SPAM random annoying things

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
That moment you realise you've eaten baked beans 3 days in a row

:eek6:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is when you've only got 1 car and the wife works no where near either...

I mean I do want a new Polo..

We went down to 1 car, which worked for a bit, but the times it was a pain in the arse, it was a real pain in the arse.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Beautiful sunny day yesterday, now today where I need to be outside all day, rain and cold 😠

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
We went down to 1 car, which worked for a bit, but the times it was a pain in the arse, it was a real pain in the arse.
Will only do 1 car if financially forced to do so. Would have been a disaster the past week - mum popped it today, but I needed the o/h back at the ranch dealing with the animals and my own transportation to do my shizzle.

One car would have been horrid.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Will only do 1 car if financially forced to do so. Would have been a disaster the past week - mum popped it today, but I needed the o/h back at the ranch dealing with the animals and my own transportation to do my shizzle.

One car would have been horrid.
Sorry for your loss Scouse

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Anyone know owt about guns?

Monsieur Reynard's been at the tractor. I'm about 30 birds down. :eek:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Anyone know owt about guns?

Monsieur Reynard's been at the tractor. I'm about 30 birds down. :eek:

Depends on what you want to shoot.

Air is fine for rabbits, pigeons, crows and the like, and you don't need a gun licence for under 12 foot pounds of power (might be 11.5 cba to google) which all off the shelf air guns will be. There are various flavours, but mostly...break barrel are spring powered, and utter shite imo, PCP are pneumatic, which have an air reservoir but need a lot more care, and a lot more expensive. You will need a dry air compressor, stirrup pump or a dive bottle, ~8 litres will last me a year before I get it filled...at a diving shop.

Shotgun, Rimfire or FAC (firearm cert) air rifles will do for foxes, all need a licence. Though, range varies more with air.

However, when shooting birds, they must be on the general licence. General licences for wildlife management. They change their mind all the time, so always worth checking before doing anything.

My current absolute favourite rifle is my Ultimate Sporter R | Air Arms - Anything Air arms, or Weihrauch will be decent, but other brands exist, fairly decent budget rifles, you're looking at Hatsan, BSA or Walther, the Walther Rotex RM8 is a phenomenal rifle for the money, I had one before my current rifle.

Can't really comment about rimfire/FAC/shotgun, except I am a better shot than the dickheads at the range.

Finally, DO NOT SHOOT AT ANYTHING ALIVE until you can hit a 5p at 30-50 yards, consistently, it took me years (I still don't shoot live targets)

Edit, with air, .177 or .22 are your main calibres, both act differently, and a subject all on its own. Both do the same job. People will argue all day which one is the best, I currently shoot .22

Last edited:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Phone notifications.

I don't need this shit. I had to go on Instagram for some inane furniture related pap at the weekend, something I must see or whatever. Now that won't leave me alone. Ring Doorbell, that can fuck off soon, texts, family whatsapp pish, Amazon.

I might just delete the lot, get an old Nokia.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Phone notifications.

I don't need this shit. I had to go on Instagram for some inane furniture related pap at the weekend, something I must see or whatever. Now that won't leave me alone. Ring Doorbell, that can fuck off soon, texts, family whatsapp pish, Amazon.

I might just delete the lot, get an old Nokia.

Settings -> Notifications -> App Settings let's you turn them off app by app.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
DO NOT SHOOT AT ANYTHING ALIVE until you can hit a 5p at 30-50 yards, consistently, it took me years (I still don't shoot live targets)
Whilst I agree with this generally, if a fox is tearing up 30 animals with the intention of only carrying off one, then I would shoot.

If they took one a month I'd chalk it up to 'nature tax'.

I've no intention of hunting. I've resisted for 4 years. If I can do it economically I may have to arm for livestock defence.

Yes. I'd feel very sad. :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Trying to paint a window sill and discovering that "gloss paint" is now runny water-based shit that needs about 4 million coats to achieve a crappy finish.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Urgh. I bet it still stinks bad. :(

I learned today that I've no idea how to ride a bike. I thought I did, considering I can get down this, but nope. Bloke from Pedal MTB took me back to fundamentals. He used to race world cups but binned it all off to spend six months at one of my local bike trails to learn how to "stand up on a bike". Now he can beat me downhill when I'm pedalling furiously and he doesn't even have to turn a crank :eek:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Whilst I agree with this generally, if a fox is tearing up 30 animals with the intention of only carrying off one, then I would shoot.

If they took one a month I'd chalk it up to 'nature tax'.

I've no intention of hunting. I've resisted for 4 years. If I can do it economically I may have to arm for livestock defence.

Yes. I'd feel very sad. :(

Randomly had a chat about this with a mate, and they told me there's no point in offing the fox: in a few weeks another will just come in and take over the territory and you're back to square one then. Is there no way you can somehow make it super unattractive for the fox? Maybe some IR sensor near where the birds roost that trips a loud noise that canines hate. Dog whistle or something?

TdC

Don't get me wrong, I totally get you want to murder the fox atm, and foxes are all batshit insane anyway, usually, but perhaps future-Scouse would enjoy a bit of clever trickery to outwit the fucker at its own game.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Randomly had a chat about this with a mate, and they told me there's no point in offing the fox: in a few weeks another will just come in and take over the territory and you're back to square one then. Is there no way you can somehow make it super unattractive for the fox? Maybe some IR sensor near where the birds roost that trips a loud noise that canines hate. Dog whistle or something?
So - I've kept birds for 4 years now. This is the first fox issue.

Reason being is that I'm surrounded by farmers and lets just say they take a rather liberal attitude to hunting the poor gorgeous red fuckers. I'm pretty sure they must be traumatised by the sight of grass and they much prefer being deep in the forest.

If he adds it to a regular route, then the removal of said fox would likely mean another extended period of fox-free action.

I love the IR sensor idea and will look into it, but my birds roosts are mobile. The geese and chickens move every week or so. The guinea fowl move daily. And not adjacent to each other (and, eventually, not even in the same fields).

You can protect sheep with llamas or alpacas. If you get a one of them the same time as your sheep they will identify as part of the flock and are big enough to take out a fox. But I'm pretty sure I can't get one that will identify as a chicken.

Plus. They look fucking stupid :eek:

I'll see how it goes. If wiping out 6 months of hand-reared-from-egg guinea-fowl is going to be a regular occurance then I'll have decisions to make :(

Edit: Despite the carnage I really don't want to have to murder a fox. I'm not remotely angry at it - it's just doing what comes naturally.

TdC

ah well there's that. maybe it discovered your Chez Scouse buffet cos the local farmers were making life difficult.

TdC

Was thinking of my niece, who lives in a nice bit of NL. She keeps chickens but coops em all locked away. Has to, as the nature around her has foxes and martens and stuff like that. Wolves too these days bless her. Atm she has a big orange tomcat who likes to tussle with the martens a bit. Hes a big chonky boy and weighs at least 5x as much as a marten but sometimes comes back from the wars pretty beat up. Martens know exactly where the neck is on an animal and go for it if they need to.

1728773949074.jpeg

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Second monitor just stopped working.

Was working fine, then went black. When I reboot the PC it shows the boot up, but as soon as it goes into Windows it goes black again. So it's working not working...

Not detectable in Windows now. Not showing up in device manager. It's new - a couple of months old. Aaaargh :eek:

TdC

cable thing maybe? my work lappy sometimes absolutely refuses to see my main monitor unless the cable is spot on.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Second monitor just stopped working.

Was working fine, then went black. When I reboot the PC it shows the boot up, but as soon as it goes into Windows it goes black again. So it's working not working...

Not detectable in Windows now. Not showing up in device manager. It's new - a couple of months old. Aaaargh :eek:
Tried switching places with the other monitor? Could be the graphics cards display port.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom