SPAM random annoying things

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Buy some proper protein drinks?

I do bud, top quality stuff but the flavours make me want to yak.

http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_protein

Our Impact Whey Protein® is a rich source of whey protein concentrate from vegetarian sweet cheese, sourced directly from the world’s leading whey protein manufacturers.

Having the highest Biological Value (BV) of any known protein, whey protein concentrate contains high levels of both essential and non-essential Amino Acids.

The manufacturing process utilises a unique combination of membrane filtration technology and drying at low temperature and pressure. This ensures gentle separation and concentration of the protein and retains its natural function and high nutritional value to give a high quality whey protein concentrate.

Our Impact Whey Protein® provides over 82g of protein per 100g (dry basis), is low in fat and lactose and rich in calcium. This protein is an excellent source of essential amino acids and contains one of the highest proportions of branched chain amino acids found in natural protein.

Traceability is a key part of our quality monitoring process and to aid this process we work directly with the world’s leading whey manufacturers to ensure we have complete knowledge and confidence in the production process of our whey protein.

The protein fractions are: 44% Beta lactoglobulin, 17% Alpha lactalbumin, 1.5% Bovine serum albumin, 8% Immunoglobulin G, 0.5% Lactoferrin, 26% Glycomacropeptide.
The amino acid profile can be found at the bottom of the page under 'Certificates'.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
http://www.myprotein.com/uk/products/impact_whey_isolate - Chocolate smooth / Chocolate Nut, with water and milk are fine. Am jumping between why protein and isolate due to a recommendation. Never stray from chocolate, because when I did the results were "Fuck this, back to chocolate" - Choco Mint is okay, not my favourite though.

I usually have 2 scoops of protein and 1 teaspoon of creatine, never fails me personally. Like the taste too. (Always 250ml-300ml of water, never more.)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Meh, myprotien stuff is pretty average. Get some reflex natural whey, no additives.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The stuff any good Ch3tan? Guy at work actually recommended that stuff.

Yes, for pure protein it's easily the best stuff I've used. No artificial anything, really gentle on your digestive system. The taste may not be for everyone though as there is no added sugar. So the chocolate actually tastes like cocoa for example.

Currently I'm using some USN stuff, but purely because I didn't want to buy seperate creatine and glutamine at the time.

rynnor

Rockhound
Arent all these chemicals your buying just a load of nonsense with scientific proof about as convincing as that of the Loch Ness Monster?

rynnor

Rockhound
Uncannily enough theres a BBC Panorama program coming out that looks at these sorts of claims and specifically on protein dtinks described them as "an expensive way to buy milk" ;)

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Grumpy barbers.

Me: "So how's business?"
Him: "Shit"
Me: "Oh, maybe it will pick up over the Olympics?"
Him: "Fuck the Olympics"
Me: "Going away this year?"
Him: "No"
Me: "Hows the wife keeping?"
Him: "I'm just going to sharpen the blade on my razor"
Me: "----" :unsure:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Arent all these chemicals your buying just a load of nonsense with scientific proof about as convincing as that of the Loch Ness Monster?

Protein shit is all just fluff for people to buy, at best it has a placebo effect. People managed just fine before they became fashionable. Eat properly, exercise properly, profit.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Uncannily enough theres a BBC Panorama program coming out that looks at these sorts of claims and specifically on protein dtinks described them as "an expensive way to buy milk" ;)

At least in Sweden Protein shakes are far far faaaaaaaar cheaper than milk.
1 bag costs maybe 200-300 sek (20-30 pounds) and last a couple of months.

Maybe you are thinking of those small readymade 1 portion packs? Never tested those

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You are joking right? Impact has a higher protien count and a much lower carb count as well as much lower fat content. The branch chain amino acids totals are also in Impact's favor. Do not see how you can suggest it is inferior and remain serious.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Protein shit is all just fluff for people to buy, at best it has a placebo effect. People managed just fine before they became fashionable. Eat properly, exercise properly, profit.

Some people have digestive issues and cannot absorb adequate amounts of protein, for them a quality whey product with an excellent amino acid profile and pre-digestion which helps with absorbtion and sythesis can have a profound benefit to their health.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
At least in Sweden Protein shakes are far far faaaaaaaar cheaper than milk.
1 bag costs maybe 200-300 sek (20-30 pounds) and last a couple of months.

Maybe you are thinking of those small readymade 1 portion packs? Never tested those

Spot on, buying powders in bulk is a far far cheaper way of obtaining quality protein and amino acids than drinking milk, also with the added benefit of much lower fat content.

rynnor

Rockhound
cHodAX said:
excellent amino acid profile and pre-digestion which helps with absorbtion and sythesis can have a profound benefit to their health.

Are you reading this off a packet?

The amino acid stuff is basically placebo - eat decently and your fine.

Pre digestion - seriously? I bet marketing had fun coming up with that one...

I saw creatine mentioned earlier in this thread - you are basically experimenting on your liver and kidneys with this stuff.

We never evolved to get overdoses of this in our diet so beware.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
  • Whey has a high biological value (BV – see below) which refers to how much actual protein from food is absorbed and retained by the body (Dutch Dairy Foundation, 1995).
  • Whey is made up of amino acids akin to that of human muscle tissue (Barth & Behnke, 1997).
  • Whey contains all of the nine essential amino acids (EAAs – indispensible amino acids).
  • Whey is high in the three branched chain amino acids (BCAAs) – leucine, isoleucine and valine, all of which are essential for muscle growth and repair, because not only are they like other amino acids in being part of the chains making up muscle protein, but they are also involved in the 'turning on' of the process of protein synthesis by upregulation.
  • Whey is naturally high in the amino acid glutamine, both as free form l-glutamine and as glutamine peptides. Glutamine is found in high quantities in human muscle tissue and is also the preferred source of fuel for intestinal cells.
  • Whey is naturally comprised of short chains peptides of amino acids which are quicker to digest than long complex proteins.
  • Studies have indicated that whey protein may help reduce the risk and improve disease outcome in certain cancers (Papenburg, 1990; Kennedy, 1995), improve immune function (Wong & Watson, 1995) and reduce blood pressure (Lee et al, 2007).
  • There are also studies looking at the effects of whey protein supplementation directly on improved athletic performance (Kerksick et al, 2006).

http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-whey-protein-guide.aspx

Oh and my brother holds a Phd. in biomedical sciences, for my personal reasons in taking a protein supplement he checked things out and said taking a premium supplement like this would be wise. Remember, I am not training, this is a dietary requirement for me for reasons I do no want to get into.

rynnor

Rockhound
cHodAX said:
http://articles.muscletalk.co.uk/article-whey-protein-guide.aspx

Oh and my brother holds a Phd. in biomedical sciences, for my personal reasons in taking a protein supplement he checked things out and said taking a premium supplement like this would be wise. Remember, I am not training, this is a dietary requirement for me for reasons I do no want to get into.

You do realise your brother is not a Doctor of medicine and cannot legally give medical advice right?

Additionally the website you quoted is almost certainly funded by the industry that makes this stuff and the papers it links are probably discredited in the scientific community?

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The whole industry is littered, if not full to the brim over utter bolaks, totally unproven claims, outrageous pseudo scientific claptrap and insane profiteering off gullible, uneducated and educated in the wrong thing people.
You only need supplements on a western diet if you are either medically lacking in them or are taking a training regime to the limit.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It's not medicine advice, it is a dietary supplement which I was already advised by my GP to look into but would not prescribe unless my condition worsened. The GP gave me other dietary advice but none of it has helped, however the supplement has done so substanyially. Oh and my brother just chased down the info, compared it with my needs and gave it the nod.

The key thing to note, it is working for me, nothing else was.

rynnor

Rockhound
The key thing to note, it is working for me, nothing else was.

That's fine but the other stuff you quoted was largely garbage - anecdotal evidence is sadly flawed as a sizable chunk of the population are subject to the placebo effect. Thats why you need randomized double blind trials of decent numbers of people to realistically establish anything.

The trials that the industry push tend to be flawed or based on tiny numbers.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Wankers who are texting/reading emails on their phones whilst walking through Waterloo train station.

rynnor

Rockhound
People standing on a narrow tube platform with their Ipods sticking out so you have to squeeze past them...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
That's fine but the other stuff you quoted was largely garbage - anecdotal evidence is sadly flawed as a sizable chunk of the population are subject to the placebo effect. Thats why you need randomized double blind trials of decent numbers of people to realistically establish anything.

The trials that the industry push tend to be flawed or based on tiny numbers.

Wouldn't dispute any of that when it comes to people using the supplements to enhance training, manufacturers will always overstate the performance gains and never take into account how much excess the human body will piss and shit out. There is no substitute for good eating, definately.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Stole my words I was going to say doesn't anyone eat real food any more?

rynnor

Rockhound
Supplement

But literally only people who are ill with specific conditions require supplementation - its an entire industry built on a non-need for normally healthy people and indeed certain supplements are actively harmful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom