old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Banks and financial institutions run all of their IT from English-speaking Indian technology companies. I sat in a meeting with four Indian guys who had no choice but to speak English because neither of them spoke the same native Indian language (Hindi, Tamil, Gujarati and Telugu if memory serves). English is going nowhere, especially for the banks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Don't worry, Juncker will personally ensure that all those Indian fellas will learn French, German, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Danish, Greek, Portugese, whatever language they speak in the Baltic and all other regional dialects therein.

Just after the next bottle of plonk.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
The French don't like English language permeation - email?! non! courrier electronique! ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
French (ish) regional dialect.

Everyone better start learning it so they can deal with the 400k that live there.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
When GMT was accepted worldwide as the time merdian, the French refused to mention it, instead it was called Paris mean time minus nine.

Just sums them up.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well to be fair to them, they cannot get over us being "better" than them at every step in the last 1000 years and then to top it off, saving their country.

The history and competitiveness between us is old and long winded. We got over it ages ago though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Aye, but the bit I like was where they instantly claimed that there were some made up bits in it, despite never in a million years having the time to go through it yet.

Which makes me think 3 things.

That either they expect some shit to rise to the top.
That they have an army of investigators to go through and verify 9gig of email and word docs in the space of a few hours.
That they have said it as a "just in case"

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Edit, assuming a typical email is 50kb ish, that is is roughly 180,000 emails to trawl through, obviously it will be made up of word docs, PDFs and so on but still, 9 gig is a hell of a lot of data, especially if it was compressed.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
They only need to plant one or two emails early in the logical search order, job jobbed.

But yeah. Who dya trust?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I think the whole this is just to confuse people. If there was something concrete then they would have released it earlier but I am not entirely happy with Macron's response.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Aye, but the bit I like was where they instantly claimed that there were some made up bits in it, despite never in a million years having the time to go through it yet.

Which makes me think 3 things.

That either they expect some shit to rise to the top.
That they have an army of investigators to go through and verify 9gig of email and word docs in the space of a few hours.
That they have said it as a "just in case"
Because they literally didn't have time to do anything about it because of the enforced 48 hour media blackout in the run up to the second round vote. So even if they spent the next 2 days going through them, they wouldn't be able to tell anybody. This was the best (and indeed only) response that they could've made in the minutes running up to the 10pm deadline. Just like Macron instantly telling Le Pen that it would be defamation if she said he had offshore accounts. It's just her and the Russians making some desperate last attempts to swing the election.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
How dare the Russians try to interfere in the French elections. That's Junckers job.

georgie

FH is my second home
I don't get it. Is that meant to be embarrassing?
It seems to me to be a bunch of measured responses (given before the referendum) as to why she thought remain was the better choice.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No. For obvious reasons. :)
What obvious reasons?

Properly democratic federalised EU would be really good. Especially if we focussed hard on a very good and well-rounded education for the population that was designed to bring about thinking humans rather than drones for industry.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Drones for industry are the bread and butter of the EU

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I'd argue even more that happens in the UK. EU citizens that I've met seem to have a more rounded education IMO. Since the 1980's I think we've lost a lot of our progressive outlook in the educational arena.

I could be wrong. It could be equal to the UK and EU. But it's kind of irrelevant anyway - my point was I'd like a federalised europe and a vastly better education system.

I've not got kids, so I wouldn't directly benefit in any way. But well-educated people are much nicer to be around, and the countries they reside in are much nicer places to live - so if we want a better world (and a better democracy) then less dumb people would be a good start. And if we want a more interesting one an education system that teaches people to think and gives them a broad world view rather than simply prepares them for jobs that are going to be replaced by machines anyway then I'd vote for that.

Wang the taxes up if need be. For all, of course (instead of just for the poor, as per usual)...

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Rich people will tire of machines, because there's no fun in being richer than them.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Really and this is based on your extensive knowledge of various EU states educational systems? :)

Having experienced three EU states and the UKs own educational systems personally my impression is that the UK is far more about regurgitating drones than any ive encountered or heard about in the rest of the EU

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Now watch as the EU makes efforts to sort its shit out (they absolutely adore Macron and if he says they need reform I reckon they'll listen) and the UK is left mournfully looking in from the outside.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
"Looking in" "k"

It's amazing you think this is the end. All it is, is a message to your unelected masters that more is better.

The backlash is still coming :)

We have seen ours off, yours just took it to the wire.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Who said anything about it being the end? The far right have got close in the Netherlands and were rejected and they got close in France and were rejected (by even more than the polls suggested). The "backlash" (fuelled no end by interference from Russia) has been squarely told where to go. Macron isn't a perfect candidate by any stretch of the imagination but I reckon he'll be a stellar President; he's young, not part of the "status quo", a polyglot who is already popular in Brussels. It could all go spectacularly tits up but it could be the kick that the EU needs to start making some (long overdue) changes.

You said (or rather you desperately hoped) that Le Pen would win and she didn't. She'll probably try again next time around but who's to say what the political landscape will be by then? She was only so "popular" this time because of timing re: Brexit and Trump. She would probably have still made it through to the second round but the final gap would've been much bigger.

And what on earth do you mean by "seen ours off"? "Yours" had a large part to play in the vote for Brexit so er yeah, good job seeing them off. You really showed them!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
mmm. But being in the Eu is kind of shit and essentially showing your arse to (very) rich crooks.

Yeah...well done on that.

The reason she is popular is because lots of people who like working, can't. That isn't going to get better...probably ever...so yeah. Good luck etc.

The shadow looms, we saw ours early, yeah it saw Brexit (Best thing to happen for us, the desperate floundering of the unelected failures proves as much) but the true right wing didn't infiltrate our government and is now basically done, France, yeah...not so much.

Last edited:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
mmm. But being in the Eu is kind of shit and essentially showing your arse to (very) rich crooks.

You keep saying that, but is UKGov better because they're our crooks? Everything I've seen suggests Theresa May would sell you all for dogfood to the lowest bidder in a heartbeat.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
After all, Tory governments are world-renowned for taking from the rich and giving to the poor.

That's not the reason, it's one of the reasons. Another being the attacks in France over the last 18 months and general anti-muslim sentiment. All of this has been amplified by referendum/election results elsewhere over the past 10 months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom