SPAM random annoying things

rynnor

Rockhound
A large proportion of all road users are idiots - people have to use the roads with that in mind.

London is famous for killing inexperienced cyclists who dont act sensibly around large vehicles that cant see them like buses/HGVs etc. They have given up on educating the cyclists now and are trying to crack down on the HGVs instead.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Morris dancing.

morris.jpg

o_O

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
The thing is that in the UK the majority of cyclists are utter bellends as well as the majority of drivers.

Disagree

they are required to stop at traffic lights

Whilst I agree in principle, cyclists are more like pedestrians than motor vehicle users. If a pedestrian is stood at a crossing and the lane in front of him is "green" - but there is no traffic - then they walk across the road safely.

Cyclists can do the same safely - and it means that they're not setting off at the same time as traffic when the lights change - stopping them accelerating properly (because cyclists *should* filter to the front rather than stay in line like the rest of the cars) - and they get out of cars way.

Yes, there's a minority of bellends, but requiring all cyclists not to use their common sense and cross a road if there's no traffic is idiocy born of jealousy and cyclist-hate.

if there is traffic coming from the right they should wait before trying to squeeze onto the outside of the roundabout. They will get themselves killed and some poor fucker will be the one hitting them.

True. And the vast majority of cyclists do.

As for the cycle-lane stuff. You ride in 'em. They're normally full of glass, bits of rock and all the shit that gets pinged off the side of the road by cars and lorries. They're generally poorly maintained and bumpy as hell - which is *really* tiring.

The fact is, cyclists have the right to be on the road just as much as car users. If they're "weaving about" they're probably avoiding obstacles that motorists have never been aware of (small potholes, nails etc.) or are taking control of the roadspace so they can't be unsafely overtaken.

Yep, there are bellends on bikes and in cars - but when was the last time you had some cunt cyclist ride too close to your car carrying a group of mates on his handlebars, ringing his bell really loudly and revving his legs?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
A woman, her baby(assuming), yoghurt raisins and a bus i take to work.

After the exchange of crying for raisins, the raisins then found their way to the floor(which by kid logic is the place for them).

the annoying part ain't the raisins, or the kid, but the parent leaving the raisins on the busfloor.

Clean up your mess ffs.

rynnor

Rockhound
old.Tohtori said:
the annoying part ain't the raisins, or the kid, but the parent leaving the raisins on the busfloor.

Clean up your mess ffs.

On a moving bus? Didn't they just roll under the seats?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
On a moving bus? Didn't they just roll under the seats?

Finnish busses don't have a one level seating as such, floor is like this'ish --__-- <--seats on that upper part, with the backpart even higher up(1-2 steps). So the dropped raisins stayed firmly in the walking area of people, most of them right infront of her.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Taking 2 hours to get to work on the train. Journey is usually only 20 minutes!

Useless twats.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Waiting in an airport to go home. What a load of cock. Why do I have to wait to go somewhere I don't want to go!

Shagrat

I am a FH squatter
Waiting in an airport to go home. What a load of cock. Why do I have to wait to go somewhere I don't want to go!

you don't want to go home? are the bodies in the basement starting to get a bit whiffy?

soze

I am a FH squatter
Shagrat said:
you don't want to go home? are the bodies in the basement starting to get a bit whiffy?

Strip clubs in Essex are not as good as they are in Vegas. The young lady who spent 15 minutes gyrating on my groin last night looked just like Penny from the Big Bang Theory and did not sound like a chav.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
cutting a pizza and accidently pulling the topping about, should have used scissors :(

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Told someone i mostly eat meat. Told me "bet you wouldn't if you had to hunt your food". Asked how many carrots he'd harvested lately.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is but it's still a valid point. How many veggies even know how to plant and maintain vegetables? Let alone how to harvest them, store them or seed them.

Take away the OMGTHEHORROR of killing/eating an animal, I would say eating veg is much more of a ballache than animals, if Tesco didn't exist.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
But the OMGTHEHORROR side of it is what veggies are angling for when they say stuff like that. It's physically more difficult to kill/prepare an animal than it is to pull up a carrot and to compare the two in the same context is just... dumb.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
But the OMGTHEHORROR side of it is what veggies are angling for when they say stuff like that. It's physically more difficult to kill/prepare an animal than it is to pull up a carrot and to compare the two in the same context is just... dumb.

Just because the vegetarian person is trying to set an agenda, doesn't mean the comparison is irrelevant. They're simply trying to say you're as squeamish about dead animals as they are, which may or may not be true (and given the number of people who fish for example, there are obviously an awful lot of people who don't have that squeamishness)

I'd also take issue with your argument that its physically more difficult to kill/prepare and animal than it is to "pull up a carrot". If you have to grow the fucking things yourself, the effort to get to the payoff for pulling the carrot out of the ground is much higher.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber

I disagree, not if you have to grow the carrot or find it in the wild, it's a peace of piss to trap or kill an animal, you can spend a huge amount of time and energy vs energy provided, foraging or growing crops. It's one of the reasons we are omnivorous.

Edit, take away the shops and farmers and I can guarantee you would not find many vegetarians.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
If you have to grow the fucking things yourself, the effort to get to the payoff for pulling the carrot out of the ground is much higher.
Higher than birthing an animal, feeding it for the duration of its life and the cost of any medication or drugs (worming etc)? If you take the "effort to get the payoff" out of the equation (which I still think is higher for livestock than vegetables), it indeed boils down to the squeamishness (or OMGTHEHORROR) aspect.

Put 100 carnivores in a room 1 at a time, give them a lamb and a knife and then do the same experiment with a 100 vegetarians and a patch of carrots and I bet you would end up with a hell of a lot more harvested carrots than dead lambs. Not to mention the highly skilled processes of actually cutting the lamb up, removing organs, preparing joints etc etc.

Last edited:

Poag

m00?
Returnign to the subject of cyclists. Having bene unemployed for a couple of months i've been driving around during the day with the retires, the unemployed and the "disabled".

Never before have i witnessed such a miasma of terrible driving, dodgy maneuvers and blatent disregard for the rules of the road and the fact that THERES A FUCKING CAR IN THE LANE YOU ARE PULLING INTO RIGHT NEXT TO YOU.

I've seen three side bumps, people turning into junctions and driving 50 yards on the wrong side of the road (i was approaching said junction and had some Trophy wife in her 4x4 who could barely see over the wheel driving down the wrong side of the road after a t-junction, she then also beeped my like it was my fault....)

Topping them all tho, cyclists, who meander into and out from the curb to the middle of the road as you are trying to pass them. Cyclists who ride straight on through red lights (missed one by a nats arse hair, had new tyres put on the car 2 days before hand, donno if they saved his life or not....again tho i got the finger as it was my fault at a 4-way junction which only lets one side go at a time)

And finally, topping them all. A group of cyclists riding down a country road, against the floor of traffic, so on the wrong side of the road, blind corners abound where i live.
I encountered same said group a few hours later, at Ashford international, discussiing where they worked (they all worked in/near Bank...i should have run them down...) Seems they came out to the country to cycle for a day and were heading back up, apparently London cyclists ride on the right :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Higher than birthing an animal, feeding it for the duration of its life and the cost of any medication or drugs (worming etc)? If you take the "effort to get the payoff" out of the equation (which I still think is higher for livestock than vegetables), it indeed boils down to the squeamishness (or OMGTHEHORROR) aspect.

Put 100 carnivores in a room 1 at a time, give them a lamb and a knife and then do the same experiment with a 100 vegetarians and a patch of carrots and I bet you would end up with a hell of a lot more harvested carrots than dead lambs. Not to mention the processes of actually cutting the lamb up, removing organs, preparing joints etc etc.

You've changed the comparison. quote: ""bet you wouldn't if you had to hunt your food". Not farm it. I can tell you now, the average person would have some chance of farming a carrot, they'd have no chance of finding a wild one. So the comparison, as Toht stated it, is relevant.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
What's wrong with a fucking pizza slicer? If it's sharp then you won't have any issues. Scissors? It's not fucking arts and crafts.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Only wrong'uns are left handed so I don't see a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom