SPAM random annoying things

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i dont think ive ever seen an iPhone without a smashed screen in the real world

is it really that fragile? ive had my current smartphone for nearly ~3 years without using any covers or plastic and theres barely a scratch on the screen, despite being dropped all over the place

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Fell off my desk and landed face down on the metal foot/leg below

Spoke to my phone man to sort out a new one (as i'm due an upgrade) and he said avoid the S4, go with the HTC if i didn't want a iPhone 5

He did rate the Nokia one too, is it the Lumia?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
i dont think ive ever seen an iPhone without a smashed screen in the real world

is it really that fragile? ive had my current smartphone for nearly ~3 years without using any covers or plastic and theres barely a scratch on the screen, despite being dropped all over the place

My daughter dropped my 4 on the kitchen floor and the screen smashed into a bazillion pieces. Phone was a write off. I now have a very good cover for my 5. Still didn't stop my other child from dropping it down the bog though. IT fucking love me at work.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Never had a problem with my iPhone screen. I am very careful with most of my gadgets though :p

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Wanting something from the freezer now, only to find out its unsuitable for cooking from frozen or microwaving.

So I can't even de-frost my pigs in blankets in the lazer zap ping door revolving plate machine thingy. I have to wait a whole 24 hours.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Wanting something from the freezer now, only to find out its unsuitable for cooking from frozen or microwaving.

So I can't even de-frost my pigs in blankets in the lazer zap ping door revolving plate machine thingy. I have to wait a whole 24 hours.

Unsuitable for microwave? Even to defrost? o_O

Must be some kind of metalpigs.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I never read the instructions anyway.

Put them on low, 50-100 degrees for 10-15 minutes then whack it up to the proper temp...cook until cooked.

...or, fill your sink up with hot water and chuck them in that (in the plastic) or put them in a tupperware box and stick them in the sink.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Meh, My gran did it all her life, so did my mum, so have I.

50 degrees wont make any difference.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Yes ideally you should defrost in cold water but if whatever you are cooking is going to get hot enough in it's centre to kill off any bacteria then you don't really have to be all that concerned.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It one of those cooking rules, of which there are many, that are like "it's probably not going to kill you, but avoid if possible"

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
after watching tarantula vids on youtube for the past hour I feel kinda bad about putting my feet on the ground from the couch :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes ideally you should defrost in cold water but if whatever you are cooking is going to get hot enough in it's centre to kill off any bacteria then you don't really have to be all that concerned.
It one of those cooking rules, of which there are many, that are like "it's probably not going to kill you, but avoid if possible"

Presumably raw meat is going to get hot enough in the middle once you cook it, regardless of how you defrost it. One would have thought.

If it's in an airtight container when it's frozen and remains so during defrosting then you have absolutely no worries defrosting it in warm/hot water. Defrosting in cold water isn't going to kill any germs that might be in it in the same way defrosting in hot water is going to make them appear out of nowhere.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
It does though because the warm environment encourages the growth of bacteria. They don't thrive as well in the cold.

And if for example you cook a defrosted steak but like it a bit rare then the centre isn't going to get hot enough to kill the bacteria....

rynnor

Rockhound
It does though because the warm environment encourages the growth of bacteria. They don't thrive as well in the cold.

And if for example you cook a defrosted steak but like it a bit rare then the centre isn't going to get hot enough to kill the bacteria....

On a chunk of meat the bacteria will be on the surfaces - that's why you can eat a steak that's still practically raw in the middle - doesn't apply to minced products like burgers or sausages though.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I'm sure half an hour or so in hot water will be fine...

TdC

visual studio and anything to do with SQL server. sweet baby jesus kill me now.

have VS 2012 installed and MS SQL server. Deinstall SQL server and you're fucked. Deinstalling SQL server as is is a complete disaster because true to form MS doesn't remove everything leaving about 1.5GB of shit rattling about my laptop.

My ASP.NET MVC application was absolutely fine until it was to automagically do something (as directly per asp.net website tutorial). did it? fuck no, fuck no Andrew what were you thinking? *rage*

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
How the hell am I supposed to pay attention in a really important meeting at work when I glance at the girl sitting next to me in the meeting and notice:

1. she's wearing a dress with a very short skirt on it
2. she's wearing stockings
3. I can tell she's wearing stockings as the skirts ridden so far up her leg I can see the stocking tops.
4. did I mention she was wearing stockings and has great legs!
5. STOCKINGS
6. sorry what, where were we on the agenda.

Edmond

Go and wank over her soft milky thighs, and when she slaps you you'll be back in the room

Urgat

Part of the furniture
How the hell am I supposed to pay attention in a really important meeting at work when I glance at the girl sitting next to me in the meeting and notice:

3. I can tell she's wearing stockings as the skirts ridden so far up her leg I can see the stocking tops.
5. STOCKINGS

Sounds like she knows exactly the effect she is having on the guys around her. Chicks wearing stockings to work are doing it for a reason in my experience.

Also... Pictures please :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

5. STOCKINGS

I know what you're talking about, although we don't have any women working in our office. Hmmmm :unsure:

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
GF stumbling upon "PS I love you" on the friday night movie list and being forced to watch it on the telly

One fucking tear at the end and I bet you that I'll never hear the fucking end of it! Hillary Swank can fucking fuck off, that cunt!

Edmond

GF stumbling upon "PS I love you" on the friday night movie list and being forced to watch it on the telly

One fucking tear at the end and I bet you that I'll never hear the fucking end of it! Hillary Swank can fucking fuck off, that cunt!

Got about 20mins into it and switched it off as molten cheese was pouring out the back of the TV

TdC

hint: 12 minutes before the end, go for a massive, noisy shit. after 13 minutes, come back making suitably appreciative noises about your double-flusher.
hint: 12 minutes before the end, go make yourself a steak sammich. eat it in the kitchen. wash down with a beer. after 13 minutes, come back. burp, then exhale in her face.
hint: 12 minutes before the end, rip off all your clothes, jump out the window and run off down the street screaming. after 13 minutes, come back and demand a bj.

either way she'll never twig you wussed out and left for fear you'd cave and blubber like a girl. uncle teed will keep your secret safe Corn, have no fear! :D

rynnor

Rockhound
Co-op bank is doomed - apparently it was fatally holed below the waterline when it took over the Brittania but it didn't come out until Lloyds did 'due diligence' when they were going to sell a load of branches to the co-op...

Its closed to new business and pretty much on the way out now - all from bad management and stupid growth plans.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

Just tear up and if she comments on it say; "I'm...i'm just so happy that i'm about to have sex with all these bonus points for watching this sh*t."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom