Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
What have we actually left, if we ever do.
It's not a physical thing, we haven't turned off a big machine or flicked a switch, the EU is just a collection of documents, treaties and signatures overseen mostly by ordinary office staff, the entire thing could fit on a hard drive.
We could negotiate anything now, we have to in the strongest position possible, 2nd biggest economy, largest military power and we are acting like rabbits in headlamps.
Tell Boris to go over there, kick open the door and tell them this is how it is from now on, wtf is going on,I have almost accepted myself, the notion that Merkel comes on the telly with some idea for us to do.
Why the fuck was Cameron never on German TV with some twatty , pain in the arse suggestion for the Germans, we have simply assumed a submissive role, if Hungary had our economic and military might, Junckers would be dressed as Princess Leia in a slve outfit licking their boots.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Only about 15% of the "signatures" originate from within the UK though, so it's not representative of the voting demographic.

Job

Really a petition, if we had voted stay by 3%, how would a leave petition go down...if unimaginably they got a new vote, leave would just have a petition for a third vote...and...ain't happening.
If they so much as considered it, there would be trouble on the streets.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
YOU HEARD IT FIRST, JOB IS HINTING THAT THERE COULD BE RIOTS

THERE COULD BE RIOTS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

R I O T S

Job

Yes, like the poll tax riots, except it would northern people setting their ferrets on southeners.

Lethul

FH is my second home
What have we actually left, if we ever do.
It's not a physical thing, we haven't turned off a big machine or flicked a switch, the EU is just a collection of documents, treaties and signatures overseen mostly by ordinary office staff, the entire thing could fit on a hard drive.
We could negotiate anything now, we have to in the strongest position possible, 2nd biggest economy, largest military power and we are acting like rabbits in headlamps.
Tell Boris to go over there, kick open the door and tell them this is how it is from now on, wtf is going on,I have almost accepted myself, the notion that Merkel comes on the telly with some idea for us to do.
Why the fuck was Cameron never on German TV with some twatty , pain in the arse suggestion for the Germans, we have simply assumed a submissive role, if Hungary had our economic and military might, Junckers would be dressed as Princess Leia in a slve outfit licking their boots.

I think its a bigger chance they will make an example out of you to deter more from leaving

throdgrain

FH is my second home
A woman working for the police force yesterday compared all this to the Peasants Revolt, which got people all annoyed, but I think it actually is a bit like that.

(You know what happened to Wat Tyler in the end though don't you ...)

Job

I think its a bigger chance they will make an example out of you to deter more from leaving
They started down that road allready, bur Merkel has stopped that, what kind of club punishes you for leaving ...islam springs to mind.
They can't punish us because the rest of Europe...as in all those countries that are not Germany or France will look on like schoolkids watching the teacher slapping a kid who answers back

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
They started down that road allready, bur Merkel has stopped that, what kind of club punishes you for leaving ...islam springs to mind.
They can't punish us because the rest of Europe...as in all those countries that are not Germany or France will look on like schoolkids watching the teacher slapping a kid who answers back

I'm not sure what you mean. The EU has already stated countries can leave whenever they want. Please be more specific. I know you love making sweeping general statements because you think they mean things but tbh I'm understanding you less. To make one of my own, I'd hazard a guess that if the UK negotiates a poor exit in the coming two years, you'll be the first to say the EU is "punishing" the UK, whereas the truth is that your politicians were there the whole time and simply performed badly.

Job

I'm not sure what you mean. The EU has already stated countries can leave whenever they want. Please be more specific. I know you love making sweeping general statements because you think they mean things but tbh I'm understanding you less. To make one of my own, I'd hazard a guess that if the UK negotiates a poor exit in the coming two years, you'll be the first to say the EU is "punishing" the UK, whereas the truth is that your politicians were there the whole time and simply performed badly.
Hmmmm, have you possibly even slightly listened to the threats that have been made over trade agreements, ministers all over Europe have spouted off with veil threats.

Job

They wont, because they have woken and smelled the coffee, talk of cutting us out of rade is utter, utter bollocks and cutting us out of EU negotiations is of no consequence, they are irrelevant except to themselves.
NATO is the military might, trade will continue, despite their best efforts to fuck it up and all the EU is going to be deciding for the next 20 years is how to stop everyone leaving and how to deal with their debt, any EU military actions just went out the window with us...what they gonna do, take in Turkey and send muslim soldiers around the world?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Hmmmm, have you possibly even slightly listened to the threats that have been made over trade agreements, ministers all over Europe have spouted off with veil threats.

veiled threats and insinuations? how awful of them. you poor fellow.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
It's what @Raven* n @Bodhi and all the leavers want. Destruction of the NHS has clearly been a goal of the leave campaigners, if not the campaign.

*not for a second do I believe raven's assertion he voted remain.

Well projected, however insinuating all of the 17 million people who votes Leave want rid of the NHS, is mostly horseshit.

I'd like it to be more efficient, less top heavy and properly used, but get rid of it? No thanks.

Job

They are back peddling allready, German newspapers are asking for an associated partnership, the reality of Germany effectively having to pay in our share is hitting home.
This becoming a game of Poker and the UK has finally grown some balls...in a sort of whoopseedaisy sort of way.

Job

The problem with the NHS is half the people costing it money and slowing it down have fuk all wrong with them.
Against all my beliefs I would set up huge holistic/meditation and crystal ball healing centres and keep a lot of idiots happy.
You could save it Billions by having a 50 quid fee, refundable if you are actually sick.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's what @Raven* n @Bodhi and all the leavers want. Destruction of the NHS has clearly been a goal of the leave campaigners, if not the campaign.

*not for a second do I believe raven's assertion he voted remain.

I voted remain.

Not bothered if you believe me or not to be fair.

You're just a pathetic little no lifer who changes his mind like the weather. You are desperately upset that the poor little peons that you always pretend to have sympathy for have just had their say. Get over it, move on. This childish anger wont change anything.

Anyway, just got back from camping, barely a phone signal in site. Happy to see my house hasn't collapsed into a pile of of rubble and the lights still work. Life goes on, EU or not.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The whole thing is democracy in action. If people don't like the democratic system, may I suggest they move to North Korea?

Job

Yeah, but they do own a huge amount of the resources and space.
Sturgeon is just making things worse for everyone, what the fuck does she think the EU would offer Scotland...even less fishing rights, some dreadful fossil fuel climatebolox tax, they'd go straight back to paying for university and prescriptions, if the Sottish NHS survived at all.
England supports Scotland, not the EU.

Job

The wife is organising a 5K next week, I'm trying to get her to rename it a 3 miler...just doing my bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom