Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Not without freedom of movement, at least in all but name.

Which, considering I don't give a shit about immigration, wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Which, considering I don't give a shit about immigration, wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Then you need to vote for the LibDems as they seem to be the only party that hasn't painted itself into an ideological corner.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
By that you mean to say the only party that hasn't said anything, at all.

Oh, except, Brexit, Brrrrrr.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Do keep up. The language we are using is today is English.

Usually when someone says subject (comma) statement, it means exactly that.

So, now we have understood the basics of English we can see from the statement "oh, except Brexit, Brrrrr" that it means that the only thing the Lib Dems have to say on the subject is Brrrrr.

Bodhi

Then you need to vote for the LibDems as they seem to be the only party that hasn't painted itself into an ideological corner.

Ahahahahahah. Vote Lib Dem indeed.

Funny.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Here are a few arguments against voting for them.

They have absolutely nothing to say except how bad of an idea they think Brexit is. (Bit late now mates!) Why on earth would you want a pro EU clusterfuck negotiating our withdrawal?

They are led by a swivel eyed, homophobic ultra Christian, who just happens to look like a sock puppet.

They backtracked on all of their promises when offered a whipping boy position as the Tory stooge.

Yeah, Lib Dems, I am surprised they even bother.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I know its just pic with no context..but doesnt this make you question how you feel about these negotiations.

Screenshot_2017-05-04-22-38-37-1.png

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
He is wearing bright red nazi knickers and suspenders under his savile row suit.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
May and Corbyn both want a hard-brexit for different reasons. Regardless of reasons they are fucking idiots. I'm all for a LibDem vote.

As for the homophobia of Farron, who gives a fuck what his sky-fairy tells him? The point is, as a traditional liberal, his views on what people should do in their personal life don't affect what rights he thinks we should have to live our lives as we choose. He has consistently voted for LGBT rights and such because it's nobody else's business where you or I stick our cocks (consenting adults proviso obviously).

I'd rather he wasn't a god-botherer and I'd rather they had a different leader but as the only major(ish) party defending single-market membership they'll still get my vote.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
My mum gets upset if i call her going to church god bothering. Lol

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
May and Corbyn both want a hard-brexit for different reasons. Regardless of reasons they are fucking idiots. I'm all for a LibDem vote.

As for the homophobia of Farron, who gives a fuck what his sky-fairy tells him? The point is, as a traditional liberal, his views on what people should do in their personal life don't affect what rights he thinks we should have to live our lives as we choose. He has consistently voted for LGBT rights and such because it's nobody else's business where you or I stick our cocks (consenting adults proviso obviously).

I'd rather he wasn't a god-botherer and I'd rather they had a different leader but as the only major(ish) party defending single-market membership they'll still get my vote.

Not entirely true... Tim Farron, former MP, Westmorland and Lonsdale - TheyWorkForYou

However, I completely agree with you, it seems that the media is hellbent on undermining the LibDems for some bizarre reason, and I've seen articles suggesting that he's never been pro-LGBT rights and always voted no, however, the link I posted about suggested otherwise.

I'm going to be voting LibDems this time 'round I think as I think they're the only sensible option going at the minute.

However, where I live it doesn't really make a difference, 'cos Keith Vaz.

It would be nice to live in a place where your vote actually has an impact :p

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I am not even suggesting vote Labour/Tory, they are all a shower of shitbags, there is literally no party worth voting for. Tories will win by an absolute landslide. The only vote worth casting is for everyone who thinks similarly to void their ballot. MPs could not give a toss about people who don't vote. They do however care about people who want to engage with the political process but don't vote for them.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
I think Junckers public statements over the years probably contributed a few % towards voting leave. What a dickface.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Depends how he meant it tbh. If he thinks English as a language is generally losing its importance then he's a moron and/or a wind-up merchant but if he's suggesting that the UK can't rely on being an attractive proposition for multinational companies just because they speak English, he's probably on to something.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
meh, everyone speaks English in the business and political world, including MEPs. Having it as a first language is irrelevant.

He is just doing it because he is so far out of his depth its the only sort of bollocks he can say.

Bodhi

I think Junckers public statements over the years probably contributed a few % towards voting leave. What a dickface.

There's one here. I was 50:50 in the referendum until Juncker's statement the day before, that pushed me over the edge. The more he opens his mouth, the more I think I voted the right way.

I still maitain an European Union is a great idea - just not this one.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yup, a democratic, EU superstate would be great.

A collection of people in it for self interest and to serve the corporations...not so much.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
meh, everyone speaks English in the business and political world, including MEPs. Having it as a first language is irrelevant.

He is just doing it because he is so far out of his depth its the only sort of bollocks he can say.
That's my point. Two of the big arguments for banking/services not upping sticks and moving to the continent were the favourable timezone for dealing with America and the far east and the fact that they speak English and it's basically accepted as the language of the business world. A 1 hour time difference will mean sod all and English is learned and spoken all over Europe. So *if* (and it's a big if) he meant what I said in the second half of the previous post, he's got a point.

Bodhi

Not even a European Superstate, maybe just a European Community, where everyone can trade with each other and work in each others countries, without some failed politicians in Brussels trying to make it one big country...

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Macron has been making noises since the first round about the need for reform in the EU (echoing what Melanchon said throughout his campaign). Wouldn't it be something if the UK leaves and then the EU sits up and starts making changes...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
That's my point. Two of the big arguments for banking/services not upping sticks and moving to the continent were the favourable timezone for dealing with America and the far east and the fact that they speak English and it's basically accepted as the language of the business world. A 1 hour time difference will mean sod all and English is learned and spoken all over Europe. So *if* (and it's a big if) he meant what I said in the second half of the previous post, he's got a point.

Native language has never mattered. Banks and financial companies are not in London because of the native language. They are there because at the moment it suits them, for numerous reasons. Frankly if you aren't using English you get left behind. Ifs not some pride in England because it is mostly thanks to the US in the modern world.

I work for a multinational company, all correspondence is in English even though we are only a small cog. Even the Dutch arm working with the French arm.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Four reasons why banks won't leave the City of London after Brexit
The UK offers banks and their employees an opportunity to exist in a cultural environment which is welcoming and, just as importantly, where business is conducted in English.

Never underestimate the power of language when it comes to location decisions.
That's one of several articles written to highlight the positives of banking remaining post-Brexit.

If Juncker was trying to say that the fact that they speak English isn't actually a big attraction in this day and age, then he's right (and you agree with him).

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well yes, but he is attempting to claim that after we leave that it won't be conducted in English...because essentially, he is a complete moron.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
How about those secret Cayman Island accounts of Macron? ;)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
If they exist, they have about 48 hours to prove it or it will be too late :)

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyway, I bet Tusk is absolutely livid that he can't control his alcoholic, tax dodging, lecherous side kick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom