SPAM random annoying things

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just lost a sure thing winning bid on a lens thanks to ebay being a useless fucking piece of SHIT

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Waking up, hearing the birds singing, it sounds like a beautiful day, you spring out of bed happy, open the curtains and....fucking miserable weather. Again. Grey leaden skies, drizzly rain, not at all warm.

Its July FFS. Gifv us back old skool proper summers, bastards!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Indeed, I am fucking fed up of it all, can't really afford to splash out on a holiday at the moment as I am commited elsewhere but 6 more weeks of this miserable shite and I am going to have to book 2 weeks in the Canary Islands.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I love bad weather, the badder the better, it really picks me up when I look out of the window at it seems the Armageddon is on it's way.
The wife gets totally depressed, she just wants sun-sun-sun. I say well you need to move from britain then, the pleasure of a hot chocolate and a apstie sat in your car by the beach while horizontal rain lashes across is lost on her, I fucking love it.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Not having my info anyway, no way am I being profiled for your dodgy handshaking freemason bank mates!

<tinfoil hat>

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
No Pre-Op or Transexual option under gender, you may well be discriminating against sexual orientation mate!

Everz

FH is my second home
Waking up, hearing the birds singing, it sounds like a beautiful day, you spring out of bed happy, open the curtains and....fucking miserable weather. Again. Grey leaden skies, drizzly rain, not at all warm.

Its July FFS. Gifv us back old skool proper summers, bastards!

In two weeks I shall be seeing fine skirt and seeing off pints in Ibiza.. roll on roll on!

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/14/iraq-iran-ties_n_1664728.html

What an eyeopener, it seems we have driven Iraq into the arms of Iran. Wonderful, hundreds of thousands dead, oil prices massively inflated all for a war that didn't need to happen.

Ten bloody and grueling years later, Iraq is finally emerging from its ruins and establishing itself as a geopolitical player in the Middle East -- but not the way the neocons envisioned.
Though technically a democracy, Iraq's floundering government has degenerated into a tottering quasi-dictatorship.

The costs of the war (more than $800 billion) and reconstruction (more than $50 billion) have been staggeringly high. And while Iraq is finally producing oil at pre-war levels, it is trying its best to drive oil prices as high as possible.

Most disturbing to many American foreign policy experts, however, is Iraq's extremely close relationship with Iran. Today, the country that was formerly Iran's deadliest rival is its strongest ally.

"These are the wonderful consequences of our intervention -- and the brilliance of it really is mindboggling," said Chas Freeman, a Middle East scholar and critic of the neoconservatives. "The extent to which Iraq has become an active collaborator with Iran ... is really very striking."

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Have always been opposed to the idea of GM foods but this story has forced me to rethink that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18845282

All over the world there is poor soil with no nitrogen in so growing crops is borderline impossible without masses of expensive heavy fertilsiers, engineering the crop to be able to pull the nitrogen it needs from the air is genius and could pretty much eradicate food poverty for many of the worlds poorest. Now I still hate the idea of messing with nature and the potential consequences are still worrying but maybe the upside is worth it this time?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
The upside is worth it if the testing is thorough and the potential risks all explored.

rynnor

Rockhound
cHodAX said:
Have always been opposed to the idea of GM foods but this story has forced me to rethink that...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-18845282

All over the world there is poor soil with no nitrogen in so growing crops is borderline impossible without masses of expensive heavy fertilsiers

Isnt that the whole point of crop rotation - beans fix nitrogen so you just grow beans every few years - job done.

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Finding out your bbq is broken on the first sunny sunday in ages and finding out you cant get the replacement part anymore :/

rynnor

Rockhound
Ch3tan said:
The upside is worth it if the testing is thorough and the potential risks all explored.

Nah - GM crops are just speeding up our reliance on a monoculture of a very few strains.

The big risk (and its probably inevitable) is that something comes along that devaststes strain X and suddenly half the wheat crop is gone and starvation ensues.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Isnt that the whole point of crop rotation - beans fix nitrogen so you just grow beans every few years - job done.

There are alot of enviroments and soil types where beans won't grow sadly.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Corporations controlling the gene pool of our food..how reassuring

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm with Lamp on this. Patents and shit with food. It's a very dangerous route to take and if anyone thinks the big GM corps are doing it for anything other than money and control then they are deluded.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Yes, they are definately in it for money and power, it doesn't change the fact that this technology could enable people with poor access to food a much greater chance of self reliance.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
But only if they can pay for it and then pay for it every year because the plants are sterile.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not all of them but they will be. The likes of Monsanto won't just invest billions into GM and then release them to the public. There will be license agreements, royalties and all sorts of other shit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom