SPAM random annoying things

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Ah man, goldeneye! now those are some serious memories right there, was fun as hell 4 player :)

mooSe_

FH is my second home
and then the reader has no idea if they have solved it correctly or not because they have nothing to check their answer against

ileks

Part of the furniture
The solution to this problem is left as an exercise for the reader.....

Haha yep, exactly like that. I can see why they do it (especially for maths modules) but with a week to go until the brutal exam it's stressing me the fuck out.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
One of my cat's new hobbies. Bringing back rabbits, totally unharmed and dropping them in the back garden. I swear he has some sort of arrangement with the other cat, who hunts and eats them every other day. I reckon he is trying to start a rabbit colony so that the other one doesn't have to walk to the field to catch them.

Look like a right dick running about the garden trying to catch them, 1 yesterday and 2 today!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
how big is your cat?!

are we talking widdul wabbits or RABID RABBITS?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The one that eats them is 6.5 kilos with not a bit of fat on him and he brings back large rabbits, he likes to bring them to the back window and start eating them when we are sitting down to dinner, nothing like the site of a cat ripping bits of intestine out of a rabbit to put you off your dinner. Thankfully he is selfish and doesn't try to bring them in as a gift. The other one (the one doing the fetching) is normal sized. The rabbits are pretty small, I wouldn't say babies but not fully grown.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
windows programs grabbing the fucking focus every time they decide to pop up a fucking window.

and related...

windows fucking confirmation boxes having cancel or reboot-now helpfully preselected, so when the box pops up and someone is typing, they either cancel the action they requested, or reboot their machine. THANKS BILL YOU MAKE MY DAY A JOY :eek:

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Wooo I'll agree with that one. I was installing some freeware (or ad-supported, I guess) thing the other day and I ended up installing something called the blekko spam-free search bar (not as spam-free as when I don't install you you bastard) because I blitzed through the install and didn't deselect it. :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
windows programs grabbing the fucking focus every time they decide to pop up a fucking window.

and related...

windows fucking confirmation boxes having cancel or reboot-now helpfully preselected, so when the box pops up and someone is typing, they either cancel the action they requested, or reboot their machine. THANKS BILL YOU MAKE MY DAY A JOY :eek:

Imagine my joy after a 40 minute dragon fight in skyrim when windows decided to pop-up and effectively tab me the f*ck out, crashing my Skyrim(as it does on tabbing) :eek:

TdC

I know, right? I mean...how can anyone ever have thought it would be a good idea to do that? And it hasn't changed in eons. SURELY there are not three people in the world who think it's a bad idea but more? What extra-special brand of retrad got this sent through the design meetings? Against the wall with them I say!!!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yar, and it's not like it would be hard for the system to check "Oh, you're using a program right now. It's even on fullscreen. Better not bother the master at this moment. I'll just leave him a post-it note on the desktop saying -You might want to do this thing, or just reboot, whatever you want sir.- ", in a sexy female voice and half nakkid image of a naughty nurse in the corner.

I lost my train of thought...

TdC

also...why in all things holy is the option to export one's bookmarks from internet explorer not under the Favorites menu option? I can do everything to my favorites under favorites except export them! Why is every bundled piece of software with windows such utter dross? How did this collection of shit ever make it to be the most widely used desktop os on the planet?

TdC

Workies makes me use IE. Some version that went out of fashion a thousand years ago. We have to or the intranets stop working...

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The gradual pain rising in my foot is becoming that familiar pain of a fracture. I bloody hope not :eek:

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Workies makes me use IE. Some version that went out of fashion a thousand years ago. We have to or the intranets stop working...

Use your Ninja techie powers to explain to whovever that IE6 is out of support so your company is no longer PCI compliant and it will cost them billions of euros if they don't fix it. Or something. I've had to do that in two different companies now.

TdC

Oh no, I'm not going there, we have tech-managers for that particular sweet flavor of masochism :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Imagine my joy after a 40 minute dragon fight in skyrim when windows decided to pop-up and effectively tab me the f*ck out, crashing my Skyrim(as it does on tabbing) :eek:
Then you've got windows wrong again, I can alt-tab back and forth from Skyrim as easily as a hot knife glides through butter.

TdCfail does not = windows fail

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
It's not windows, it's skyrim, but windows causes the problem that makes skyrim crash, even if it's skyrims fault it crashes :p

TdC

Then you've got windows wrong again, I can alt-tab back and forth from Skyrim as easily as a hot knife glides through butter.

TdCfail does not = windows fail
TohFail, not TdCfail you spangle :p

Ormorof

FH is my second home
the windows thing is annoying, but especially so when it darkens out the rest of the screen and makes nothing else work until you give it an answer, i mean wtf

i right click on a file and click delete

Windows: Are you SURE you want to delete this?
ME: yes
Windows: You must be an Admin to delete this, would you like to change to an Admin?
ME: yes
Windows: You do not have permission to delete this file, please contact your admin

WHO ELSE IS GOING TO BE THE ADMIN IF I AM THE ADMIN ON MY OWN DAMN PC! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Ormorof

FH is my second home
your face is a user error...

(im sorry that was mean)

I admit it probably can be changed with a setting somewhere, but I am way too lazy to change it or bother finding it - cos then i would have nothing to complain about! (wheres the fun in that?!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom