DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm not concerned about my personal risk..which for terrorism is practically zero as long as I stay away from obvious areas..and there lies the problem, isis is on a campaign to make more and more of Europe a danger zone, if they threaten airports, would you be likely to tell a loved one maybe they should give it a miss for a few weeks, I'm not afraid of what they can do now, but what they want to be able to do.

Define "obvious areas"? Let them influence your life like that and they've won. Doesn't mean I don't worry, (my wife and kids are flying to the UK this weekend and of course you twitch a bit), but you simply can't live your life worrying about risks like that. Unless ISIS get access to an airforce the size of NATO, the statistical risk will remain small.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Tunisia, Turkey, morocco, airport lounges, train stations, tubes, markets, cinemas, concerts, tourist attractions, buses, football matches.
Risks are tiny, but you cannot have a situation where it is even considered, these areas are now under military level security, with thousands of people in the background using intelligence to second guess their next move, if you are happy to accept that as normal, then good for you.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
um, I think DaGaffer said he didn't and wouldn't. what point are you trying to make here Job? I'm understanding you less than usual I'm afraid :(

Job

Well,.he is contradicting himself a bit, get over it, personal risk is non existent..then we can all but assume he accepts terrorism as merely a risk factor like plane crashes.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Glasgow mosque leader praises extremist killer - BBC News

So this wanker in Glasgow, condemns extremism on the outside to the public, secretly gutted about the execution of an extremist in Pakistan.

This is my fucking problem with the lefties, they refuse to acknowledge that whilst not all Muslims are prepared to blow themselves up for their cause and to get to Janna on the Virgin Express, there's most certainly an undercurrent of support for what they do. In addition to the percentage of Muslims that are radicalised across the globe, what percentage of the billion or so Muslims are in support of the radicalised?

Job

Luckily most muslim youth reject Islams dislike of the west, they reject it's ultra conservative, male centered culture, they just want to be part of Kardashian air headeness as anyone.
The hardliners know they are losing the battle of young minds, this is their swansong, using the more gullible of their followers.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Luckily most muslim youth reject Islams dislike of the west, they reject it's ultra conservative, male centered culture, they just want to be part of Kardashian air headeness as anyone.
The hardliners know they are losing the battle of young minds, this is their swansong, using the more gullible of their followers.

Why do you always say the right thing but then have the incorrect response - surely this means we shouldn't be openly hostile to Islam, in order to help them reject it?

Job

We bend over backwards as the saying goes to accomodate Islam.
Allowing mosques and open worship is an unbelievable act of friendship in a christian country, one they is rarely reciprocated.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Hang on a minute, are you suggesting we don't let people choose which sky fairy they want to follow? Wouldn't that make us just as bad as them? Are you aware that you have finally jumped the shark?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We bend over backwards as the saying goes to accomodate Islam.
Allowing mosques and open worship is an unbelievable act of friendship in a christian country, one they is rarely reciprocated.
Christian country?

Jesus tittyfucking Christ :mad:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We are not a Christian country.
Our ancestors were oppressed and controlled by a self-serving group who called themselves Christian. That's about the size of it.

Job

There is no rule to show our christianity, all you can do is look at the last census, showing 60% ticking the christian box, our leaders call the country christian and the head of state is a christian and most of the churches are christian.
We celebrate christmas, easter,lent tec...so yeah I'm calling it christian

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There is no rule to show our christianity, all you can do is look at the last census, showing 60% ticking the christian box, our leaders call the country christian and the head of state is a christian and most of the churches are christian.
We celebrate christmas, easter,lent tec...so yeah I'm calling it christian
Shows how useless censuses are then. I'm always surprised when someone I know turns out to be a Christian.

Job

It doesn't mean they are a god botherers, just because they tick christian.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
We celebrate christmas, easter,

Not Christian festivals. Even if they have been stolen by Christians, we do not even celebrate them as such. In fact they are more like their pagan roots now. Feasting, seeing family and friends.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This is (ostensibly) a Christian country. Stop splitting hairs just because it's Job that said it.

Fact is, most people are agnostic. Islam doesn't see that as a strength though, unlike us, they see it as a weakness.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
This is (ostensibly) a Christian country. Stop splitting hairs just because it's Job that said it.
This.

Also @Raven you can't fucking steal a holliday. When the Christian church started their celebration of Jesus birth they did so around the pagan celebration of winter solstice because it coincided with their believes and it was convenient. It was also a way to get more followers. "You are already celebrating, why don't you come celebrate our way and listen to what we have to say"

Don't cut your nose off to spite your face.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Fuck off. How about that?

Christians did steal the celebration to spread their stupid little cult. It isn't an opinion, it is a fact.

It is not a Christian country. It was once but thankfully we are a little more enlightened now.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Church of Scotland and England are both Christian, and we've been off today to celebrate some dude waking up from a drunken stupor in a cave.

I'd say it was a pretty Christian country tbh.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So, because we have a single bank holiday that has it's roots in an old tradition we're Christian?

Does May bank holiday mean that for some of the year we're worshippers of the roman godess of flowers then?

Fuck that. We're a post-religious country. I'd happily concede we're Christian if most of us went to church at easter (or even the clearly stolen Xmas holiday) but more than half of the people who identify as loosely culturally Christian also freely deny that they are religious.

Less than a third of the UK believe in jesus, the devil or life after death. lulz, eh?

We all know some politicians have to profess their christianity so as not to alienate a small but important section of voters, but do you really think @throdgrain is identifying as christian because of his religious beliefs or because it serves as another prop which he can use to justify his hatred of muslims?

We're quite demonstrably not a majority christian country any more and the evidence shows this.

Thank fuck.

Job

We are actually becoming more christian, due to eastern european influx, previously empty churches are being filled catholic migrants.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We are actually becoming more christian, due to eastern european influx, previously empty churches are being filled catholic migrants.
Bullshit.

Immigration is not having an appreciable effect on the swathes of people deserting the church - and the evidence backs that up.

But I do find it hilarious that you're actually relying on immigrants in an attempt to back up your clearly wrong opinion :D

Job

People still see themselves as christian without going to church, they may not believe in god, but still associate themselves with the candyfloss notion of christian values, the vast majority are still baptised after birth.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Church of Scotland and England are both Christian, and we've been off today to celebrate some dude waking up from a drunken stupor in a cave.

How many people give a shit about the reason for the day off though? Then how many of them will be getting Easter eggs?

Like a lot of things they have their roots in Christian things (even though they are pagan!) but are no longer Christian. Even Christmas is no longer a Christian celebration. Also, who actually cares whether our head of state is Christian or not?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom