Embattle

FH is my second home
I do laugh at what that poll wants:

"We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based [on] a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum."

Also on the idea of a Scottish referendum, it wouldn't happen until after the UK exits the EU.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
ClydI3aWEAEcYp6.jpg

Saw this on Twattor. Fucking haha

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I love all my friends this is not in dispute, I am sure and I respect that all of them who voted leave had very valid personal reasons. However a leave vote did not mean a diminution of freedom of speech for ANYONE so please stop asking people to stop voicing their opinion. Everyone has a continued right to voice their opinion and peacefully protest against the vote as is their democratic right. I have seen more scaremongering and shit throwing in the last 24 hours than I can stomach, not just from UK citizens but from Europeans as well.

In my view the majority voted for a Leave and now the UK have to live up to voters expectations, however I also believe that some really made their decision as a protest vote... This was not the time for that....

Yes this may well lead to a reform in how our leaders are elected, however if anyone thinks that this vote will affect decisions that were not made by Europe (healthcare, policing, travel networks etc etc) then you have either been misinformed or not done your homework.

I do not believe for example that a leave vote will prevent the privatisation of the NHS, I do believe a leave vote will effect employment and workers rights, I do believe a leave vote will mean higher taxes and I do believe a leave vote will mean the UK will have no choice to continue free movement with the EU should they want favourable trading terms.

The U.K. has been fucked up for a while and it was only living outside of it that opened my eyes as to how fucked up it really is and how few of its issues are to do with the EU. As I said in earlier posts, I enjoy a great life full of balance even though I work hard, but when I am sick I can recover, I have access to superb healthcare, children are allowed to grow up with both parents involved in their lives, where people from all areas of the world work and live together without massive issues (yes I am aware there are issues everywhere but not to UK levels) and where I pay 61% taxation in order to do so. If anyone had told me 8 years ago I would be happy to do so I would have laughed them out of the room... I put that down to my own ignorance and indoctrinated privalleged upbringing. I wish all of you luck during this time of unsettlement, I especially hope the remaining EU countries make decisions based on what is best for Europe as a whole and do not take a hard anti UK line...Most of all I hope that the UK will be governed by people who are honest with the population so trust within the country can be rebuilt and informed decisions can be made for a better future.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I wonder how many who voted to leave (On here) had been struggling with government cuts in their areas

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
What are your plans now? Have they changed? Will you stay in France or?
I didn't have any plans to go back to the UK before and I certainly don't now (other than visiting). What about you?

Embattle

FH is my second home
The UK doesn't have some sort of exclusivity on a lack of honest leaders, people often don't want to hear the actual truth in any country.....if there was or is ever such a thing as actual truth.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was immigration, full stop, and not polish plumbers or romanian crop pickers, it was filling up towns all over the country with muslims who don't intergrate, are hostile to the white population, dress like they are still in the middle east, make their women wear veils and are also religious nutters.
The final straw was the inability to say anything about it , I said time and time again that forcing people to be inclusive just results in things like this, why the fuck are the liberal cretins so surprised?
They are actually writing everywhere that they cannot believe they got the mood so wrong, that comes from mixing in circles of people who are trying to outdo each other with how cosmopolitan they are, emporers...new...clothes.......

Talivar

Part of the furniture
It wasn't Immigration for everyone, where i live it was more a case of the current system is destroying us so take a gamble or give up and slowly fade away. Many seem to be hoping the fallout of this will take down many of the current politicians either now like Cameron or soon when the masses realise they been lied to

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Sure both side lied. A whole bunch of people made use of their democratic right to vote how they *wanted*

sure. I never said they didn't. I think it's great that a referendum was held. I just despise "modern politics" as Emb calls it.

Yoni

I didn't have any plans to go back to the UK before and I certainly don't now (other than visiting). What about you?
I had no plans to return either (other than visiting), my life is here the Brexit vote just confirmed that a decision made 5 years ago was indeed correct. After living away from the UK I could never return...

Embattle

FH is my second home
I just wonder what the % was of those voting remain who didn't actually even live here was, again all self interest same as actually believing something is the truth.

Yoni

The UK doesn't have some sort of exclusivity on a lack of honest leaders, people often don't want to hear the actual truth in any country.....if there was or is ever such a thing as actual truth.
This is true however, having been able to vote locally in elections in Sweden there is less propaganda and more facts available to make an informed decision.... Additionally the run up to elections appear to be less about willy waiving and more about real issues... You know when I showed my Swedish colleagues footage from debates in the Houses of Parliament they thought it was a comedy sketch....

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I wonder that as well Embattle as it seems a lot of angry Remainers are people who had already moved away or people living comfortable lives

Yoni

I just wonder what the % was of those voting remain who didn't actually even live here was, again all self interest same as actually believing something is the truth.
Not sure you can really go there unless you actually have lived outside of the U.K. why would a remain vote be selfish? Most expats I know have been away long enough not to care as they have earned the right to citizenship in the countries they now reside...

Yoni

I have been interested (not critical) in those who voted leave for their children and grandchildren. As yet I have not seen a pursuasive argument?

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Some areas like Grimsby have lost their whole industries (In this case Fishing). This is in a large part due to EU regulations capping their quotas to 13% of the waters around Britian. It is also down to the fact the Government have made continual cuts and now many of the business and public services are on their knees with a very bleak future for the area. What argument can you give to these people to maintain the status quo (Remain) and continue with the slow and painful slide into oblivion?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
My vote for Leave was nothing to do with immigration frankly, as to me, it just isn't a concern - it makes our life Richer and fills in for a feckless and lazy native workforce.

However my concern was with the EU itself - if it was simply to the European leaders getting together once a month to discuss trade and other mutually beneficial matters then I wouldn't have the slightest issue, however it was the while bureaucracy that goes with it - an unaccountable cabal of failed politicians ferrying themselves from Brussels to Strasbourg once a month, failing to get their accounts audited. Add in the carnage their policies are causing in Southern Europe, and some concerning future plans (EU Army etc) and my mind was (kind of) made up. To me it's just another layer of government we didnt ask for, nor need.

Looking on Twitter etc this morning, it's starting to look like Article 50 won't even happen - the EU will come back with Associate Membership terms, which will be put to another vote.

From the noises coming from Germany, I will be very shocked if we actually end up completely leaving. So let's chill and see how this goes.

Job

So the French want a new PM and us out in a few days, they just can't stop themselves can they...wtf has it to do with them...and getting shirty with a brexit UK is the same political elite ignorance that got the UK into this situation, most French people agree or have sympathy with brexiters.

Job

Immigration issues have got that.bad in the UK that more than half the country were prepared to leap into the financial dark than put up with it.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Some areas like Grimsby have lost their whole industries (In this case Fishing). This is in a large part due to EU regulations capping their quotas to 13% of the waters around Britian. It is also down to the fact the Government have made continual cuts and now many of the business and public services are on their knees with a very bleak future for the area. What argument can you give to these people to maintain the status quo (Remain) and continue with the slow and painful slide into oblivion?

Well the government are not suddenly going to invest in those areas so that was a foolish hope.

Also the fishing quotas are there to prevent over fishing so that there are still fish around the British coast.

They would have a zero fishing industry without the quotas. So I say to them that won't change either!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
But to the Fishermen who no longer have jobs and the public sector workers fighting endless battles to keep their jobs, they have a choice take a wild in the dark gamble or choose to stay as they are

Yoni

But to the Fishermen who no longer have jobs and the public sector workers fighting endless battles to keep their jobs, they have a choice take a wild in the dark gamble or choose to stay as they are
Then they have not done their homework before voting...

Yoni

You are speaking like people in comfortable positions
When i lived in the UK I was the furthest away from comfortable I have ever been... I literally did not know (without asking mummy and daddy which I never did) where the next meal was coming from or how I was going to pay the next bill.. How did I get out of it... I worked fucking hard, I educated myself and was given an opportunity in NL which I embraced and now yes I am comfortable.. But that all has to do with me, my hard work and never giving up. Please understand Although my parents are very well off and I got an awesome education up to 16, I pissed it all up a wall, they refused to spoil us with money, if we asked for a loan we could have one at interest rates the same as the banks... They were firm believers in not getting something for nothing (my mums dad was a self made northerner...).

Job

When i lived in the UK I was the furthest away from comfortable I have ever been... I literally did not know (without asking mummy and daddy which I never did) where the next meal was coming from or how I was going to pay the next bill.. How did I get out of it... I worked fucking hard, I educated myself and was given an opportunity in NL which I embraced and now yes I am comfortable.. But that all has to do with me, my hard work and never giving up. Please understand Although my parents are very well off and I got an awesome education up to 16, I pissed it all up a wall, they refused to spoil us with money, if we asked for a loan we could have one at interest rates the same as the banks... They were firm believers in not getting something for nothing (my mums dad was a self made northerner...).
Will you be voting duxit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom