DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I dont think he did a bad job. He had a tough ask with the issues he inherited... So for one I am sorry to see him go, especially with the alternatives ie May with a broken opposition.

You mean apart from the whole "referendum for internal party purposes that blew up royally" thing? Apart from that.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
You mean apart from the whole "referendum for internal party purposes that blew up royally" thing? Apart from that.
He promised the referendum when he became PM? He was outmenovered and for those who voted remain they now seem to have a lot of angst for him for having the vote... If he had not had the vote he would also have been criticised heavily.....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
He promised the referendum when he became PM? He was outmenovered and for those who voted remain they now seem to have a lot of angst for him for having the vote... If he had not had the vote he would also have been criticised heavily.....

Yes but he didn't promise a referendum because of some democratic impulse, he did it to outmanoeuvre the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory party; which was spectacularly ill-judged wouldn't you say?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Both Tory and Labour have made massive screw ups, Cameron as pointed out thought he could use this to sort his house out and Labour thought they could use this situation to sort theirs out and remove JC, both failed on an epic scale

Yoni

Yes but he didn't promise a referendum because of some democratic impulse, he did it to outmanoeuvre the Eurosceptic wing of the Tory party; which was spectacularly ill-judged wouldn't you say?
Absolutely but I still think he achieved a lot.... Although history books will not remember.....

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
Oh wow. Boris as Foreign Secretary .. I literally laughed-out-load at the news. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I dont think he did a bad job.
Agree? He only risked all on Brexit only to fail, leaving the very union at stake.

Erm. So no. Not agree. "Paedo look a like fucks country" would be accurate reporting :(

Yoni

Yes there is the referendum, the result is not one that I wanted at all... But just to say he was crap isn't ok either.... When I think to Blair, Brown and Major.......

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Brexit threat is the best thing to happen to Europe since Abba.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Boris Johnson being Foreign Secretary would be like a Hamster trying to play the Crystal Maze... while blindfolded and glued to a toaster.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
He did a very good job as London Mayor of wooing foreigners who brought money. As the FS job is more about projecting us overseas now, rather than sitting in the UN persuading them to let us go to war, it's not a terrible idea. Foreigners like Boris. They like the badly fitting suits and the ridiculous hair and language. They think it's so very British.

Don't for get she's appointed a separate Minister for Brexit, so he'll be at arms length of that.

I was surprised, definitely. I thought that was probably it for Boris for a decade or so. That he might go all Portillo and just make TV programs and write more books.

I'll reserve judgement for the moment.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
looking forward to another interest rate cut :) less on my mortgage again :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Lately Boris has had a few Prince Philip moments that are not very diplomatic.

Who cares, foreigners love that shit.

He will be off to the rest of the world (that place outside the EU!)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
May also seems to be booting out some utter cunts too.

Gove, gone
Morgan, gone

Good news indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom