Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
All these agreements are there to make things run smoothly..grease the rusty wheels of bureaucracy..they are not some absolute protocol that means without them we have to shut up shop.
If the EU forces us to hard brexit and if that inconveniences or costs one fucking business in the continent, they will have a shit show on their hands.
So..your penalising us to penalise them?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's not 'penalising'. If we leave the bodies that make trade smooth (SM & CU) then trade will be less smooth. Yes that will also inconvenience EU companies that deal with UK companies but that will make them more likely to do deals with someone else. Penalising is a child's way of looking at this. Expecting all the rights with none of the responsibilities.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
All these agreements are there to make things run smoothly..grease the rusty wheels of bureaucracy..they are not some absolute protocol that means without them we have to shut up shop.
If the EU forces us to hard brexit and if that inconveniences or costs one fucking business in the continent, they will have a shit show on their hands.

I dont see how britain deciding to leave institutions it helped create can be construed as the EU penalising britain...

Ctuchik

FH is my second home

EU will only force a hard exit if UK keeps being an entitled whining little bitch.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I'm fairly sure that the EU would find it far more profitable in the short term by gaining more businesses in Frankfurt and other continental financial cities.

Meanwhile, we'll still have some-sort of a trade deal - one where we still purchase things we rely on from the EU.

I still find it hilarious that people believe that we're the big boys telling the little boys what to do, when in reality we should probably get fucked.

People know how desperate their point of view is when they start to air the 'We saved Europe from the Nazis!!'

lol.

Job

Were not the 'big boys'..but we are the third or maybe 2nd depending on Frances adjustment of the books.... biggest economy in the EU.
Good god..just think about that..at least the third lsrgest economy in a 27 country club.
Wont fucking miss us..just listen to yourselves, you frickin self haters.
By FAR the most influential country in the EU..by a large margin, a massive loss to the EUs world influence.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you think the UK is anything like as powerful and influential as it was a couple of decades ago, you're in for a bit of a shock. The EU isn't going to "force" the UK to go with no deal, the onus is on the UK to offer a deal which the EU finds acceptable, which everybody with any fucking sense could see was what was going to happen from day one. If it comes to being a "no deal" Brexit, the UK is going to throw its toys out of the pram and say "omg we tried our best but those EU fuckers are so MEAN", also absolutely predictable to anybody with a shred of intelligence. You can already see them winding up to lay the blame at the EU's door (see Fox's comments the other day).

Job

Continental Europe is just as fucked as us.
In fact only Germany is healthier..the rest of them have huge problems of all different types..and its a good thing none of you lot are part of the negotiations.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Isn't the reason why we've left the EU is because we've lost our influence?

lol.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Continental Europe is just as fucked as us.
In fact only Germany is healthier..the rest of them have huge problems of all different types..and its a good thing none of you lot are part of the negotiations.

By many many measures continental Europe is less fucked than the UK, and many European countries have better economic KPIs than the UK, especially now. Yes, the south is still full of basket cases, but the north and east, not so much.

UK
GDP 2nd or 4th depending how you measure it.

GDP growth rate 11th

GDP per cap 11th (EU average)

Public debt (as % of GDP) 20th

Unemployment rate 4th

Percentage of employed paid a living wage – 61%

% living below the poverty line, 13th

Job

Sponsored by a remain group..they have used some new methods for data extraction and works out at 24 people asked per seat.
I'm not going to take that seriously..of course it doesnt matter anyway.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Of course you're not going to take it seriously - it doesn't say what you want it to say.

Job

Its old data revisited by a remain group...what were you expecting.

Job

Now we will see their true strength, will the people care.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I got down to House Of Fraser, pissed myself laughing and moved on, talk about confirmation bias. Company blames Brexit, even though its completely unrelated to the fact the high street has been dying since Amazon became a thing.

Guess we can add Brexit Derangement Syndrome to your list of symptoms.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I got down to House Of Fraser, pissed myself laughing and moved on, talk about confirmation bias. Company blames Brexit, even though its completely unrelated to the fact the high street has been dying since Amazon became a thing.

Guess we can add Brexit Derangement Syndrome to your list of symptoms.
Oh come on. Even the page said they initially thought no way until they checked timing and comments about exchange rates:

It begins: 627 jobs have been put "at risk" at XPO Logistics after House of Fraser collapsed leaving huge unpaid debts. Can't blame XPO for refusing to throw good money after bad.

THE BIG QUESTION:
How was this the result of Brexit? I'll admit that at first I doubted it was: after all, aren't department stores simply an outdated business model? But it turns out the HoF was profitable up to the referendum, then "swung to a staggering £43.9m loss in 2017 as BREXIT, terrorist attacks and increased online competition took its toll" (see https://www.insider.co.uk/…/house-of-fraser-shares-loss-125…).

It's the same old story time and again: the pound crashes, inflation soars, consumer spending falls. And it will keep on happening until our government sees sense.

Read a few others. You don't have to agree with every one to still see a pattern.

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-45253053

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Oh come on. Even the page said they initially thought no way until they checked timing and comments about exchange rates:

Read a few others. You don't have to agree with every one to still see a pattern.

LOL, according to the article quoted by Facebook's equivalent to the FBPE muppets who've been clogging up Twitter with their drivel for 2 years, their previous profit was £1.5 million. That's not really the sign of a healthy business.

That's the sign of an executive team making up excuses for piss poor performance.

It does appear that page has identified any job losses since May 2016 and blamed them on Brexit. Which would be fine if they added in every job that's been created since then.

Strangely they haven't. I do wonder why.

Job

285K thats a miserable total considering the enormity of brexit and the supposed foaming mouth anger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom