Rules & the bending of them to suit =/

O

old.FarQ

firstly I will try not to break any of the forum rules for my 1st Q3 post, but im a little pi**ed off so Im not promising =)

Ill run through what happened to us today against the rules so you can see what I mean.

**Rescheduling Matches**

**If you wish to reschedule a match you MUST clear this with your opponent first.**
yes we were asked to reschedule on Saturday am & agreed to do so.

**Once you have this agreement you should then inform an admin BEFORE your game is due to be played.**
we spoke with an admin about this, but at this stage it looked like a default to us as other team had 'vanished' =(

**Clan's DO NOT have to accept a request for a reschedule and can take a default win if they want it.**
the 'other' clan were messing us about & did not turn back up askin for a reschedule until 5 mins b4 game was due to start. This was not accepted now as they had mucked us about.

**The sooner you ask a Clan for a reschedule the better your chances, if you ask a clan to reschedule 5mins before you are due to play you will most likely be disappointed.**
oOOOo theres that 5min thing =)

**Reschedules should be arranged between the Clan's to a day/time that suits them both but it needs to be BEFORE their next league game.**
every1 knows its hard to fit in games during the week around other leagues & real life =/

Right 1 other point I would like to add. If a clan has 4 players then they should HAVE to play. In our case the 'other' clan had 4 players but wanted to reschedule (we did not know they had 4 at the time) so we all went down the pub 8). Then SHOCK HORROR they discover they can field a team & so the defualt goes against us. So surely if our best player is on holiday for the week we will just reschedule until they are back, or better still tell the other clan we want to do this & turn up anyway just for the hell of it so we get a default =P

one ever so slighty peed off

FarQ

O

old.ethno

Yup. Basically, for those who found FarQ's post a trifle disconcerting, was that at about 11ish this morning, myself and another member of ][ were sitting in our IRC room, when someone from TP comes in, and asks us to reschedule as everyone in the clan is apparently moving home, back from uni, today.

Despite it being a little late to realise what date you move back home, we said that yeah, that would probably be fine. He then thanked us, and left.

It then transpires, mid afternoon, that they haven't told an admin about their decision. Ho hum, we say, take the default then - we'd prefer to play them, but if they aren't going to inform an admin, and piss about with us, then we might as well take the points.

The next thing the majority of us know about it is whenever we log back into IRC at some later point that afternoon, to discover that TP turn up at five to, with 4 players, when we have none having been told earlier, quite clearly, that they would be in transit twixt house and uni, and hence unable to play. Without us having the players there, we are assigned a default.

Are we the only ones to find this a trifle... lame?

ethno

O

old.Tha^Ersatz

no that's very lame indeed

quite cunning tho

O

old.The Fixer

Ok this is what happened.

TP asked for a reschedule. I first heard about this around 3pm. I asked your player in irc if you wanted to rescedule or not. He said you couldn't (nothing to do with TP vanishing or anything else) i then asked if you wanted to take the default win and was told yes. When TP heard about this they got 4 players together and said they'd play. At this point your player in irc said you could not field a team, TP once again asked for a reschedule and your player in irc said that you could not reschedule. At this point your player in irc had three choices, play the match, reschedule the match or default to TP. He chose to default the game.

The default wasn't awarded to anyone your player chose to default the game rather than agree to reschedule.

At the time this thread was created i was involved in sorting this out with =][='s clan leader and the game will be replayed.

Before you start to flame the way this league is run make you sure you have all the facts.

O

old.FarQ

Now im never 1 to back away from an argument, but get on well enough with most people not to have to do it in the 1st place =D. As you know fix I was unaware of both sides of what was going on, therefore I came to speak to you about it. You explained what happened to me & I was gratful to you for doing that. This however still does not change thae fact that the 'other' team had pissed us about on a Saturday (you know what thats like Fix as you give up yours for us & ive posted many messages thanking you for this). We had therfore gone to the pub, after being pi**ed about all day our (normally sporting) attitude had changed & we wanted the defualt at which time the 'other' clan decided that - hey even though we have pissed you about all day, & said we cant play we will play you after all - which is nice to find out 5 mins before your game which had already been called off.

Im not having a go at any indevidual Im mearly making a point @ how the rules allow for this sort of thing to happen, and if a clan has 4 players they should HAVE to play unless the other clan would prefer to wait for a 5v5.

O

old.The Fixer

The other team did not piss you about. They asked for a reschedule and you said yes. Without telling them your player in irc said that you couldn't reschedule and would take a default win. When TP found out they got 4 players together....your going to blame the rules and/or TP for that? If a clan had agreed to a request for a reschedule from you and then they changed their minds without telling you and wanted a default win wouldn't you try to scrape a team together?
TP continually tried to get the game rescheduled and even after all this and getting the default (which your clan gave to them) they are still going to play it. I think you owe TP thanks not a slagging.

O

old.FarQ

ok Im going to apologise, its the only time it will happen so make the most of it =D

can I just say to clans in a similar situation that things are fully sorted out with more than 5 mins to spare...

sorry about all the s**t, but im a messed up player at the moment, gah women do my head in =/

FarQ

happy faggin!

O

old.FarQ

OMFG!!!!!!

faggin should say fraggin - I dont want no1 getting the wrong idea =D

O

old.NightStrike

Don't worry FarQ Jecks already told me u made a move on him :D

O

old.FarQ

yeah, but I was only trying to make you jelous Nightstrike =P

B

bigfoot

so that's what you Ra3 players get up to behind close doors.

S

Sar

I'll just not mention your repeated attempts to chat me up on servers then Night shall I?

;)

O

old.Tha^Ersatz

no it didn't - we lost :)

but ns tells me that you're good at more things than you let on to, well let on to in public anyway

(you're also quite good at fixing ra3 matches and calling the tl end 2 minutes early to allow your clan to win :)))))) )

O

old.NightStrike

aye but if i had of been playin he would have been "occupied" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom