Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Capitalism fucks us over.

But yeah, continue to scape goating in boom and bust economies.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You keep saying that, but is UKGov better because they're our crooks? Everything I've seen suggests Theresa May would sell you all for dogfood to the lowest bidder in a heartbeat.

Nope, but we can get rid of ours (as soon as a viable party turns up). You have to wait for the nod from 26 other, mostly suckling on the generous teat, countries first. You basically have 20 countries getting paid and 7 countries paying, all the while the public actually stumping up the cash get ever more fed up with it. It really isn't going to end well, dragging it out will make it worse.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And in the time-being, until Labour unfucks itself (which let's face it could take a decade), you're at the whim of a hopeless, evil Prime Minister. And what if they fail hopelessly with Brexit negotiations? That's not something you can "get rid of".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
As opposed to a hopeless, evil (whatever their titles are) bunch of abject political failures.

OK.

Regardless, you literally have no say at all as to who governs you, and will have more authority by the month.

Very well done, very well done indeed.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
You're quite right, the people have no say whatsoever in who governs them. Except for that big fucking election that literally just happened, of course, in which lots of people had their say in who governs them.

You seem to be suggesting that the EU has been running the UK for 40-odd years. You can't actually be suggesting that though because that would be... wow... (I don't think you are suggesting that but it seems to be what you think is happening in France)

You're honestly the worst Remain voter ever.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Oh right. So lets just say I had a problem with a guy being in a position of power, that actually has a say in my life, who is quite obviously terrible at it. This guy has made a career out of ensuring people with lots of money get away with paying no tax. He loves the freebies and loves making sure his mates are OK, has no real idea what goes on in the world, been called a visionary in business, well ahead of the curve for the impending switch to French for the international language.

How would I go about voting against him? How could I have a crack at removing him?

Just curious, our country (I am desperately sorry for voting remain now they, the EU, are showing their true colours, bitter, desperate failures) got rid the only way possible...how are you going to do it?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, I have already said, time and again.

A free, democratic, federal Europe would be amazing, it truly would.

However, the only way you are going to get that is through violent revolution, not something that always ends well. The current (never faced a real ballot) bunch of fuckwits are there to say, regardless of what you think about it. Now its just going to get a whole lot worse.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Shes doing the sensible thing and ditching the name...just far too toxic and should have done it before this election...still, an amazing result for such an ultra right wing party in France.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh right. So lets just say I had a problem with a guy being in a position of power, that actually has a say in my life, who is quite obviously terrible at it. This guy has made a career out of ensuring people with lots of money get away with paying no tax. He loves the freebies and loves making sure his mates are OK, has no real idea what goes on in the world, been called a visionary in business, well ahead of the curve for the impending switch to French for the international language.

How would I go about voting against him? How could I have a crack at removing him?

Just curious, our country (I am desperately sorry for voting remain now they, the EU, are showing their true colours, bitter, desperate failures) got rid the only way possible...how are you going to do it?
Your first paragraph more or less describes any Tory government of the last 50 years. What are *you* going to do when there's no viable alternative? Spoil your ballot? That'll show 'em!

You "got rid the only way possible" and signed yourselves up for uncertainty that will be felt for generations to come (with no guarantee whatsoever that things will be better). Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

What if it gets better? You don't seem to be willing to accept that possibility at all. I think Macron getting in is the best possible thing that could happen for the immediate future of the EU - better than Fillon, a hell of a lot better than Melanchon, exponentially better than Le Pen. Everybody will chill out a bit, Merkel will probably be re-elected, the manufactured far-right mania (Trump fans, Russia, etc) will subside.

Shes doing the sensible thing and ditching the name...just far too toxic and should have done it before this election...still, an amazing result for such an ultra right wing party in France.
She'll need to change her actual name for people to even start thinking of her as a real politician. Her father did too much damage.

Job

He also knifed her in the back just before the vote..or was that staged to further distance her from him.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Nope, but we can get rid of ours (as soon as a viable party turns up). You have to wait for the nod from 26 other, mostly suckling on the generous teat, countries first. You basically have 20 countries getting paid and 7 countries paying, all the while the public actually stumping up the cash get ever more fed up with it. It really isn't going to end well, dragging it out will make it worse.

But you never, ever do. The country votes for Tory or Tory-lite (nuLabour) every time, and they're all exactly the same; they just happen to be British.

And so what if seven countries pay for 28? Is it really any different from the UK (where the Home Counties pay for everyone else) other than in terms of scale?

Job

So Macron played the EU instead of the French anthem at his victory speech...looks like game on.

Embattle

FH is my second home
He can play what he wants, I suspect he'll be spending a lot of time being unable to resolve the differences inside France to worry about the EU.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That will go down well in industrial France :D

Job

To me its perfect, the right have given them a scare, but holy shit, we couldn't actually have LePen in charge, it would be chaos, as much as I hate the EU, you can't just throw a bomb in there and expect anything but carnage.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
He (Macron) should be President just long enough to rush through his wife's bus pass!

11+ Mill voted LePen, not an insignificant amount. Another shot across the bow of the EU mothership.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye, 11 million French people voted for an actual far right politician.

France has 11 million racists apparently, according to some posters here.

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
France has 11 million racists apparently, according to some posters here.
Jeesus tittyfucking christ raven. Bang that drum much? You're literally the *only* person on here that's hitting that line hard.

Must be because you voted brexit but are really butthurt that somebody somewhere labelled you with the racist tag, sometime early last year...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Hitting that line hard, being one post.

Righto.

Do you really need to be to trawl through the mountains of drivel you post to pull out the times that you categorically called leave voters "Little Englanders" or "racist" ?

You can't have it both ways, people in the UK voted to leave the UK (for many, many reasons) and you are your co-idiots agreed that they were racist, xenophobic, ill educated, blah blah blah. We didn't vote for the far right, UKIP got, what was it? 3-4 million votes at the general election? for a moderate party when compared to the French National Front, now they have done a job (ish) they will disappear...in France...not so much.

Come back when the BNP take it to the line.

Last edited:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
It's been said MANY times in this thread alone by "some posters here" that nobody here thinks that ALL Leave voters are racist but that ALL the racists most likely voted to Leave. If you can't grasp the difference between those 2 statements then that's on you I'm afraid. And every time it comes up you say "but muhhhhhh all Leave voters must be racist muhhhhhh". It's your kneejerk response, it's hardly "one post" (hence "hitting that line hard").

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Anyway, I have already said, time and again.

A free, democratic, federal Europe would be amazing, it truly would.

However, the only way you are going to get that is through violent revolution, not something that always ends well. The current (never faced a real ballot) bunch of fuckwits are there to say, regardless of what you think about it. Now its just going to get a whole lot worse.

Part of the problem is the lack of a common language... that's one of the big benefits to the US.
You can't achieve a lot of the benefits of a federal europe without it.

Also lots of bits of a truly federal europe would be shit. eg US states getting christian conservatives in power and shutting down abortion clinics through targeted legislation.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It's been said MANY times in this thread alone by "some posters here" that nobody here thinks that ALL Leave voters are racist but that ALL the racists most likely voted to Leave. If you can't grasp the difference between those 2 statements then that's on you I'm afraid. And every time it comes up you say "but muhhhhhh all Leave voters must be racist muhhhhhh". It's your kneejerk response, it's hardly "one post" (hence "hitting that line hard").

Oh, I know the difference. We both know that isn't the case though, that is why I used the word "categorically"

Again, a quick search is all we need here...

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Part of the problem is the lack of a common language...
The queen, Tea-time and bacon only carried you so far, at least on this forum. What's Britains goal with it's existence now one might ask.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Jeesus tittyfucking christ raven. Bang that drum much? You're literally the *only* person on here that's hitting that line hard.

Must be because you voted brexit but are really butthurt that somebody somewhere labelled you with the racist tag, sometime early last year...

That Poster heard it on BBC News 24 last night. They called it worrying that more than 11 million people in France voted for LePen and her beliefs.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
it's hardly "one post" (hence "hitting that line hard").
Yip. He's banging on about something that nobody said so hard it's a case of "methinks the lady doth protest too much".

He'll probably accuse you of being "shouty" next :\

Job

Just a reminder that the UK was measured as the 2nd most powerful country on the planet by one study, the lowest has it at 4th and its always above Germany and France.
Adding up our soft power..economic might and influence, ability to project power around the globe and political influence.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Oh, I know the difference. We both know that isn't the case though, that is why I used the word "categorically"

Again, a quick search is all we need here...
Off you pop, then. Here's a quick search of this thread for the word racist to get you started. Notice one user saying it more than everybody else? On most pages of that search there's more than one instance of you saying some variation of "Remain voters think Leave voters are racists" or "omg 52% of the population are racists" etc etc etc. Why are you pretending that this isn't something you've said multiple times over the past year?! We'll narrow it down to just the times you've said racist, because frankly it's fucking hilarious. Here's another search; this time it's all of the times I've said racist in this thread. Presumably I'm one of the "some posters here" you mentioned... @Scouse is probably another. You've used that word in this thread more than twice as much as @Scouse and I have, combined.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You've used that word in this thread more than twice as much as @Scouse and I have, combined.
Thanks for posting that - it's worse than I thought! A cursory look clearly shows the context of his usage too.

Raven's properly being a bummer. As usual.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye like this doozy, thanks.

All good but for being surrounded by 52% of definitely racist bigots ;)

Ergo, logic dictates that Scouse thinks 11million French are in fact racist.

Like I said...

If you think you are an idiot then I am not going to stop you, step one is acceptance after all.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Everyone else can see that italicised "definitely" and the wink at the end of the quote, right? It's not just me. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom