SPAM random annoying things

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
No. The guy who took a pot shot at Trump. He's stand up wearing a red hat 300 feet away for Chrissakes.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wait. You're saying the 25,000 hours he probably spent in CoD wasn't a life transferrable skill?!

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Too flat, you say? I lunched in a restaurant in this village today...

20190602-090530.jpg
Looks beautiful

Had a nice lunch myself yesterday.
I found a slice of what might once have been roast beef stuck to the bottom shelf of my fridge.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Pulled the trigger on recalling my brother from Australia as there's a non-zero chance of the mother karking it.

In and of itself, that would seem like a "great, an extra person to help". But of course, it doesn't work like that. He's got massive mental health problems that unfortunately make him, effectively, an insufferable cunt. He also needs managing as he's incredibly fragile, unemployed (his flight cost me the best part of a grand) and probably substance dependent (probably alcoholic, maybe more).

Knock-on is my sister, who is fragile herself, is terrified of him coming home. So whilst she's holding it together now, she's requiring propping up. She's due to go on a cruise on Sunday with her husband for their 30th anniversary and was going to cancel, but I've told her to not feel guilty and go - 1) because non-zero doesn't mean definitely kark it and 2) gets her out of the way of brother.

Meanwhile, the only non-fragile fucker is me. Live 2 hours away. Work is madness. Builders, plumbers, electricians, heavy plant (a 13 tonne digger and dumper truck coming Friday (after 12 months of trying to get 'em)) are all on-site this week and have demands on my time., The o/h is having problems with her parents too and may have to be absent, which is a PITA for me as we've got the mandatory daily animal husbandry requirements.

Of course, I've got it handled. But it's really quite a lot of plates to spin.

Why can't people fucking hold themselves together ffs? :eek:

Last edited:

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Pulled the trigger on recalling my brother from Australia as there's a non-zero chance of the mother karking it.

In and of itself, that would seem like a "great, an extra person to help". But of course, it doesn't work like that. He's got massive mental health problems that unfortunately make him, effectively, an insufferable cunt. He also needs managing as he's incredibly fragile, unemployed (his flight cost me the best part of a grand) and probably substance dependent (probably alcoholic, maybe more).

Knock-on is my sister, who is fragile herself, is terrified of him coming home. So whilst she's holding it together now, she's requiring propping up. She's due to go on a cruise on Sunday with her husband for their 30th anniversary and was going to cancel, but I've told her to not feel guilty and go - 1) because non-zero doesn't mean definitely kark it and 2) gets her out of the way of brother.

Meanwhile, the only non-fragile fucker is me. Live 2 hours away. Work is madness. Builders, plumbers, electricians, heavy plant (a 13 tonne digger and dumper truck coming Friday (after 12 months of trying to get 'em)) are all on-site this week and have demands on my time., The o/h is having problems with her parents too and may have to be absent, which is a PITA for me as we've got the mandatory daily animal husbandry requirements.

Of course, I've got it handled. But it's really quite a lot of plates to spin.

Why can't people fucking hold themselves together ffs? :eek:
When you hit 50 your parents can start putting a lot of demands on you, whether you love them to bits or... don't. Now my Mum's gone, my wife's parents seem to have something that needs doing several times a week. At the same time as we're trying to look after our own kids. Middle-age is hard. It's no wonder that it's consistently found to be the time when people are least happy.

I haven't had a sibling to worry about for a long time but can sympathise with the demands of family, work and life in general getting a bit much.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
When you hit 50 your parents can start putting a lot of demands on you, whether you love them to bits or... don't. Now my Mum's gone, my wife's parents seem to have something that needs doing several times a week. At the same time as we're trying to look after our own kids. Middle-age is hard. It's no wonder that it's consistently found to be the time when people are least happy.

I haven't had a sibling to worry about for a long time but can sympathise with the demands of family, work and life in general getting a bit much.

Move to another country. Works like a charm

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

I've not said alot on here about it, but this resonated. I'm now 56. In the past 6 month I've seen my GF's father go, my daughter in law's, my own Dad, and now my Mum (her funeral is tomorrow).

Guess what? My GF has also been diagnosed with Leukaemia, though she is doing really well, thank someone.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Why Galway out of interest?

I mean, I love the sea too. But specifically Galway.
Had a holiday there ages ago and tried to persuade the wife it would be a great place to live but she wanted to be near her parents :/

Overdriven

Should be reasonably easy for your HR department to work out what you pension should be at now given growth and compounding interest, then make a payment into your pension pot to make up the shortfall and put you back on the straight and narrow.

Of course, their obvious counter would be "why didn't you spot you weren't making extra contributions? Did you not look at your payslip?"...

...to which your answer might be (like me) - Payslip? I don't think I've ever looked at it.

Oh how correct you were. I basically told them that I want them to cover the whole lot and they've now got arsey and have asked me if I looked at my payslip 3.years ago..

So I politely informed them this is the third financial cockup since I've started and maybe they should be looking at their financial processes instead of putting the error on me. Have twice said I'm happy to come to an arrangement and they've ignored it.

Let's see how this goes. I mean at this point I'd accept the whole of their missed contribs, but let's see what happens.

Overdriven

I've not said alot on here about it, but this resonated. I'm now 56. In the past 6 month I've seen my GF's father go, my daughter in law's, my own Dad, and now my Mum (her funeral is tomorrow).

Guess what? My GF has also been diagnosed with Leukaemia, though she is doing really well, thank someone.

Jesus. Sorry dude :(

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

*hugs*

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Jup I feel for you, still feels like yesterday that my Dad died.

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
Thanks guys - appreciated, truly x

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Jup I feel for you, still feels like yesterday that my Dad died.

Same here, and he went in 2009. The want for one last game of golf and a session in the 19th never really goes away.

(Other father/son activities are available)

Hugs sent your way @Jupitus xx

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Vintage computer shit on Ebay. People buying it just to make money. I collect old Petsoft titles for the Commodore PET. Just curiosity really, we had them when I was a kid and I like looking at and owning them. And I have a PET too, so I can load them if I want.

Saw a couple on Ebay recently, about £40 for two. So I put a best offer in of £30. Guy refused, then closed the auction, then relisted them for £60ish. Obviously he saw the other titles on there that are listed for £65. The ones that have been on years and which will never sell. Sigh.

Also someone just put a load of Petsoft cassettes up there, nearly a dozen of them. So I put an Ebay snipe in for £200, thinking they'd go for £150 max. Sold for nearly £250. And similar old PET software auctions, selling for ridiculous prices. I'm convinced these buyers will just relist them individually at a higher price. commodore pet software by petsoft & soft centre | eBay

Anyhow if anyone sees Petsoft "Chicken Recipe" that's the one I really want.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Bastard Olympics, had enough of that shite before it even started.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I've not said alot on here about it, but this resonated. I'm now 56. In the past 6 month I've seen my GF's father go, my daughter in law's, my own Dad, and now my Mum (her funeral is tomorrow)

very sorry to hear dude. I was just over in the UK to support my niece with her mum passing. hope the day is beautiful mate :fluffle:

Jupitus

Staff member
FH Subscriber
very sorry to hear dude. I was just over in the UK to support my niece with her mum passing. hope the day is beautiful mate :fluffle:
Love you, you mad swaffler!!! xxx

TdC

My car died so I had to get a new one rather unexpectedly. It all worked out though. The garage gave me a big box full of Italian chocolate as a gift. I do keto :eek:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My car died so I had to get a new one rather unexpectedly. It all worked out though. The garage gave me a big box full of Italian chocolate as a gift. I do keto :eek:
How's your keto working out?

Loadsaquestions: What have you gone from > to, in how long? And is it now a lifestyle, or a short term fix? If it's a short term fix, how do you intend to manage the transition to a lower-carb regime?

TdC

Very well thank you. It happens that this morning I reached my goal of 69kg. I'm now somewhat motivated to dip a little below this as I go back to the gym so I can gain a little muscle back and still end up weighing 69, which, as everyone knows, is a noice number. I reckon I lost about 25kg which is about four stone for you island dwellers. This took about a year, give or take.

Re lifestyle, I don't particularly enjoy doing keto, as far as one can say one has that option with a diet / lifestyle. That said I like most of the things you eat with keto, and the idea that it is a "just meat" diet really isnt true. I eat mountains and mountains of salad and the more keto friendly veggies. What did I find easy: well, I like meat and cheese and the fatty fish types, so getting a protein and fat source wasn't a chore as I eat that stuff naturally. What did I find hard: I really, really, really love a good bread. I love potatoes and the myriad ways you can prepare them. I love pasta, noodles and rice. You can wake me up at night for Asian or Italian food Love it. I don't naturally have a sweet tooth but I missed the act of sharing a sweet desert with a dinner partner you know. On the other hand: some places just don't let you get away with keto easily (I travel a lot for work), and in those cases I will generally think "fuck it" and eat whatever's there (this is much more off-putting if you've just started the thing than if you're further along btw).

I don't think I've become a low carb bastard, but I absolutely admit I enjoy being a bit skinnier. The thing that shocked me was the rampant clothes buying. I tend to shrink real fast on keto and dropped 5 jeans sizes (edit: 36+ to 30. I can probably wear a 29 these days actually). Next time for the interim I know to not get enthusiastic with nice clothes as sure, they fit now but won't in two weeks! It was kind of nice to take a big bag of clothes to the donations people though :) Extra edit: I had to get rid of all my MTB kit cos it was a couple sizes too big now. That hurt a bit tbh. That Fox jacket cost a fortune :eek:

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Nice work that man.

I don't think I've become a low carb bastard, but I absolutely admit I enjoy being a bit skinnier.

I have to admit - Kate Moss was right. Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels. Now I'm a fat man again and I'm very much missing being light.

Watch your back-on cycle. Keep your weight on the wall in front of you and go full nazi if it starts to go back up :)

If you find a way of doing it sustainably, share please :)

TdC

Nice work that man.

Watch your back-on cycle. Keep your weight on the wall in front of you and go full nazi if it starts to go back up :)
thanks! and yeah, I cocked that up last time not gonna lie.

TdC

I've spent the better part of the weekend looking for my tape measure. I can't find it anywhere. Somehow I'm still searching and annoyed that A) I can't find it, and, B) in the time I spent looking for it I could have gone down the shops and bought a new one at least 200 times over :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom