SPAM This thread is for random spam!!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Guess I'm the only one here loving this weather then? Probably helps we bought a drafty old 1930s semi, so it is remarkably cool in here, far more pleasant than our old place.

Having a bar in the back garden for a few chilled beers seems a good shout also :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd be loving it if I was out in it.

Will knock it on the head later, stick some headphones on and pick a fuckton of raspberries and strawberries :)

Bodhi

One of the ways were we sold "Virtual First" in our company - and the ensuing closure of the UK office (sadface) - was that we could work from anywhere we had a network connection.

We've got WiFi all through the back garden, and EE have good coverage on the golf course, so I'm more than happy to take advantage :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I could work from the garden but I'd have to move all the monitors out there, and that'd come with a fuckload of overexposure which would be a right ballache when you're trying to grapple spreadsheets and calls.

Gone are the days where I used to fuck off on a thursday night and "work from tent" on a Friday, tethered through the mobile. Can get fuck all done on a laptop screen.

To be fair though - I now live where I used to go on holiday, so when I finish work I'm exactly where I want to be :)

Bodhi

To be fair though - I now live where I used to go on holiday, so when I finish work I'm exactly where I want to be :)

Having a bar in the back garden gives me a similar result :)

If I'm working on proposals and other documents I'll stay up in the man cave with many monitors and get stuff done - but if I'm just replying to emails etc, a single screen, or even a phone does the trick for me. Only issue I find is direct sunlight plays havoc with my company laptop, so need to find a shaded area. Either than or raise a request to get my S3 Tablet upgraded....

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
BMW: "No, we don't think our customers are thick. Research has shown they're knuckle-dragging retards"

I don't see it as a bad thing.

You can still buy it normally.

What if you live in a hot country? I'm sure they won't be too bothered about heated seats..

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't see it as a bad thing.
They're shipping complete cars. The only difference between the models is that they haven't turned on the "on" switch.

All the gear is there. They've produced it. They've installed it. It's cost-neutral to BWM. To not turn it on is shysterism. (It's also environmentally wasteful).

If consumers are so badly captured that they can't see what is utterly disgusting about this then it just shows how badly fucked in the head we've become.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just got back from a trip to Belfast (took the kids to a water park gohydro - highly recommended); we completely forgot that 12th July is when all the Orange fuckwits come out to play; Belfast was deserted apart from various knuckle draggers building giant (and I do mean massive) fucking bonfires, and police snatch Land Rovers roaming about.

We caught an Uber back to the water park and our (Catholic) driver said "Oh we all fuck off for the week of the 12th and let them get on with it, I'm only here because my mum's ill"

You really don't have to scratch very far below the surface to see NI hasn't really changed despite 25 years of peace. They really fucking hate each other still.
IMG-20220713-WA0001.jpg
A big fucking bonfires in the middle of Belfast

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Just got back from a trip to Belfast (took the kids to a water park gohydro - highly recommended); we completely forgot that 12th July is when all the Orange fuckwits come out to play; Belfast was deserted apart from various knuckle draggers building giant (and I do mean massive) fucking bonfires, and police snatch Land Rovers roaming about.

We caught an Uber back to the water park and our (Catholic) driver said "Oh we all fuck off for the week of the 12th and let them get on with it, I'm only here because my mum's ill"

You really don't have to scratch very far below the surface to see NI hasn't really changed despite 25 years of peace. They really fucking hate each other still.
View attachment 46464
Didn't someone die falling off one of those the other day? I saw a news report about the building process a few years ago, they look like an accident waiting to happen in dozens of ways.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Didn't someone die falling off one of those the other day? I saw a news report about the building process a few years ago, they look like an accident waiting to happen in dozens of ways.

Yeah, a window cleaner.

DaGaffer

Yeah, apparently they were trying to go for the world record and he fell off. None of these guys come off as the sharpest tools in the box.

Wij

I am a FH squatter

View attachment 46464
Is that an Irish flag in the bonfire?

I mean it could be an Ivory Coast one hung backwards but it seems unlikely :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I went

Spectrum
Atari ST
Atari STE
Sega Consoles
Nintendo cube
PS1/PS2/PS3/PS4
XBOX (every console). Still have my original XBOX

but I loved playing Thing on a Spring on my mates C64. The music was fucking awesome.

PET 2001-8
TRS-80
VIC-20
C64
Amiga A500
PC

Yes we were mostly a Commodore household. I still have the Amiga, the others were sold but I have bought "them" from Ebay. Still looking for a good value TRS-80 but a lot of vintage computers go for silly money now.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Spectrum 16k
Added wobbly RAM pack :/
Atari STE
486 PC
SNES
Start earning money and buy every console including JPN versions and building own gaming PCs with several upgrades a year...
Get wife and kids and tone that down a bit...

:(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Some crappy 70's pong-style paddle console
Vic-20
C64
Amiga
PC

Bikes > all :)

DaGaffer

Is that an Irish flag in the bonfire?

I mean it could be an Ivory Coast one hung backwards but it seems unlikely :)

Oh yes, Irish tricolour, pictures of the Sinn Fein leader, Celtic shirts, the whole nationalist trifecta, because these guys are super-classy.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Oh yes, Irish tricolour, pictures of the Sinn Fein leader, Celtic shirts, the whole nationalist trifecta, because these guys are super-classy.
They are going to start a civil war when the Irish reunification vote happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Tom
Top Bottom