SPAM random annoying things

soze

I am a FH squatter
And screen resolutions. Why can I get a 1080p screen on a 5 inch mobile but my 6 month old laptop can on do a 900p resolution. When are retina style displays going to hit Windows machine I dont want to have to get a Mac Book just to have a proper resolution.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
ms office products having "keep source formatting" on by default for a paste action and it not frigging being frigging permanently changeable to frigging NO. *rage*

Chilly

Balls of steel
And screen resolutions. Why can I get a 1080p screen on a 5 inch mobile but my 6 month old laptop can on do a 900p resolution. When are retina style displays going to hit Windows machine I dont want to have to get a Mac Book just to have a proper resolution.
I bought one of the new MBPs and stuck windows on it. Works perfectly. Fast as fuck and sweet screen res. Needs some hacks to make the icons and text big enough to use but apart from that it's all good.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
it is people who do everything they can to screw the government with one hand while taking everything they can with the other are scum in my eyes.

I don't know why you care. The money he's stealing is a pittance.

It doesn't even come near the "chicken feed" that Boris gets for his Sunday column that he knocks up in half an hour before breakfast...

...or the billions that are stolen by a government in cahoots with central banks...

soze

I am a FH squatter
I don't know why you care. The money he's stealing is a pittance.

It doesn't even come near the "chicken feed" that Boris gets for his Sunday column that he knocks up in half an hour before breakfast...

...or the billions that are stolen by a government in cahoots with central banks...
I have enough hate in my heart for all of these people.

I still hate Philpot and he only killed 6 people Hitler killed a million times more :)

Chilly

Balls of steel
The scroungers are not the real crooks, but it is symptomatic of a societal problem where it's ok to be a scrounger/joker. Top bankers are all jokers IMO, they skim percentages from everyone while providing very little actual value to society. When you question them on their morals, they don't seem to understand that stealing 1% a year from all the pension funds is a bad thing.

rynnor

Rockhound
The scroungers are not the real crooks, but it is symptomatic of a societal problem where it's ok to be a scrounger/joker. Top bankers are all jokers IMO, they skim percentages from everyone while providing very little actual value to society. When you question them on their morals, they don't seem to understand that stealing 1% a year from all the pension funds is a bad thing.

Other examples - companies doing serial 1 year unpaid internships.

Jobseekers experience jobs where they force people to work for a private company for free.

Non-doms who basically live here but pay no tax etc.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Jobseekers experience jobs where they force people to work for a private company for free.
I do not understand this one.

Firstly they are not working for free they are getting their job seekers allowance but have to do something for it. If the Private company cover your job seekers allowance then it is money we are not having to spend then I am for it. I wish it happened more getting the money for nothing is bull shit everyone who wants it should have to put some effort in. If the private company do not need to dover the allowance then it is bollocks. Not because people are being made to earn their money but because they are getting free labor.

Chilly

Balls of steel
I do not understand this one.

Firstly they are not working for free they are getting their job seekers allowance but have to do something for it. If the Private company cover your job seekers allowance then it is money we are not having to spend then I am for it. I wish it happened more getting the money for nothing is bull shit everyone who wants it should have to put some effort in. If the private company do not need to dover the allowance then it is bollocks. Not because people are being made to earn their money but because they are getting free labor.
it's still a substantial market distortion for wages, though, as the companies getting the workers are not paying anything like minimum wage. It's a state subsidy of companies who want cheap shelf stackers with a side effect of reducing unemployment slightly.

rynnor

Rockhound
it's still a substantial market distortion for wages, though, as the companies getting the workers are not paying anything like minimum wage. It's a state subsidy of companies who want cheap shelf stackers with a side effect of reducing unemployment slightly.

This basically - its state subsidised labour boosting profits for private companies - theres fundamentally something very wrong with that.

Edit - I dont think it even reduces unemployment - these jobseekers displace people who were being paid properly.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If someone like Poundland keep doing it and never fill the role then yes they should be told to take a hike. If it they do it for 30 people and hire 5 full time it serves a purpose. Depends if they take the piss.

ileks

Part of the furniture
Lecturers not providing solutions to the multitude of fucking questions they set. They say you can go through them in the support class but the phd student that runs it is either a) Not good enough to work them out consistently or b) really fucking clever and the type that won't give out answers but rather "hints" of how to do it.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Feeling your shorts stick to your anus, because you didnt whipe your arse good enough. :(

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I really need an example with an actual answer to be able to learn maths related stuff. Also how do you know if you even got it right they don't give out a solution?

ileks

Part of the furniture
I don't mind when they release solution sheets at the end of term. That way you can see where you went wrong and learn from mistakes.

It's when you get to one week until the exam and there are no past papers, no solutions to any of the problems, the lecturer is new and the exam format is new that you start getting fucking stressed.

Zarjazz

Identifies as a horologist.
I really need an example with an actual answer to be able to learn maths related stuff. Also how do you know if you even got it right they don't give out a solution?

Agreed. A lot of advanced maths problems are actually set along the lines of "this is the question, this is the answer, show how the answer is arrived at". It's not about getting the right answer, it's about learning the method.

russell

FH is my second home
Norovirus... its a nasty bugger. Strikes like lightning and incapacitates everyone in its path. Had to phone Nhs direct at 2.30 am as my little girl could not stop being sick! Totally revolting.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Norovirus... its a nasty bugger. Strikes like lightning and incapacitates everyone in its path. Had to phone Nhs direct at 2.30 am as my little girl could not stop being sick! Totally revolting.

Seriously?

rynnor

Rockhound
russell said:

You never become completely immune but every time after the first infection you are less affected I have found.

Nasty the first time though :(

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Lecturers not providing solutions to the multitude of fucking questions they set. They say you can go through them in the support class but the phd student that runs it is either a) Not good enough to work them out consistently or b) really fucking clever and the type that won't give out answers but rather "hints" of how to do it.

the hints bit is good for me. that said...my current MINOR, the lecturers have stopped all pretense of teaching. I have a "demonstrator" who is a programming expert, who demos code for something we're supposed to make in one go. Then we have 6 weeks to use google enough to emulate him. teaching? I think not.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Just starting to take a piss and you feel an uber urge to blast a brownie, but you can't move around because you are already going! Then when the peeing ends and you, at the same time as you pull your pants down, turn and sit, the big gun goes off but the toilet returns the fire with splash damage... PEE SPLASH DAMAGE!!

I find that pretty annoying

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
If you are really skilled. With a unemployed hand take a few paper towels and throw them down the hole. While peeing. Its all a fight against the clock

rynnor

Rockhound
People who do such explosive shits in the works toilets that it coats the underside of the bog seat...

rynnor

Rockhound
the hints bit is good for me. that said...my current MINOR, the lecturers have stopped all pretense of teaching. I have a "demonstrator" who is a programming expert, who demos code for something we're supposed to make in one go. Then we have 6 weeks to use google enough to emulate him. teaching? I think not.

I have never really understood universities teaching programming - its usually terrible for one thing in terms of outdated or impractical techniques (since decent coders do not make lecturers and vice versa) and for the other it will take realistically 2 years of employment as a coder before you are really earning your keep.

Better off teaching you database design or other bite sized bits n pieces tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom