dysfunction

FH is my second home
This is why I'm liking the idea of a 2nd referendum asking if:

We still want to leave.
If so then what kind of Brexit. The Norway Style or a complete break.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Norway options still respects the four freedoms, so “isn’t Brexit” according to the Rees-Moggs of this world, who seem to have a read a bunch of stuff on the referendum ballot that I didn’t notice. Maybe it was in invisible ink.

Yes but also allows member countries to limit immigration, as Lichtenstein have done. Solves the overblown Irish border issue, allows us to sign trade deals with other countries and pick and choose which European initiatives we are part of.

What's not to like?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Norway does all its trade deals through EFTA not by itself

And Lichenstein as a comparison to UK is absurd :) it has a population of 37k and total size is 50 times smaller than London alone. And even then its allowed the exception only on condition it is reviewed every 5 years.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
We need to hard brexit..anything else leaves us as Germanys bitch.
Then we leave the deals to the corporations who control the world untul they fire all the workers next decade.
Could you imagine that lot in charge of a company bigger than Boots.
Could we just put a 2nd referendum to bed...its NEVER going to happen.

Last edited:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yes but also allows member countries to limit immigration, as Lichtenstein have done. Solves the overblown Irish border issue, allows us to sign trade deals with other countries and pick and choose which European initiatives we are part of.

What's not to like?
Actually to solve the border issue we’d need to be in the customs union as well as the single market. That would mean not having our own free trade deals but who the fuck cares?

The EU has loads of free trade deals already. And if you think Liam fucking cunt Fox negotiating on behalf of the U.K. alone can get better trade deals than the EU then I’d like some of what you are smoking cos it’s wicked shit :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We need to hard brexit..anything else leaves us as Germanys bitch.
Then we leave the deals to the corporations who control the world untul they fire all the workers next decade.
Could you imagine that lot in charge of a company bigger than Boots.
Could we just put a 2nd referendum to bed...its NEVER going to happen.
This is all just bollocks.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Because it's not what Vote Leave want.
Most of the Brexiteers oversold us a cake and eat it version of Brexit. They can’t accept a realistic compromise where not all of their promises are met so they just reject every proposal and pretend that they could have achieved the full cake and eat version only they weren’t in charge.

We will end up with no deal at this rate just so they can blame the EU rather than accept that they lied or were fucking clueless.

Job

This is all just bollocks.
Nope its the exact truth.
Corporations rule the world.
The 2nd referendum is a fantasy.
If we fudgexit then we will be worse off than when we started.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
We will be worse off if they can't agree on anything. At the moment we're going nowhere very fast.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

What's not to like?

Nothing. When the Brexit vote happened I suggested EFTA as the obvious solution. But common sense left the building two years ago.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Nope its the exact truth.
Corporations rule the world.
The 2nd referendum is a fantasy.
If we fudgexit then we will be worse off than when we started.
Commercially we will probably be worse off whatever exit terms we get.

But some things are worth more than money.

So i think we will be better off as a country not having to follow france and germany all the time.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Commercially we will probably be worse off whatever exit terms we get.

But some things are worth more than money.

So i think we will be better off as a country not having to follow france and germany all the time.

As ive stated before the "france and germany leading the eu" fallacy makes me laugh. In france the conspiracy in anti eu crowd is that its lead by british german interests, can you guess what they say in germany?

UK has a larger share of votes in EU by population than it should, and a rebate. UK has a pretty sweet deal out of the EU. But we've been over this before and im unlikely to change your mind ;) so lets all just watch the trainwreck in slow motion...

Job

Its not about the money...remoaners always make it about the money or power or influence.
The only thing that matters to them.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Prediction: It'll all go tits up and Corbyn will be left holding the baby.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Actually to solve the border issue we’d need to be in the customs union as well as the single market. That would mean not having our own free trade deals but who the fuck cares?

The EU has loads of free trade deals already. And if you think Liam fucking cunt Fox negotiating on behalf of the U.K. alone can get better trade deals than the EU then I’d like some of what you are smoking cos it’s wicked shit :)

Do I think we can get a better trade deal if you we don't have to worry about keeping 27 other countries happy?

Why yes, yes I do. Kind of how the Swiss keep beating the EU to their own FTA's.

Strange how Norway also manage fairly frictionless borders with Denmark and Sweden without needing to be in the Customs Union too. Dublin would probably hate it, as it removes Leo's chances for feeling important, but we clearly can't please everyone.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Its not about the money...remoaners always make it about the money or power or influence.
The only thing that matters to them.
So money, power and influence shouldn't matter to the UK?

What should? What exactly are we after @Job?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Do I think we can get a better trade deal if you we don't have to worry about keeping 27 other countries happy?

Why yes, yes I do. Kind of how the Swiss keep beating the EU to their own FTA's.

Strange how Norway also manage fairly frictionless borders with Denmark and Sweden without needing to be in the Customs Union too. Dublin would probably hate it, as it removes Leo's chances for feeling important, but we clearly can't please everyone.
Norway has border infrastructure and checks with Sweden (it has no border at all with Denmark). May has already signed up twice with the EU that there would be no infrastructure and no checks at the border. Already agreed to it as part of the negotiation. That's what all this magic max-fac option was about. To square the circle of needing to legally do customs checks but not on the border.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I'm quiet sure the government would oppose your choosing of words in this matter. Heh

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Norway has border infrastructure and checks with Sweden (it has no border at all with Denmark). May has already signed up twice with the EU that there would be no infrastructure and no checks at the border. Already agreed to it as part of the negotiation. That's what all this magic max-fac option was about. To square the circle of needing to legally do customs checks but not on the border.
Which also leads to the fact that there cannot be a Canada-style deal without magic max-fac that HMRC said would cost 20 billion per annum to run even if it did exist, which it doesn't. The only deal we can have with the EU, and we have agreed to this, is one with no effect on the border whatsoever. Any effect means no deal. Which means 3 million jobs gone and permanent cuts to all public services. Even the ones Job likes whichever they might be.

Given that the Checquers plan will be picked apart by the EU for crossing their red lines that leaves Full EEA or No Deal (or Remain).

Takes your pick...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

Wow. That's state sponsored child abuse and it's fucking disgusting.

Not content that it's come to light that the state has been fucking women and getting them pregnant on false pretences (which is state sponsored rape IMO) - the fact that the state would be using chiidren, rather than saving them is utterly abhorrent.

There really is nothing civilised about our civilisation is there.

We've no legs to stand on when criticising other regimes any more :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom