Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
the deliberate killing of a large group of people, especially those of a particular nation or ethnic group.

Muslims - Check

Iraq/Afghanis - Check

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I say we let him in to see what happens.

At least he's honest about it, unlike a war warmongering tyrant known for some of the worst atrocities known to man, responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. Nope - not Saddam, not Hitler, but indeed a cunt we all freely voted in.

Gwadien

I say we let him in to see what happens.

At least he's honest about it, unlike a war warmongering tyrant known for some of the worst atrocities known to man, responsible for hundreds of thousands of deaths. Nope - not Saddam, not Hitler, but indeed a cunt we all freely voted in.

'We?'

:p

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Ted Cruz has called for the visa waiver program with Europe to be ripped up and called the immigration policy a disaster, whatever vote drumming this is, still an amazing statement from a presidential candidate.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
They have the right to say whatever the fuck they want, so long as it's not personal and is phrased in such a way that it's non personal. They can lie all they want, when they want, about what they want. Bit like the Daily Mail, Job, I've...been...told...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Going after visa waiver program is not gonna help, us already does checks on people (even after they have been approved) and they can, and do regularly, stop people from travelling

Often people with "suspicious" names but its not racial profiling at all no siree

Job

There is nothing quite so galling as seeing an army of left wingers suddenly deciding their policies are probably a bit crap and blaming it all on some mythical trotskies from the past.

Job

No he just simply isn't, he is merely voicing the unmentionable amongst the increasingly isolated one worlders.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No he just simply isn't, he is merely voicing the unmentionable amongst the increasingly isolated one worlders.

UK isn't in Schengen so his point is irrelevant; or is he saying "don't visit the Schengen zone because you'll get blown up"?

NB. During all the years of IRA bombings we never stopped passport free movement between the UK and Ireland.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not exactly the same thing.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
UK isn't in Schengen so his point is irrelevant; or is he saying "don't visit the Schengen zone because you'll get blown up"?

NB. During all the years of IRA bombings we never stopped passport free movement between the UK and Ireland.

We should've built a wall.

Gwadien

The bombers were Belgian and can easily source the materials to make bombs within Belgium.

It has nothing to do with immigration.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter

Well, bombings in UK has happened before the whole deal with IS (same extremist peeps, different name) and it will probably happen again, hopefully not though. Mindboggling how someone would think it would help to exit EU.

Follow Swedens example, were neutral. We let (might be past tense now) IS peeps liv here w/o any consequences, well, except for those who there's actually proof of them having done some bad stuff. Also, we let Hitler have free passage.

We are the Untouchables.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
IS are nothing at all like the IRA.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I did not mean to compare IRA to IS. Merely the bombing that happened just before IS came into play.

Merely, bombers will bomb! Then, and now.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
increasingly isolated one worlders.
You mean the already isolated low rent isolationist classes are having their small but irrelevant group numbers bolstered by morons driven by irrational fear.

Job

Yes, I do have an irrational fear of a 1.6 billion strong cult, who's followers are prepared to die for it as suicide bombs.
Such snobbery in that post Scouse, repulsion of Islamic values crosses class and education lines.

DaGaffer

Actually, it is. After the Birmingham pub bombings in the 70s there were calls to repatriate the Irish (yes, all of them) and institute border controls, not only between the UK and the Republic, but inside the UK between Britain and NI. Wiser heads prevailed, but its the same mentality; build a wall, keep 'em out and we'll be safe. A strategy that hasn't worked in the long term for anyone, ever.

DaGaffer

Yes, I do have an irrational fear of a 1.6 billion strong cult, who's followers are prepared to die for it as suicide bombs.
Such snobbery in that post Scouse, repulsion of Islamic values crosses class and education lines.

But its still an irrational fear. You ride a motorbike, sorry, your chances of killing yourself on that are literally hundreds of times higher than dying at the hands of an Islamic fundamentalist.

Job

That's not even a comparison in the same universe, my motorbike isn't a political ideology pretending to be a religion, hell bent on killing me and as many of my fellow westerners as possible.

DaGaffer

That's not even a comparison in the same universe, my motorbike isn't a political ideology pretending to be a religion, hell bent on killing me and as many of my fellow westerners as possible.

But its still more likely to kill you. The fact that you don't have a rational attitude towards risk is the point here, because you're not alone, and bad understanding of risk leads to bad decisions. Its not just The War On TerrorTM, we humans are incredibly bad at understanding the difference between real and perceived risk, which is why Americans have guns in their houses and people are terrified of flying despite the car journey to the airport being the riskiest part of the journey. Usually its down to perceived levels of control; we over-estimate our abilities to keep ourselves safe (in a car or on a bike or with a gun) and have an over-exaggerated fear of things we can't control (like a crashing plane or a terrorist).

Job

I'm not concerned about my personal risk..which for terrorism is practically zero as long as I stay away from obvious areas..and there lies the problem, isis is on a campaign to make more and more of Europe a danger zone, if they threaten airports, would you be likely to tell a loved one maybe they should give it a miss for a few weeks, I'm not afraid of what they can do now, but what they want to be able to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom