Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think its a bigger chance they will make an example out of you to deter more from leaving

At this point I don't think it actually matters. It has proven that the will of the people > the will of the rich. There is ever growing for the people to have their say all across Europe.
France, Sweden and The Netherlands will be next, in no particular order.

Then it will be Germany propping up a bunch of poor countries, it won't end well.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Merkel has pretty much shut down any possibility of making an example of us though?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, I voted remain. Work is going to be a pain now but after a lot of talking it over with a group of friends over the weekend, a geneticist (1 degree, voted remain) a CAD engineer (No degree, voted leave), a higher'up HR guy from one of the largest councils in the country (2 degrees, voted leave, as did his loaded old man) an estate agent (No degree, voted remain) and me a finance analyst/report writer/IT peon/importer (working towards a degree, voted remain) Nationalised American lad, also a geneticist, who couldn't make it due to illness (1 degree, voted remain) we all decided that actually we were pretty excited about it. A lot of stuff is going to go to shit in the short term but we all thought that once we get past the next 5 years or so we can do a lot as a country.

Exciting times ahead!

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
All I will say is, in my past 5 years experience in dealing with Europe, the countries with the most to spend are outside of the EU.

Am still a lot more optimistic than I would have been had the vote gone the other way. Next couple of years may be rocky, but in the long run I think we've made the right decision.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
So, possible Scottish veto, also possible Irish veto. If it goes to parliament to be voted through it will fail massively as all sides are against Brexit. Lots of "ifs", but there is a chance that this may not happen yet, slim, but a chance.
Meanwhile the Shadow Cabinet is imploding.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
Also just found this which explains amongst of things who set up the online petition, which is full of lols.

edit: Oops sorry Emb :( hadn't clicked your link.

Lethul

FH is my second home
ELI5: What is a shadow cabinet a d why is everyone leaving it? :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Shadow cabinet mirrors the ministerial positions for the main opposition party

Embattle

FH is my second home
To me both are true, he was quite happy for some blue on blue fighting thus did nothing at the start of the EU referendum.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I like his backbone atm tho, he is certainly standing up to the people in his party who are trying to get rid of him. Too many politicians flee with the tail in between their legs so they can get a comfy position somewhere else

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I like his backbone atm tho, he is certainly standing up to the people in his party who are trying to get rid of him. Too many politicians flee with the tail in between their legs so they can get a comfy position somewhere else

I'd say it was blinkers not backbone tbh.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I just find it ironic that his party say he should quit because he does not stand up to the conservatives enough, but surely by quitting he would be proving they are right and he really does not stand up to people!

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I'd say Hillary Benn is an opportunistic wanker, he sees a general election looming and is so puffed up over the reception his speech got a while back he thinks he can stick the knife in and be the next leader, the resignations were from a bunch of nobodies.

I'd rather see Andy B or Chuka though.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
the whole thing is a fucking joke and already the various parties and leaders are using the result to bolster their own power or put themselves in it nothing changes
david lammy- follow me ill lead you to salvation!!!! (blatant grab for leadership for a party heavily vested in the remain camp 100% he will throw his name in the hat)

nicola sturgeon - im going to make lots of empty gestures that have no chance of success and blame the lot on england just to force a indy ref in scotland (she is happy as a pig in shit we voted out of the EU gives her the excuse she needs for a new referendum regarding indepence)

tim farron -hey all you whiny fuckers who are crying cos you lost come to me ill give you lots of cuddles and we can get back under the covers with the EU next General election!

nigel farrage - im a fucking liar but fuck you ha ha ha oh shit i dont have a job anymore! wouldnt be surprised to see him backing re entry into the EU in 10 years time.

jeremy corbyn - erm what day is it? did we vote yet did we win?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'd say Hillary Benn is an opportunistic wanker, he sees a general election looming and is so puffed up over the reception his speech got a while back he thinks he can stick the knife in and be the next leader, the resignations were from a bunch of nobodies.

I'd rather see Andy B or Chuka though.
Chuka should've put his name forward after Milliband went, he's young but he's the most sensible of all of them.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Chuka should've put his name forward after Milliband went, he's young but he's the most sensible of all of them.
He did...then back tracked furiously. Another bright sunshine chancer, just like Burnham but not quite so obvious and cheesy.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Good job leave, given racist scum a self-entitlement to be total dickheads to anyone with different skin colour or an accent now.... bellends.

Facebook - an album of events thats happened since the results. I genuinely hope the UK does fucking sink now, it's all you deserve for empowering this pack of cunts.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
When you say its all YOU deserve, are you not from UK as well? Pure curiosity as i am learning more and more Remainers on these forums are actually not from UK

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
When you say its all YOU deserve, are you not from UK as well? Pure curiosity as i am learning more and more Remainers on these forums are actually not from UK

I am from the UK, born and raised. When I said "It's all you deserve" it's because people voted leave believing it would be in the countries best interest I genuinely hope it just fucking crashes now to spite every single person that voted leave, because behaviour like that is absolutely unacceptable, sadly its going to become even more common though, people that aren't from here living in fear because the knuckle dragging racist cunt brigade has been given an invisible go ahead the moment that win came through, it makes me physically sick.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Good job leave, given racist scum a self-entitlement to be total dickheads to anyone with different skin colour or an accent now.... bellends.

Facebook - an album of events thats happened since the results. I genuinely hope the UK does fucking sink now, it's all you deserve for empowering this pack of cunts.
Dont be silly. You cant blame the democratic process for that.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Dont be silly. You cant blame the democratic process for that.

I can and I am, facepalm it all you want, laugh at it all you want, the fact of the matter is the racists were some what tame before this happened, now they think they have a RIGHT to do this. NO ONE has a right to do this. No one.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I havent facepalmed anything. Ofcourse no one has the right to be racist thats why we have laws against it that havent changed.

Leaving the eu isnt a racist act.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I havent facepalmed anything. Ofcourse no one has the right to be racist thats why we have laws against it that havent changed.

Leaving the eu isnt a racist act.

It's not a racist act no, I wasn't saying that. It has given some sort of signal (which I can only assume can be seen by racist mongoloids) to go ahead and just say what they want to people, because they seem to think in leaving the EU, they have some sort of brand new right to be a total wanker towards people.

So what I was saying is, by voting leave, you've empowered these people by proxy.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Only complete and utter mental cases would think that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom