Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Just read Katie Hopkins on the Turkish prime ministers poem that he recited and got jailed for four months and banned from taking office.
Seems that is true and we have a guy in charge of a muslim country trying to enter the EU who believes
‘The minarets are our bayonets, the mosques are our barracks, the believers are our soldiers’.
Just as scary as right wing god squad politicians from the US.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Still no response from what I posted about Boris?

Hilarious.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
What do you want people to say?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
What do you want people to say?

I just wondered if anyone who supported Brexit would point out how he's a public figure who is clearly being bias and is actively censuring his staff.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
David Cameron is a public figure too, so is Corbyn.

Still not sure what your point is.

Job

Article 8 of the UN

Article 8

Indigenous individuals have the right not to be subjected to forced assimilation or destruction of their culture.

States shall provide effective mechanisms for prevention of, and redress for :

a) Any action which has the aim or effect of depriving them of their integrity as distinct peoples, or of their cultural values or ethnic identities;

b) Any action which has the aim or effect of dispossessing them of their lands, territories or resources;

c) Any form of forced population transfer which has the aim or effect of violating or undermining any of their rights;

d) Any form of forced assimilation or integration;

e) Any form of propaganda designed to promote or incite racial or ethnic discrimination against them;

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I just wondered if anyone who supported Brexit would point out how he's a public figure who is clearly being bias and is actively censuring his staff.

Looked to me like a policy email from the GLA itself rather than Boris, effectively saying try to avoid the subject in any official capacity, but feel free to vote whichever way you choose. But as soon as Boris found out it was overrulled, so meh.

I mean the email clearly didn't come from Boris, you can understand most of it for starters....

If he starts removing people from their position for backing Remain then I'll happily change my opinion, but at the moment just looks like the right hand isn't entirely sure what the left one is up to.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Article 8 of the UN
Surely you're not comparing the plight of the Native American, Aboriginies or Inuit to our first-world problems?

Irrelevant post there Job. Clutching at straws much?

Job

Yup I am, the right not to be forced into assimilation and
a) Any action which has the aim or effect of depriving them of their integrity as distinct peoples, or of their cultural values or ethnic identities.

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Sadly for you, right wing racist nut is not a protected minority.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Yup I am, the right not to be forced into assimilation and
a) Any action which has the aim or effect of depriving them of their integrity as distinct peoples, or of their cultural values or ethnic identities.

I don't think stealing cars and threatening anyone who says the word "Hillsborough" are cultural values worth protecting.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I actually agreed with you @Job when I thought you were talking about the people of Gibraltar and their right to not being invaded if we were to leave the EU. Then I realised you weren't and I cried a little inside.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Iceland is completely different to the UK in just about every way.

Job

Yes that, but I was referring to them being able to devalue and recover, rather than borrow and remain the EU's bitch for eternity.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
The Uk doesnt use euro either so whats your point? :)

Devalue and recover is part of the reason economies like greece are in such a shit state, it has allowed them to avoid major reforms for decades by papering over the cracks

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It may have worked for Greece but then it would have required the will of the people, the people just wanted to ignore it and carry on as before. They had 3 choices, take a bailout and reform, devalue and reform or carry on regardless. They picked a combination of all 3, which is why they are fucked. A nice little debt slave to the EU though.

DaGaffer

Yes that, but I was referring to them being able to devalue and recover, rather than borrow and remain the EU's bitch for eternity.

But they admit themselves in the article they got lucky; Iceland suddenly became the hippest place on Earth and stimulated a massive tourism boom; but there's a decent chance that won't last either. I love the place but I would imagine most people would visit once or twice at most; you can do most of the normal tourist stuff in 2-3 days, and there's a real risk of having too many tourists for the available infrastructure (I was there in July and most of the major attractions were mobbed).

Bodhi

I'm pretty sure the EU fudging Greece's accounts so the economy looked buoyant enough to join the Euro was a pretty big factor as well.

Job

All unknowns, but the reality in being a huge debtor to the union would be a terrible situation, as in here's 1 million migrants.

DaGaffer

All unknowns, but the reality in being a huge debtor to the union would be a terrible situation, as in here's 1 million migrants.

I don't see Ireland, or Spain, or even Cyprus having huge numbers of migrants dumped on them. Greece's situation is because they're next door to Turkey, not because of the EU

Bodhi

Even though the last big European Science project was based in Switzerland?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The last showbiz large science project was in Switzerland, shit loads of smaller projects and research is carried out in the UK, especially in the Midlands.

Job

Well Norway are an exceptional case due to not having to spend their oil cash so far.

All this doom and gloom guesswork, a lot of it is based on the idea if we leave the EU, then the entire bloc would turn their back on us, utter bollocks, this if freakin Britain ffs, have some balls you fuckers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom