SPAM random annoying things

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Such non-manly ways to fix a flickering lightbulb. You obviously need to flick it on and off repeatedly until it breaks.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
People who go on and on and on and on and on about John fucking Terry.

I don't care. End of.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Try go keyboard.

Looks nice, but like all Go apps, its bloated, riddled with "Buy this, download this" notifications. I've got hold of an up-to-date .apk of iTap. Already sent a few texts with it. The text prediction / correction is not as good as Swiftkey but its a damn sight faster (for me) and cleaner looking.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Actually, what you want is to merely think the texts, the phone picks it up & sends it.

Edit: rubbish idea.

You say "Oh, Hi. Nice to hear from you after all these years. What are you up to"
You meant "Oh, FFS. Not you?! Who gave you my number? You smell, you're an embarrassment, you laugh like a dog being sick into a drain, and you drink like a Victorian whore"

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Actually, what you want is to merely think the texts, the phone picks it up & sends it.

Edit: rubbish idea.

You say "Oh, Hi. Nice to hear from you after all these years. What are you up to"
You meant "Oh, FFS. Not you?! Who gave you my number? You smell, you're an embarrassment, you laugh like a dog being sick into a drain, and you drink like a Victorian whore"

Hmm, sounds like a catch, do you have her number?

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
The current 3 week waiting time for BT to install a phone line/broadband.

2 weeks with no interwebs makes Syd (something)(something).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
A fucking pop up at the top right of my screen every time I log on to FH about team fortress

NO THANK YOU!!!!, I have closed the box down, now let that be the end of it please

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You can tell it to fuck off, bottom left of the message iirc.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
Having to work both of your bloody days off when you really really arent in the mood to be a team player this time around and are just tired :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Finding out none of your "mates" have started saving for the 2 week trip to Vegas in January. 3 of them seem to think a grand will be enough if we stay at youth hostels off strip. Motherfuckers it was meant to be a 30th birthday year wonder trip with hangover style highlight reels :( There is a reason we started planing a year in advance, save some money you cunts.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Finding out none of your "mates" have started saving for the 2 week trip to Vegas in January. 3 of them seem to think a grand will be enough if we stay at youth hostels off strip. Motherfuckers it was meant to be a 30th birthday year wonder trip with hangover style highlight reels :( There is a reason we started planing a year in advance, save some money you cunts.

For £750 you can get flights and stay 5 nights at somewhere pricey like the Wynn.

for two weeks you'll need £1500 ish just for flights and accommodation, why the hell would you want to stay off strip in some dive in Vegas?

I would say that two weeks is far too long in Vegas though, 5 days is about right mate.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Virgin fucking Media. Every night my connection turns to shit, it's barely used so they can't use the throttling excuse.

soze

I am a FH squatter
For £750 you can get flights and stay 5 nights at somewhere pricey like the Wynn.

for two weeks you'll need £1500 ish just for flights and accommodation, why the hell would you want to stay off strip in some dive in Vegas?

I would say that two weeks is far too long in Vegas though, 5 days is about right mate.
Vegas was meant to just be the hub for trips to other places like a day or 2 in San Francisco because I am going to Alcatraz :) Will probably do it in April now and go do the stuff I want Gun Range, Hawaii for a few days ect and just look to spend my birthday weekend in Vegas :) And my flights will be nearer a grand, I do not fit in cattle class even if i was not fat I am still to wide to sit that close to someone for 10 hours, Virgin premium economy for the win.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Vegas was meant to just be the hub for trips to other places like a day or 2 in San Francisco because I am going to Alcatraz :) Will probably do it in April now and go do the stuff I want Gun Range, Hawaii for a few days ect and just look to spend my birthday weekend in Vegas :) And my flights will be nearer a grand, I do not fit in cattle class even if i was not fat I am still to wide to sit that close to someone for 10 hours, Virgin premium economy for the win.

That coastal road is lovely, start in Vegas, go to San Diego and get a hire car. Quick day down to Tijuana and then drive up to San Fran, stopping on the way.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
That coastal road is lovely, start in Vegas, go to San Diego and get a hire car. Quick day down to Tijuana and then drive up to San Fran, stopping on the way.

Kind of what I did! Excellent suggestion.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
When your phone makes a "message received" beep and you check everything but there's no bloody message!

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Israel is pretty annoying.

Almost as annoying as the Beeb's coverage of the same story (which was surprisingly difficult to find considering it's top story on Al Jaz)...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not true. The main method of spreading is by particulate emission.

Actually some facts about it;

Weak immunity doesn't make you susceptible to a flu, more violent reaction to a flu is actually a sign of a good immunity system as the symptoms are you fighting it.

Vitamin C doesn't stop the flu.

Less alcohol doesn't help and one two drinks a day actually helps keep the bugger away.

Kissing doesn't spread the flu, mostly it's rinoviruses that spread it that rarely spread through the mouth.

Washing clothes doesn't kill the virus.

Green slime is a good sign that the immunity system works.

Staying indoors doesn't help prevent it, most get it from mouses or phones.

Blowing your nose doesn't help either, it can actually transfer viruses and bacteria to nasal cavities etc.

It's not just bad luck to get a cold, moving around as a kid actually makes you more susceptible. Stress thing.

Dressing warm doesn't help stop a flu.

Chicken soup is actually good for you.

Echina extract on the other hand does f*ck all.

The more people you hang around, the less likely you're to get a cold.

The older you are...well it matters nothing.

Drinking lots of fluids doesn't help cure the flu, can help you unclog though.

Having a flu doesn't help you lose weight.

And in the end; Blame your genes.

And ofcourse the quoted part; if you already have a cold, then staying out of work isn't necessary as your putrid body has spread the virus already ;)

Ofcourse you won't be able to work depending on your state, but that's besides the point.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Actually some facts about it.

Influenza is caused by orthmomyxoviridae for a start. Rhinovirus cause the common cold - they're quite different things.

Being elderly certainly DOES make a difference - older people often have weaker and slower immune responses to younger, along with far more comorbidities and are at greater risk of bacterial infection causing pneumonia following/during influenza.

Where did you get that list?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom