SPAM random annoying things

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Skyrim got boring after the first 20 hours, regardless of the amount of mods you piled onto it

"Go in this dungeon, pick up X for me and watch out for the draugr or the dwarven automatons!"

EVERY
FUCKING
QUEST!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Exploring, picking flowers, mining, swimming, hunting, crafting. Mostly exploring and oogling at women i could later boink.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah me too, did the story up to getting my own house then just fucked around. The odd side quest as and when I felt like it. Later did the thieves guild quests and the assassin quests, both excellent quest lines! Was not until level 50 odd that I started doing the proper story lines and then I only really just got started before I started playing other games, 150 odd hours playtime.

I heard it was fairly short if you just did the main quest line...but you are spoiling it if all you do is the story.

Going to start a fresh I think, maybe pick up the DLC

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah i'm waiting for the next DLC, then starting over with fresh mods etc so everything is nice and compatible.

Unless fallout 4 comes before that *figners crossed*

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
indeed. I've done the mage guild, thieves guild, companions, dark brotherhood. perhaps a quintillion side quests. As mostly always I end up a lawful good fighter with some ranged shizz and medium/low spell ability.

while I was messing with the mods, I went through a castle and a cave in my ancient shrouded light armour and an exquisite ebony dagger sticking things with the pointy end. I did the repair the white phial quest, I got a letter, and I tried to get a dragon to fight me but it got scared and flew away. 4 hours. heh :D

opticle

Part of the furniture
I'm fairly sure games like Fallout and Skyrim are designed to take advantage of borderline OCD people such as myself.

When I started trying to make my second house pretty, following my 100th "Go here and fluff" quest, I decided it was time to stop playing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm fairly sure games like Fallout and Skyrim are designed to take advantage of borderline OCD people such as myself.

When I started trying to make my second house pretty, following my 100th "Go here and fluff" quest, I decided it was time to stop playing.

Ever since the first sandbox game, there's been a problem with the concept "do what you want". Some recent study even showed that a lot of players don't like too much freedom as it confuzzles them.

There are two types of RPG players, those who watch the skyrim carriage ride and want a rollercoaster ride of thrills, battles and loot and those who've already made up years of backstory for their character before the first line is delivered.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Ever since the first sandbox game, there's been a problem with the concept "do what you want". Some recent study even showed that a lot of players don't like too much freedom as it confuzzles them.

There are two types of RPG players, those who watch the skyrim carriage ride and want a rollercoaster ride of thrills, battles and loot and those who've already made up years of backstory for their character before the first line is delivered.

Couldn't agree with you more :) I really appreciate linearity in games at times, and I think some get too carried away with sandbox. I love being told / reading / watching a great story - I don't always want to make up my own, nor do I always have the time to do so.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
The thing ofcourse being that the problem is that it's not for those people ;)

On my RPG design i'm actually planning on a linear/sandbox setting, which has some problems ofcourse, but could solve the issue.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Couldn't agree with you more :) I really appreciate linearity in games at times, and I think some get too carried away with sandbox. I love being told / reading / watching a great story - I don't always want to make up my own, nor do I always have the time to do so.

The Batman games are a prime example of this. The sandbox nature of City isn't anywhere near as focused as Asylum and suffers as a result, you don't get grabbed by a story. It's too easy to miss really good things.

opticle

Part of the furniture
The Batman games are a prime example of this. The sandbox nature of City isn't anywhere near as focused as Asylum and suffers as a result, you don't get grabbed by a story. It's too easy to miss really good things.

Yeah, I own that game and started playing it, but then got distracted by new releases - and now I can't bring myself to go back to finishing it right now, as I cba searching for all the cool bits - I don't want some of the fun bits of the experience to be hidden, I just want to play the story and have the awesome experience :)

I think a lot of developers get carried away with the "freedom" and plugging that (OMFG HUGE OPEN WORLD!1!11) - it often puts me off. Sometimes I think that's because the developers have spent so much time plugging the freedom and making it huge, they haven't actually given you that much to do.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Who cares that Greg Wallace has lost a stone?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
work's outlook based webmail crashing with server error 500's when you abso-fucking-lutely need to mail some shit out. is it really true that the only moderately decent MS product is SQL server? everything else is pants tbh :-/

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Google Chrome. How do I get rid of all the old predictive text shite that comes up when I type something in?

24qp8ih.jpg

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Gimpoid at work going on and on about some car he saw on telly last night.

Cars are only slightly more boring than a tax return. For the love of fuck, have I ever shown even the remotest interest in cars? No, that's right. I don't care. Does the fact I am answering you with mmm, every few seconds not hint at the fact?

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
People talking loudly on the phone while on the bus

People drinking protein shakes in class

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
More so people who get annoyed if you comment on their phonecalls in public. You made it our business ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
~Bloody Diwali fireworks.
Its 11pm FFS. Go & read a book, or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom