Season 2

V

vuz

ok, don't get excited, as far as u r concerned Season 1 is wot its all about
But some of us are busy working on an automated site of fire for season2, and anywayz- to the point wot do u think of the league saying when games are played. This has major advantages:
1) Clans know where to be and when, no misunderstanding
2) The servers are worked perfectly, doing all bookings ourselves we can use them to their max
3) Easier to see when clans don't turn up- if we did it this way it would be as simple as "STROKE aren't at the server and it is on the battles page" "oh well, my team are ph00ls- u get default win"
4) It is organised as fuck and I'm happy

so wot u all think- we would have a form to fill in saying wot days/hours u can play and we take it from there. However to do something like that for up to.... well maybe 80, even 100 clans in season 2 we need to start soon
ie) i am bored and want to do it NOW!
:)

O

old.Round[DONut]

Go for it! If we hate we can always join UKTFCL :D

E

exxxie

Viruz, there will be inherent problems in a strict fixture list if you include times that clans MUST play....I can see you getting 80 e-mails saying fine we can play Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays at such and such a time from clan A, another list from clan B - you'll need a whizzo database just to compile it all and arrange matches - and then it will still go screwy I'm sure.

Other leagues try thisdont they? UKCCL clan carnage you have to play on a certain night I think (not too bad) but again restrictive.

IMO, it would be far better to draw up a fixture list of what clans you must play in what week then the clans must sort out time and dates for the match....and book servers themselves to this effect.

Just my 2 penneth :)

V

vuz

yeah, could do
who plays who on wot maps with wot ref and then they get back to us with a date/time

O

old.TGC Snow

won't work imho

fixed games for each week will, though, but if u make it as tight as deciding the exact date and time, so many ppl will be docked points for missin matches it'll become a farce.

just my views

O

old.[TGC]FAde-

Isn't half the fun chating to other teams and working dates out for you're selfs.
or is that just me.

O

old.Hicks

No I call that a fucking hassle but I'm a lazy bastard so :p

O

old.TGC Snow

fade that's coz you're a freak who enjoys arranging matches :p

O

old.[SC]Malignant

Great idea! A fixture list would make things a lot easier. But we should decide which day in the week they can be played (which was mentioned above). But what happens if clans drop out in the middle of the season. A particular clan could have no-one games in 3 weeks due to drop outs, then find that they have 4 games in two weeks. But other than that worry I don't see any problems with the idea :)

E

exxxie

Clans dropping out should be forced to sit in #bwtfcl with Sprite and play trivia for 6 hours on a Sunday imo

O

old.Hicks

Bah no one talks when I'm in #bwtfc ;( or is that cause the only time I went in I was whineing :)

V

vuz

lol xs, lol hicks, umm, lol
and fade- - u r a fr34k!
well we could either have it as strict as day/time (which would rock for getting the servers- we could sort it out perfectly). We would allow clans to change this, and would ask wot days are available for clans to play.

Or we could say clans play wot clans in wot week........ and set a date it has to be played by and which maps

O

old.Gimp

"Bah no one talks when I'm in #bwtfc ;( or is that cause the only time I went in I was whineing"

Is it coz you are in the wrong channel? Try: #bwtfcl - may well be more conversation in that one mate :) hehe.

O

old.[ATO]Macbloth

no , bad move , exact time , even exact day is a pain in the hole ,
just leave it be , please, cause like this not only is flexibilty maintained but the interaction between clans (other than 'We own j00z !') continues , and so a more tight community is fostered

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom