Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Question is, what will happen to them when The Netherlands no longer exists???

Don't worry, we've got this covered.

To return the favour, they're gonna outsource the sea to us!

Ha! Jokes on them!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nah, according to idiots, the EU will no longer exist. No holidays, no tourism, no business, nothing, we will be like the forbidden kingdom.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Haha, Austrian Tories in talks with the far right to form a coalition.

Still, Little Englanders and so on! etc! irl!

gohan

I am a FH squatter

We did it first they're just copying us because we're such a world powerhouse and stuff

Gwadien

I expected more of you.

Some continental Europeans have seen literally millions of asylum seekers come into their country over a couple of years.

We've had a few thousand.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I expected more of you.

Some continental Europeans have seen literally millions of asylum seekers come into their country over a couple of years.

We've had a few thousand.

Yup, and the percentage of people voting for far right parties reflect that.

But that doesn't stop morons from going on and on about far right people in UK politics, despite only a tiny percentage (2%?) of the vote going to the far right here.

Edit. As the poster above you demonstrates...

Gwadien

But that doesn't stop morons from going on and on about far right people in UK politics, despite (2%?) of the vote going to the far right here.

That's because some people are inherently selfish and immoral :)

gohan

I am a FH squatter

But that doesn't stop morons from going on and on about far right people in UK politics, despite only a tiny percentage (2%?) of the vote going to the far right here.

Erm nowhere did I say that we had voted in the far right? I said our tory government formed a coalition with a far right party.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The DUP aren't far right racists. They welcome all to the group of hateful cunts.

gohan

I am a FH squatter
they won't tho, pride overides brains all day long. They can't be seen to go back on it

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
they won't tho, pride overides brains all day long. They can't be seen to go back on it

They've got a hard choice ahead of them then because as it's looking right now it will either be:

The Conservatives go down in history as the party that fucked the UK beyond repair and will have a constant up hill fight to ever get elected again

or

The Conservatives reverse Brexit and leave voters are sat outside of Parliament screaming at them for a few months but as a result the country doesn't get shafted royally

Not a hard choice really! (if you're not a fucking spastic Tory like May and Co that is)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They've got a hard choice ahead of them then because as it's looking right now it will either be:

The Conservatives go down in history as the party that fucked the UK beyond repair and will have a constant up hill fight to ever get elected again

or

The Conservatives reverse Brexit and leave voters are sat outside of Parliament screaming at them for a few months but as a result the country doesn't get shafted royally

Not a hard choice really! (if you're not a fucking spastic Tory like May and Co that is)

There's a third choice; the EFTA route. It solves all the problems and would make people like @Job desperately unhappy, while strictly fulfilling the Brexit mandate (which is only to leave the EU, nothing else). Win all round.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Of course..that is her dream, even if it means she needs 24/7 security and cant walk the streets.
Fame makes up for it, all she ever wanted.

Job

or

And the EU is given green light for fedarilism, Europe wide laws, right down to persinal rights and behaviour...then theyll start a fuckin war with Russia, destroy the continent and having an 'EU' will go down in history as a nono.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
And the EU is given green light for fedarilism, Europe wide laws, right down to persinal rights and behaviour...then theyll start a fuckin war with Russia, destroy the continent and having an 'EU' will go down in history as a nono.

The already are europe wide laws, including personal rights (and GDPR is going to massibely boost that next year) and has been for decades it has not caused a war yet

The UK will still have to comply with many of these laws if it wants to do business with the EU, especially regarding personal rights

Job

Anyone see the bbc2 mini doc on the Calias migrant camp.
Not sure if it was actually being ironic...all it needed to finish it off would be sinister music when interviewing the police.
All the migrants were asylum seekers, all the charity workers were hopeless hippies, every migrant interviewed was trying to get to the UK to become a doctor.
Sad music played as they filmed the cleared site..of course the.migrants still turn up, mainly because the hopeless hippies had set up soup kitchens to feed them.
It was beyond biased..not a single mention of why they had to leave France so badly, not an ounce of sympathy for truckers losing thousands in damage to goods and trucks.
Every interaction shown was truckers chasing migrants off their vehicles, like they were part of the white oppression.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
The already are europe wide laws, including personal rights (and GDPR is going to massibely boost that next year) and has been for decades it has not caused a war yet

The UK will still have to comply with many of these laws if it wants to do business with the EU, especially regarding personal rights

That really is incredible insight there m8. So if we want to trade with the EU we have to comply with EU laws? That's a bit shit, as if we trade with the US (our biggest single export partner - without a trade deal) we can just ignore what the FDA etc have to say.

Oh wait.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
That really is incredible insight there m8. So if we want to trade with the EU we have to comply with EU laws? That's a bit shit, as if we trade with the US (our biggest single export partner - without a trade deal) we can just ignore what the FDA etc have to say.

Oh wait.

If you read jobs post he seemed to be under the impression that the uk would not

But now you get to follow EU laws without having any say in how they are made :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
If you read jobs post he seemed to be under the impression that the uk would not

But now you get to follow EU laws without having any say in how they are made :)

Again, much like we do with the US you mean?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

People keep saying this, but we aren't the ones refusing to follow them now :) You will find the level of compliance in the EU is tiny. The Germans, Dutch and UK are pretty much the only ones that bother following them, half the time.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No deal = no supply-chain. Chinese freight often lands in super-ports like Zeebrugge and is then trunked to the UK. No deal means there is no legal basis for this to happen. Having to ship directly to UK ports will also increase cost and where is the capacity to do this coming from?

It would be a car-crash.

I think we can cope with unloading boats.

'World's biggest ship' in first UK visit

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I think we can cope with unloading boats.

'World's biggest ship' in first UK visit
It's not a case of the size of the boat. It's about the capacity to unload, store, process and the extra customs burden ongoing. Some shipments just do land at Zeebrugge and are driven across Europe from there and they do that because it is more efficient for certain types of goods to do it that way. They wouldn't do it if it was less efficient. They aren't stupid. That will all stop. Suppliers will have to create new routes. That will increase costs. Our ongoing capacity to land and cross-dock stock is not sufficient to cover it. New warehouses don't just build themselves.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I know they don't build themselves, I build them :)

Our infrastructure is fine, we are building more rail freight hubs all over the country. Like this one Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal - Wikipedia

Besides which, we have the port capacity to unload plenty, worst case scenario, instead of EU ports unloading, it will be people in port cities here. Best (and most likely) it will stay the same with a reciprocal deal in place.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Catalonia has just declared independence.

/popcorn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom