Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Ah, some angry German minister said it, so it must be true.

lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I dont to apostrofuckees..they are pointless.

Job

This stable peaceful Europe thing is really working out for the EU.

Embattle

FH is my second home
A little bit of both quite frankly, either way it hasn't improved the situation.

Job

90% yes vote.
Presumably No voters stayed at home, hilarious, the Spanish authorities basically skewed the vote against the state by threatening the voters.
Oh these are great days.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
~42% of pop voted so actual Yes vote out of total pop was about 37%

Brexit using same method was about 28% of total pop

But yeah catalonian vote should be void due to low turnout ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's void because it is unofficial and probably attracted only people that want an independent Catalonia, as opinion poll tend to do.

It seems that it is certainly time to allow them to have the choice though.

As for Brexit figures, 28% yes, 27% no, 45% couldn't give a toss one way or the other.

You can't void a vote based on low turnout, you can only assume those that didn't vote, didn't care. Although I am pretty wary of you 28% but can't actually be arsed to look it up.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Was more of a jab at jobs skewed vote comment

I have no doubt it was skewed (they wouldnt have held the vote if it wasnt), the hardline nationalists are not the friendliest bunch (see the threats against any officials opposed to independence)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Fixed correctly :)

Stay classy, coppers under orders from the government.
Same things for cops the world over, who are *all* under orders from the state.

Didn't see anything from the spanish cops that I haven't seen from cops in the UK, or any other bunch of cops anywhere.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's just like when we sent the cops in to crush the Scottish independence movement.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Why would we send the cops to crush a legal independence vote?

I notice we didn't just fuck about with plod, but also sent the army in when the Irish got all uppity and started illegally demanding their independence tho eh?

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

I notice we didn't just fuck about with plod, but also sent the army in when the Irish got all uppity and started illegally demanding their independence tho eh?

I assume that was primarily due to the more radical element of the Irish Nats (sort of like Wings Over Scotland, but with guns - and actually based in the country they were trying to liberate) deciding to blow us up at random intervals?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing

Well to be fair they were shooting the shit out of Dublin at the time.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
All true. I was being facetious.

But we didn't send in plod to the dirty scots 'cause they weren't breaking the law. However, whenever we do send in plod, it's the same as anywhere else.

Plod likes to hit people. It's why plod applies to become a plod.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Do you believe the Spanish government's actions haven't made it worse?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Dunno why the facepalm @Embattle. :\

How I feel about the Spanish government's idiocy or lack thereof has no bearing on the global phenomenom of police brutality.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Must admit if UK Police had tried that during Indyref it would have converted me straight to a Yes, no matter how daft an idea it seemed. What happened to the usual European trick of holding referendums and just ignoring the result?

Also, isn't there something in the EU Constitution about member states using violence on their own people?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Must admit if UK Police had tried that during Indyref it would have converted me straight to a Yes, no matter how daft an idea it seemed. What happened to the usual European trick of holding referendums and just ignoring the result?

Not an EU referendum so can't use an EU trick.

Also, isn't there something in the EU Constitution about member states using violence on their own people?

If there is no-one's ever enforced it and a number of Nations would be in trouble, including the UK.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Yip. Like I said. Plod is dodgy wherever (s)he's from - we'd definitely be in trouble if the EU would (or could) enforce anything.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
lol, Barca players being booed while training with the national team.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wonder if Spain will be able to avoid sending troops in to quell rebellion in the next few days, seeing as how royally they have fucked it up politically.

I wonder what the EU will have to say then, its all well and good beating up a few old women and fireman but sending troops in will certainly have a few constitutional lawyers asking questions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom