inhibited development, more successful adults, yadda-yadda - why fuck with that? Not enough chavs already?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'm all for _increased_ social protection for mothers, paid two years. It's how we fucking reproduce as a species, for fucks sake - why would we ever tamper with that process?
Because there's far too many fucking humans on this planet already - so we shouldn't be funding more through taxation.

If you can't afford to have kids, don't fucking have them.

I'd support your social protection suggestion for a single kid (and I support better funded education, better school meal provision etc. etc.) - but if you have more than one kid I'd support you having to give it back for being a drag on the planet.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Well there's me absolutely bricking it... my eldest just started 'big boy school' can't believe he's 11 already. Hope his first day goes well.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
My kid is 3 weeks into first year of school and he has so far lost 3 jumpers, 3 coats, and he has completely destroyed his shoes we bought a month ago

This is going to ruin me at this rate 😸

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
My kid is 3 weeks into first year of school and he has so far lost 3 jumpers, 3 coats, and he has completely destroyed his shoes we bought a month ago

This is going to ruin me at this rate 😸

If that were the UK, the school would be at fault.

Gwadien

Hes 7 so he should know better but i remember doing same when i was a kid makes it so much more frustrating 😂

Try 12-13 year olds doing the same, and teachers getting a bollocking for not helping them look sufficiently.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Try 12-13 year olds doing the same, and teachers getting a bollocking for not helping them look sufficiently.
Do you not insist on name-tags in all their clothes etc? I'd be fucking livid as a parent but it's hardly the fucking teachers fault is it? Never lost anything at school (although tbh, I never had any shit worth stealing).

Gwadien

Do you not insist on name-tags in all their clothes etc? I'd be fucking livid as a parent but it's hardly the fucking teachers fault is it? Never lost anything at school (although tbh, I never had any shit worth stealing).

Well yeah it's encouraged but you can't force anything.

I was in a meeting with a teacher last year and this kid was there looking from like 2-4pm and he must have come back like 8 times asking for new ideas where to look and the teacher kept telling him and getting more and more frustrated that he didn't have the ability to check where he'd been himself.

Then she got an email from a receptionist who said their mum rang up furious that the teacher refused to spend those two hours looking with the kid.

I remember having some trousers stolen from me whilst in PE, the school couldn't give less of a shit, then the next day I saw a kid wearing them, so I told my mum and she told me tell me about the kid - polish kid, scruffy, had holes in previous trousers etc and she told me not to worry about it and bought me new ones. I was obviously mad about it, and didn't understand why my mum let it fly at the time, and I massively regret telling everyone at school what he had done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom