Shadowlord Society stealing Guard of Valor

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Another week, another artifact stealing thread.

Sort it out on Rightnow - whines here wont achieve a thing.

Nibor

One of Freddy's beloved
Hi XFied, as a SS GM there is nothing i can do for you, now you brought this to FH. Why should I trust your words more then the words of my own members. Bring it to RightNow, if Tepes gets banned for that, SS will be happy to get the arti for you.

Regards Nibor Hood

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
scorge said:
Not sure but, mincer out of group hits danos, and runs (or tries too) kite adds away, rest of group pull danos and you get no adds.

Have done a similiar thing with a scout to pull danos and run, rest of group pull danos and you dont get the adds.

That means ur saying Tepes pulled it first as he got the adds.
And the mincer hit Danos after so he didnt get adds.
That means mincer broke CoC and not Tepes.

According to that story...

But only logs can determine who is right and who is wrong.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Nibor said:
Hi XFied, as a SS GM there is nothing i can do for you, now you brought this to FH.

Just out of curiosity, why does bringing it onto FH mean you can do nothing?

Nibor said:
Why should I trust your words more then the words of my own members.

Would you trust his words over your own members more if he PMed you instead of putting it on FH??

Think i must be missing something :eek7:

:(

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Tharion said:
That means ur saying Tepes pulled it first as he got the adds.
And the mincer hit Danos after so he didnt get adds.
That means mincer broke CoC and not Tepes.

According to that story...

But only logs can determine who is right and who is wrong.

or that infuriate gave danos more aggro and he switched targets, not sure about that one, normally we let the scout die and pull danos on his way back. Not sure if the aggro will switch if mincer/scout is still alive.

But like you say the truth is in the logs :)

Marc

FH is my second home
scorge said:
Just out of curiosity, why does bringing it onto FH mean you can do nothing?

Would you trust his words over your own members more if he PMed you instead of putting it on FH??

Think i must be missing something :eek7:

:(

Well what did he have to gain from bringing it to FH with the title "SHADOWLORDS SOCIETY STEAL GOV"? Yes hes apologised for flaming a guild for the actions of a couple of its members (even though it looks like they did nothing wrong) but the damage is still done. If he had got in touch with a GM first and explained the situation rather then comming on here shouting the odds he would of found Nibor in much accomodating mood. Most of the FH community (not the necro PLd noobs) know Nibor and respect him for what he is. I bet you dont even know who he is, and these people will also know that he is probably the nicest person currently playing DAoC at the moment and hes now angry, because rather than try and sort this out through the proper chanels he tarnished a guilds name over it, a guild that Nibor is proud of. So tell me, whay should Nibor accomodate him now?

You arent missing something, you just dont undertsand

Marczje

Fledgling Freddie
Havent read all posts so not sure if its mentioned, but it seems if the item drops to the ground it hasnt been given to an owner, so it is not breaking the coc if u take the arti.. heard it usually gets deleted on the other char

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
If he had got in touch with a GM first and explained the situation rather then comming on here shouting the odds he would of found Nibor in much accomodating mood.

Umm your saying that if Xfied kept it quiet then he would of be "accomadated better", sounds like extortion :eek6: Your not a politician are you :eek7:

:)

Marc said:
So tell me, whay should Nibor accomodate him now?

Maybe because he is a RESPECTED Guild Master, like you said.

Sarcon

Fledgling Freddie
Platin said:
Ehm, you were asked once lol. No, I didn't sell that som. I traded it for jacinas sash and I have never sold an artifact above 5p(which was a winged helm about 10 years ago :)). If I got another som I would probably sell it tho! Did I say it was horribly morally wrong?
Because it makes it ALOT better that you trade it and not sell :touch:
That the exact same thing lol... and also makes its better that you didn't sell the items for uber prices, rofl so funny to read ^^

ps. don't have anything against ppl who sell arte's though it think its better to let ppl who need em get

Marc

FH is my second home
scorge said:
Umm your saying that if Xfied kept it quiet then he would of be "accomadated better", sounds like extortion :eek6: Your not a politician are you :eek7:

:)

wtf are you on about. I didnt say keep it quiet, i said go through the proper chanels, ie contact a gm before spouting stuff on here. If you are just to stupid to understand then dont bother posting.

scorge said:
Maybe because he is a RESPECTED Guild Master, like you said.

Being a respected guild master has nothing to do with it and that is probably the most stupid post I have ever seen anyone make. Arsene Wenger is a highly respected football manager. Alex ferguson slags his TEAM off. Is Wenger gonna greet him with open arms? of course hes not. Do you understand now or would you like some more examples of how respect has nothing to do with it?

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Marczje said:
Havent read all posts so not sure if its mentioned, but it seems if the item drops to the ground it hasnt been given to an owner, so it is not breaking the coc if u take the arti.. heard it usually gets deleted on the other char

if someone not part of the raid that's after it takes it then there's been cases in the past where a GM has given that character a ban and deleted the item.

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm ofc at the begining u dunno who to believe ..but .. Xfied explain how did Tepes managed to get the adds ..u said it ...i mean no1 is stupid to pull the adds of some1 who s killing an arty mob.. i mean u go an hit the named :p . Another thing .. u got Danos only..thats weird ..cause indeed only if one of u puled Danos after Tepes generated the whole agro by beeing the 1st puller .. u can get him all alone ..u never mentioned killing adds anywhere just that u were dmging Danos .
What i would like to hear is the comment of ur grp's puller Xfied ..who was he ..a mincy .. with a pet indeed .. and to hear his side of story .. and the screenie where Danos walks alone and ur puller beeing the 1st . And oh yes ..a player from your grp said affirmative to the fact that he was the 1 saying " No comprendre" ..well Tepes sais he got that answer when he asked why u puled his mob? ...so i ask u Xfied ..why the player from ur grp gave an answer like that ? well hope u ll sort it out .. cause indeed this is not the thread we want to see here .

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
wtf are you on about. I didnt say keep it quiet, i said go through the proper chanels, ie contact a gm before spouting stuff on here. If you are just to stupid to understand then dont bother posting.

Oh i see now, you would prefer the proper channels, then a forum where things are more transparent, thats understandable :)

Marc said:
Being a respected guild master has nothing to do with it and that is probably the most stupid post I have ever seen anyone make. Arsene Wenger is a highly respected football manager. Alex ferguson slags his TEAM off. Is Wenger gonna greet him with open arms? of course hes not. Do you understand now or would you like some more examples of how respect has nothing to do with it?

So respect has nothing to do with having an open mind or treating people equally.

Since you have tried to show an analogy between Alex ferguson and Arsene wenger with regards to what respect means. I think your were refering that they have none for each other?

Please look at the following link, And yes please give me some more examples :)

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,291-1324910,00.html

Respect at the heart of rivalry for best of enemies
"....Funny, that, because the constant barbs between the managers, which yesterday gave way to grudging declarations of mutual respect.."

Platin

Fledgling Freddie
Sarcon said:
Because it makes it ALOT better that you trade it and not sell :touch:
That the exact same thing lol... and also makes its better that you didn't sell the items for uber prices, rofl so funny to read ^^

ps. don't have anything against ppl who sell arte's though it think its better to let ppl who need em get

omg rofl rofl lol :sex:

Okey.

No, But it sort of tells I'm not some plat greedy git who's collecting em for the fun, I don't do it 24/7. I did it out of the only reason that I couldn't do jacinas since i've been told its a very hard encounter and I'm constantly broke - so i traded it.

Mathiyn

Fledgling Freddie
Well this is an excert from the 1.70 patch notes

Danos now drops the Guard of Valor artifact as treasure, instead of placing it on the ground for any player to pick up.

Keres now drops the Wings Dive artifact as treasure, instead of placing it on the ground for any player to pick up.

So it would seem that this kind of contention with the THE most contentious artifact in the game imo will be fixed for good. So after the patch to NF we'll all know exactly who steals the artifact as it will go to the person/s doing the most damage. After that there would be more concrete evidence as to who broke the CoC as the artifact would be in the backpack of the offending parties.

Not that its going to stop "xyz stole my artifact grumble, grumble, grumble", but should be able to point the finger in the general direction.

However, lets not forget the blindingly obvious underlying problem here. Excal players (and not just us, but it seems that way from what I have heard from other people playing the game) have such a tribal attitude towards the game and the other people in it. If XYZ is not in the same guild/alliance then they are shown distrust. If we pulled together, worked together, just as we are actually playing together, then we would a powerful force on this server, instead of the huge bunch of individuals we see ourselves as.

Marc

FH is my second home
No it doesnt. Because if someone goes and bad mouths something you hold dear why should you give that person the time of day? Another example. I could be the nicest person in the world but if one of my mates bad mouthed my mother and then asked for a favour im pretty sure I would lean against telling him to kiss my arse.

As for the proper channels, of course its better to try and sort it out in game with a GM or failing that using right now. I really cant understand your reasoning behind the points you make. You think that its better to use these forums for things like that, well seeing as though you have only been a member of these boards for 20 seconds I will let you off that, but the bit about Nibor should welcome his comments with the preverbial open arms because, as I put it, "Is a highly respected person of the DAoC community" is utter utter Garbage. He bad mouthed SS then excpects the co operation of the SS Gm's. Human nature son, human nature.

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
I can guarantee you that Nibor is one of the most respected guys out there. Not just by us in the SS, but by lots of the DAoC community who have spoke/dealt with him. He is fair, honest and very very commited to fair play. Your original post title says what respect you have for guilds, none at all. How dare you flame a whole guild for something like that. If a few members are to blame (and from reading the posts, i don't see how) flame them. Why did you use the guildname in the title. You must have a fancy grasp of the english language if you claim you didnt know what you were doing. And, if it was that much of a problem why not PM a member of SS to get a senior or GL to answer you ??. We would not have given a "non comprende" answer. We take these allegations very seriuosly. But, instead you came to FH to flame. Not the actions of somebody who wants it sorted fast, cleanly without the bullshit that comes with a post like this. I would like to see the reply from a GM or even RightNow to this one. Lots of questions have been asked about the adds, which you have not given a straight answer for. And, to say that it would have been kept on the "hush hush" is really stupid. You really think by bringing it to FH that things are gonna be all sunshine and lollypops?.
The only thing it will do is
A) Find out who puled Danos first and who GoV belongs to
B) Result in you giving your guild a very bad name for being to quick to come to FH instead of the normal PM channels ingame.
C) Make you out to be a lair, and pull stealing an arti after somebody else has pulled it
D) Make out somebody else to be a liar.

So, nothing good will come from FH. (no disrespect to FH though). Apart from pages of flame, accusations and more bullshit.

So, my question to you, Xfied is, Why did you bring it to FH?? What did you hope to achive by bringing it to FH?? Why didn't you contact a SS member as soon as it happened??

Also, before you ponder the answers...try to answer honestly, don't try to baffle with crap and misdirection. Pure honest answers are all that are needed. Because, that is what you would have gotten off Nibor, if you would have just asked him.

Knolan

Fledgling Freddie
Heath said:
I can guarantee you that Nibor is one of the most respected guys out there. Not just by us in the SS, but by lots of the DAoC community who have spoke/dealt with him. He is fair, honest and very very commited to fair play. Your original post title says what respect you have for guilds, none at all. How dare you flame a whole guild for something like that. If a few members are to blame (and from reading the posts, i don't see how) flame them. Why did you use the guildname in the title. You must have a fancy grasp of the english language if you claim you didnt know what you were doing. And, if it was that much of a problem why not PM a member of SS to get a senior or GL to answer you ??. We would not have given a "non comprende" answer. We take these allegations very seriuosly. But, instead you came to FH to flame. Not the actions of somebody who wants it sorted fast, cleanly without the bullshit that comes with a post like this. I would like to see the reply from a GM or even RightNow to this one. Lots of questions have been asked about the adds, which you have not given a straight answer for. And, to say that it would have been kept on the "hush hush" is really stupid. You really think by bringing it to FH that things are gonna be all sunshine and lollypops?.
The only thing it will do is
A) Find out who puled Danos first and who GoV belongs to
B) Result in you giving your guild a very bad name for being to quick to come to FH instead of the normal PM channels ingame.
C) Make you out to be a lair, and pull stealing an arti after somebody else has pulled it
D) Make out somebody else to be a liar.

So, nothing good will come from FH. (no disrespect to FH though). Apart from pages of flame, accusations and more bullshit.

So, my question to you, Xfied is, Why did you bring it to FH?? What did you hope to achive by bringing it to FH?? Why didn't you contact a SS member as soon as it happened??

Also, before you ponder the answers...try to answer honestly, don't try to baffle with crap and misdirection. Pure honest answers are all that are needed. Because, that is what you would have gotten off Nibor, if you would have just asked him.

i dont really think 1 guy like that can fuck up you guild's rep/name tbh. when so many people work for a good rep/name for he guild there is no way 1 guy can give u a bad name then imo.

Tharion

Fledgling Freddie
Knolan said:
i dont really think 1 guy like that can fuck up you guild's rep/name tbh. when so many people work for a good rep/name for he guild there is no way 1 guy can give u a bad name then imo.

And still there is no proof who was the bad guy.
We need the logs.

Marc

FH is my second home
If i recall in an earlier post he mentioned he tried to get hold of an SS GM but guild members couldnt help him so im not sure wether he meant SS guildies didnt know who the GM's were so they couldnt give him a name or wether there wasnt an SS GM online, i would presume he meant the latter. You might not be able to remember your actual name Heath (Homer, in case you were struggling) but im sure you could name the SS GM's :)

Marc

FH is my second home
Knolan said:

Beeks gives synergy a bad name :(

j/k :fluffle:

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Knolan said:

True, bit it really gets on my tits when i see something about the guild i have been in for over 2 years. Hopefully people who know us as a collective will know better. But, like Marc said...we can be all joyful and sweetness, but slag down something we hold dear..we do bite back.

Also, on a side note...looking at the piccies posted by the accusers, looks like a lot of F7 or H&G spam going on !!! At least 10 "You must have a target to get something" on one screen shot alone !!!. Were you hoping to grab the GoV before anyone else??.

Arnor

Fledgling Freddie
Mathiyn said:
Well this is an excert from the 1.70 patch notes

So it would seem that this kind of contention with the THE most contentious artifact in the game imo will be fixed for good. So after the patch to NF we'll all know exactly who steals the artifact as it will go to the person/s doing the most damage. After that there would be more concrete evidence as to who broke the CoC as the artifact would be in the backpack of the offending parties.

Not that its going to stop "xyz stole my artifact grumble, grumble, grumble", but should be able to point the finger in the general direction.

However, lets not forget the blindingly obvious underlying problem here. Excal players (and not just us, but it seems that way from what I have heard from other people playing the game) have such a tribal attitude towards the game and the other people in it. If XYZ is not in the same guild/alliance then they are shown distrust. If we pulled together, worked together, just as we are actually playing together, then we would a powerful force on this server, instead of the huge bunch of individuals we see ourselves as.

so grab hands and roll them joints :m00:

Heath

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
If i recall in an earlier post he mentioned he tried to get hold of an SS GM but guild members couldnt help him so im not sure wether he meant SS guildies didnt know who the GM's were so they couldnt give him a name or wether there wasnt an SS GM online, i would presume he meant the latter. You might not be able to remember your actual name Heath (Homer, in case you were struggling) but im sure you could name the SS GM's :)

Pfft...i remember who our GM's are (the ones who remain loyal to SS anyway ) ;)

I can't imagine they even tried anyway m8. We all pass the buck to Mall or Borni anyway (o:

Also, i have been playing til about 2/3am almost every morning just lately..he must have stealthed his request for a GM in then !.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
The crux of this lies in how did the SS group come to get the adds. They are not going to get all the adds and just the adds if they merely smacked Danos to steal (without getting the aggro) after the other grp had pulled.

If Tepes does turn out to have stolen then there will obviously be repercussions internally, and by GoA, for those in the SS group.

If Tepes pulled and you stole, then likewise there should be repercussions against you and your group.

If so, have a nice holiday.

Painbringer

Fledgling Freddie
GoV is a shit encounter, always will be argued over etc. had many problems with it before where my group/guild kills the mobs surrounding danos so we can pull him only to get some fuckwit group come along and pull danos while we are clearing the mobs to get to him when they would never have been able to pull him if we hadn't cleared the mobs. :twak:

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
No it doesnt. Because if someone goes and bad mouths something you hold dear why should you give that person the time of day? Another example. I could be the nicest person in the world but if one of my mates bad mouthed my mother and then asked for a favour im pretty sure I would lean against telling him to kiss my arse.

I would probably do the same at you, But what if your mother bad mouthed your mates/Girlfriend/wife, Would you lean against your mother? probably not, i don't think i would. its all a matter of perspective :wij:

Marc said:
As for the proper channels, of course its better to try and sort it out in game with a GM or failing that using right now. I really cant understand your reasoning behind the points you make. You think that its better to use these forums for things like that

I didn't say it was better, just a differant way of doing it, if some one wished to use FH for that fair enough, we both know thats a double edge sword and they can come of worse :twak:

Marc said:
...well seeing as though you have only been a member of these boards for 20 seconds I will let you off that

Oh dear, and i thought i was talking to an adult, i could come back with "well seeing as though you areonly 14 years old, I will let you off that" *sigh* but i wont. :)

Does it really matter if someone is an FH member for 2 years or 20 seconds, does that make me a better person to post?

Marc said:
...but the bit about Nibor should welcome his comments with the preverbial open arms because, as I put it, "Is a highly respected person of the DAoC community" is utter utter Garbage. He bad mouthed SS then excpects the co operation of the SS Gm's. Human nature son, human nature.

I didn't so Nibor should welcome his comments, just that he should be impartial. Which is hard if not impossible, As a GM he will be more likley to favour his own guild over someone who isn't. Just like a farther would favour his son/daughter over someone elses, your right its Human nature.

But like i said its all a matter of perspective

Marc

FH is my second home
Ase said:
SS again ?

See, my point exactly. Its the guild that gets rememberd, not the individual. Cheers Ase for highlighting my point to the max :cheers:

Marc

FH is my second home
scorge said:
I would probably do the same at you, But what if your mother bad mouthed your mates/Girlfriend/wife, Would you lean against your mother? probably not, i don't think i would. its all a matter of perspective :wij:

I didn't say it was better, just a differant way of doing it, if some one wished to use FH for that fair enough, we both know thats a double edge sword and they can come of worse :twak:

Oh dear, and i thought i was talking to an adult, i could come back with "well seeing as though you areonly 14 years old, I will let you off that" *sigh* but i wont. :)

Does it really matter if someone is an FH member for 2 years or 20 seconds, does that make me a better person to post?

I didn't so Nibor should welcome his comments, just that he should be impartial. Which is hard if not impossible, As a GM he will be more likley to favour his own guild over someone who isn't. Just like a farther would favour his son/daughter over someone elses, your right its Human nature.

But like i said its all a matter of perspective

My reference to you only being a fh member for 20 seconds was infering that you may not be aware of what these kind of threads end up like. Its hard though, to be impartial when someone has bad mouthed something you care about. Why do you think I am so actively involved in this thread? Because I care about SS. I happen to think its the best guild on the server because of the people in it but all people on the outside see is a thread "SHADOWLORDS STEAL BLAH BLAH BLAH" which couldnt be more further than the truth. If shadowlords are stealing artifacts, we would of stole Tartoros from prodigy when the gm's and senior officers were there. We would of stole Malices from someguy who was dying over and over to it with his buffbot. We rezzed him for the 3rd time, gave him a hand, he got the artifact, we went on our way. 3fgs of people, set back 45 minutes on an artifact that we could of just taken because he kept dying. SS like any other guild, cannot police their members 24/7. Sometimes, situations occur that are out of the seniors hands and 9 times out of 10 an impartial view is taken to try and sort out the mess but when someone comes along with all guns blazing, its going to be hard to take an impartial view.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom