Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Well fuck!

A typical 80kg bag of black tea could be bought for £90 to £100 at the beginning of the year. The company says that same bag now costs £120 to £150 at the weekly international auctions

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
lulz :)

It's the torygraph. Gotta find brexit success somewhere eh?

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Yorkshire tea is good enough anyway assuming it's actually grown in Yorkshire...

I'm going on a march because I want Britain to be about Britain

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
So all the "short term" damage to the economy could be for nothing.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Labour and Remain Tories would have to grow a spine overnight to shoot this whole mess down, which is admittedly hard to see happening.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Labour and Remain Tories would have to grow a spine overnight to shoot this whole mess down, which is admittedly hard to see happening.

I agree, but Remain have a 54 SNP seat head-start guaranteed to vote against triggering Article 50.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Well seeing as the whole thing was a gamble by the tories to get into power, they can fall on their sword and fuck it off. Its not like it will matter come the election, Labour are in such a state that they just cannot win.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
Well seeing as the whole thing was a gamble by the tories to get into power, they can fall on their sword and fuck it off. Its not like it will matter come the election, Labour are in such a state that they just cannot win.
Tragic that this is our best conceivable outcome. What a waste.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I think the MPs to watch might be those in marginal constituencies, and those in safe seats where the vote leaned heavily toward leave.

Ignoring a referendum isn't a new thing - the Swedes did it years ago when they asked the general public what they thought of changing the side of the road they drove on. The public wanted to continue driving on the left, but the government ignored them and changed the system anyway.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I think you'll find I said from the start it will never actually happen.
Though denying the democratic wishes of 14 million people on legal grounds that go against the spirit of the event is very dangerous indeed.
I suggest Gina leaves the country straight away.
Exciting times though...it's like the middle ages have broken out.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
For reference, I'm going to leave this here (this is prior to the vote - do we think this'll change?):

morgan stanley brexit.jpg

Job

Yes, but it's unlikely they will stand up and vote to remain, unless en masse they decide to go against the wish of the people, more likely a part brexit fudge will be suggested that they can sell and keep their seats.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Also, when it comes down to it, how many MPs will campaign for exit within parliament. We have a pro-EU PM, can the party really tell everyone to vote out (it will have to come down to a vote by the looks of things) I know deep down Corbyn is anti-EU but with him having pretty much zero support from MPs, they will vote however they wish anyway, he will have open revolt if he tells them to vote out.

Good times.

Looks like I was wrong that nothing can be done about it.

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Yes, but it's unlikely they will stand up and vote to remain, unless en masse they decide to go against the wish of the people, more likely a part brexit fudge will be suggested that they can sell and keep their seats.[/QUOTE
Yes, but it's unlikely they will stand up and vote to remain, unless en masse they decide to go against the wish of the people, more likely a part brexit fudge will be suggested that they can sell and keep their seats.

Going against the will of the poeple is such a facetious argument in this case though its not like 97% voted leave. You could equally argue they are going against the will of the people by parliamemt voting leave

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I think it's shit that they're letting the MPs vote.

However.

If the people who complain about this shit actually have a brain this could turn out to be one of the biggest political upsets going as @Tom says.

If Labour MPs in heavily Leave constituencies vote to Remain, then they should get slaughtered in the next General Election, same applies for the Tories etc.

But it won't happen, because we're too hellbent on our two party system.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I think the MPs to watch might be those in marginal constituencies, and those in safe seats where the vote leaned heavily toward leave.

Ignoring a referendum isn't a new thing - the Swedes did it years ago when they asked the general public what they thought of changing the side of the road they drove on. The public wanted to continue driving on the left, but the government ignored them and changed the system anyway.

True, every referendum on the EU that hasn't produced the right result has been ignored, so not sure why we thought this was going to be any different.

There's a good chance this will get voted through parliament though, it would take a brave, or indeed stupid MP to vote against the will of their constituents, and most places voted Leave.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It would be political suicide to go against their constituents.

It's a bit embarrassing for May as she thought she could just go ahead and do this....

gohan

I am a FH squatter
There isn't really (afaik) any hardcore remain supporters in leave constituencies. so can't see it changing anything. if the mps vote against their constituency then they're not doing their job properly. unfortunate tho it is, the vote in parliament will most likely mirror the ref, possibly even more towards leave as the population doesn't exactly tie up to areas, the London vote will count for far less now

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I read earlier that, if there's an appeal, it could legally end up in the European Court.

Job

Yup, it just get's better.
Real turning point for the judiciary against government against the people.
This is all the makings of La Revolution.

bainteor

Banned
If ever there was an argument against democracy, the British have eloquently demonstrated this in the form of this utter shambles. To us observers, it is both entertaining and poignant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom