Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Because they are too shit scared to leave the EU
They put it to tbe country..if Tories win outright its a mandate to leave...a 2nd referendum if you like...if its hung then they can say they dont have the full support to call it.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Why does a general election occur?

Ego.
Boris will have a lot less control than he thinks without a mandate.

Plus they can see labour fracturing - they might see it as an easy way to get a bigger majority.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Plus they can see labour fracturing - they might see it as an easy way to get a bigger majority.
ows_141693133264900.jpg

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
So who's actually running the country today?
My comment was a little tongue in cheek as looking at the mess the closest person to 'leading' at the moment is Osborne in the short term

Job

Europe will be forgotten by labour voters if we have Boris as PM, biggest labour voter turnout ever.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I may be over simplifying it but the reality is fuck all has changed as of yet aside from us identifying that we are not happy.

As usual there'll be a fucking ton of people making a fortune out of the markets crashing and they'll be rubbing there hands together every time they see the doom and gloom plastered all over the media.

I was pleased with Osbornes speech this morning and it all feels like when he took over in the first place, people just have to get their heads out of the ground and be positive.

Job

Anyway I see the Americans have told the EU they will take a very dim view of any attempts to punish the UK for leaving..that'll shut them up.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
David Lammy on Sky News atm is making me laugh... At least he sticking to his point of view and that of his constituents....

Embattle

FH is my second home
I do like what one commentator implied, the conservatives decided to punch themselves in the face and labour felt left out and decided to the same.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
To try and catch all of @Scouse 's tears in one place...

We as a country voted out, we can't change that now. Personally I am not massively bothered, there are pros and cons to both. I made my final decision to vote remain at the booth.

Scouse, previously a vehement defender of the little man has shown that when it actually matters, all he cares about us his personal net worth and bases his choice on that alone. I can understand how people who voted for very personal and possibly selfish reasons might feel buthurt right now but what is the point in getting even more wound up about it? You aren't changing opinions and even if you were, what difference would it make?

In the long term we will be fine, in the long term the EU is going to fracture. The French grind to a halt every other Sunday if truck drivers cant get the right lunches, can you imagine what is going to happen when the will for a frexit vote reaches critical mass?!

We have to live with our choice as a nation. The only way we will come out on top is to work with it, not against it.

Its time to try and change our society for the better, we have a real chance now. Inequality has been around since the start if time and was getting worse under the EU, maybe we can come out of it better? Especially now the main parties are imploding. Who knows.

Tldr. Stop fucking moaning and carry on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I did find it funny and ironic Alex Salmon trying to blame the government for having a referendum ;)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I disagree with most of what you put up there @Raven. IMO it's way too simplistic an argument, putting what you consider I think in such black and white terms leaves no space for nuance and shades of grey and comes out far short of actual reality.

To use a single line as a proxy for the rest of your argument I'd say this doesn't describe the situation accurately:
We as a country voted out, we can't change that now.
On the face of it, if you want to shut down discussion, then yes. Leave won.

However, even Leave-boy Boris has clearly stated that such a strong showing for Remain has effectively muddied the waters. It's far from a decisive vote in real terms. 48.1 vs 51.9 of 72% of the population in an indicative, non-legally binding vote. Unless you're a full-on subscriber to the tyranny of the majority then there's half the population's opinions to take into account and a hell of a lot to fight for.

Article 50 may never even be triggered, Leave campaigners are not just backtracking but leaping away from the very promises that secured them their very narrow margin "victory". And Boris's vision of a future UK isn't what Leave were after.

The demographics show that in the next two decades one of the underpinning pillars of the leave campaign will literally die off - leaving the well-educated-but-not-rich living in a Blighty created by a bitter uneducated working class - who've cut off their noses to spite their faces.

Personally, this is the thing that grates with me the most - it was a stupid decision by people who could barely grasp the arguments. Yes, there were some who could see the other side of it - @Wij's point about democracy was a hugely pertinent one - but those arguments didn't even ring the bell of the representative downtrodden working class in Ebbw Vale.

It was a decision made out of rage, stupidity and emotion, not rationality and considered thought. It's to our politician's shame that they let the economics of the (then) world's 5th largest economy become so skewed in favour of the rich and privileged, that the cries of the poor working class have been ignored for so long that the first time we get to vote on anything even remotely meaningful that it didn't matter what the rational arguments were - there were enough people hurting in the UK that the rage vote was so big.

So, balls to your cry of "stop fucking moaning". There's lots to moan about - and you'll find the better-educated political class are going to be balls out trying to scupper the bulk of leave's objectives.

And by "Leave's objectives" I mean the desires of the working class poor - not Boris, Gove and Farage.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Still on the "everyone who disagrees with me is stupid or racist" train? :/

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Why does a general election occur?

UK voted for a tory government. Tories are free to choose their own leader. They're hardly going to risk putting themselves out of power.

Because the next will PM will be an unelected PM? the people didn't vote vor Boris and will likely demand a general election.

We as a country voted out, we can't change that now.

No 'we' as a country didn't vote out, 51.9% of the country who even bothered to turn up at polling stations voted out, which mainly consisted of people over 60 (who will be fucking dead before long), UKIP supporters and Britain First mongs.. and a bunch of racists thrown in there for a lovely cocktail. Nigel Farage was already demanding a second referendum before the leave vote won, saying if it was a 52% to 48% victory it would be too close to call and it would have to be done again. Now that the leave vote won Nigel threw his toys out of the pram and is trying to stop a second referendum.

And that's exactly what happend 51.9% to 48.1%, so using Nigel Farage's own words against him - I want a second referendum waa waa waa.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You understand how a democratic vote works...right?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Still on the "everyone who disagrees with me is stupid or racist" train? :/
Not at all @ECA. One, I didn't mention race and two, I almost voted leave on @Wij's point alone.

However, if you look at the evidence provided (I know leavers don't like that) the demographics completely and unequivocally bare out the point.

Evidence based argument right there.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
... and now I find out that Sterling is going up against Iceland when he's at a 31 year low!!! :cry:

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Yes, well done. Congratulations.

You still fail at understanding.

Why, because I don't agree with what you've said? or are you some how trying to steer my opinion to your liking? perhaps you'd like a referendum on that too?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Why, because I don't agree with what you've said? or are you some how trying to steer my opinion to your liking? perhaps you'd like a referendum on that too?

Well by you're own admission we'd never get a result, because as long as he keeps winning you'll keep moaning about it :p

Job

The federal plans for Europe have been leaked to a German newspaper...nothing new, just a wish list, but it includes total control of taxes, armies and the removal of any seperate government.
No matter how many bleat about how it wont happen...it WILL happen unless the people revolyt, you only have to look at our referendum to see the will of the people is of no consequence.
The EU will fudge, cheat, lie, threaten and buy off till they get their federal superstate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom