SPAM random annoying things

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Going to a job interview and having to sweat for a week to find out whether you've got the job or not.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
lol you're probably the kind of motorist that I flip the bird at every given chance

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It was faster to get around in a horse and carriage, the problem was pollution, the motor car solved that....until there was 10 million of them

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The way everyone thinks the i-whatever was the first.
Headlines like 'Has the ipod changed us?'
Will the iPhone change the way we interact?'

No because everything 'i' is about 3 years out of date, FFS I had an mp3 player about 4 years before the ipod.
The freakin iPhone only got GPS last year.
And don't start me on the iPad, it would appear marketing is the new messiah.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
How about you make room for cyclists so they dont have to ride along the road? Less polution, less trafic and better for your wallet

Top Gear even showed that it is faster to get around London on a bike than it is to take the car

Erm make room for them how?

Also, you say nothing about the irresponsible mother, which she is.

On my way home from work on Monday, there was a woman riding infront of her 7ish year old son, on a 40mph road. Insanity. This was in Wimbledon, clearly road traffic accidents don't happen to rich kids.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
*looks at Finnish roads*

Hmm, bikes and cars on different lanes, how novel.

CorNokZ

Erm make room for them how?

Also, you say nothing about the irresponsible mother, which she is.

On my way home from work on Monday, there was a woman riding infront of her 7ish year old son, on a 40mph road. Insanity. This was in Wimbledon, clearly road traffic accidents don't happen to rich kids.

Stormgade_cykel2.jpeg

Like this. And I never mentioned the mother?

And when you saw the mother and her child you blasted straight past them thinking 'wow what a horrible mother'?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"In an interview with Official Xbox Magazine, Magal said that, "A lot of shooters, instead of giving people encouragement to improve, will just pander to them never being better. And I kind of appreciate that but at the same time it can be demeaning to people who want to get better."

In line with this commitment to incentivizing improvement, the game won't feature some of the more modern features that many gamers have come to expect from FPS experiences. First and foremost, Call of Duty-style ironsights are out. "We don't say, Well we need iron sights because everyone else has iron sights," Magal continued. "If they could figure out a way for them to make sense, we'd add them, but right now we think iron sights just make people move slower because they'll be afraid to put their gun down."

Global Offensive will still include a variety of difficulties for players to choose from; "Casual" mode will make your life easier by deactivating the in-game currency system used to buy weapons and upgrades, while two modder-created hardcore modes will ramp up the difficulty for anyone who wants life to be a little harder. What this "encouragement to improve" will entail remains to be seen; while there must be gamers who wouldn't mind this game becoming the FPS Dark Souls, this development won't be welcomed by those who enjoy the odd quick, pandering spell of gameplay before they leave the house."

"we is hardcore!" and then remove iron sights and put in a casual mode to pander to the casual players. If you want hardcore, put in only iron sights with no crosshair, take out hud elements altogether and make a proper damage model with healing impossible. To start with. I'm not going to play CS, but still annoying when they sell sh*t by blatant lying and hypocrisy.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
*looks at Finnish roads*

Hmm, bikes and cars on different lanes, how novel.

Stormgade_cykel2.jpeg

And when you saw the mother and her child you blasted straight past them thinking 'wow what a horrible mother'?

London is not mainland Europe. London is a big city with old buildings and relatively narrow roads. London lacks road space to allow cars, buses and trucks to all share the same environment without someone getting hurt, and there's little spare room to create dedicated cycle lanes separate from the main roads. The Euston Road is not a safe environment for adult cyclists, never mind children, so yes, you'd have to be pretty irresponsible to ride along there with your kids; right up there on the irresponsibility stakes with running with scissors, playing with matches, letting them go to catholic choir practice.

CorNokZ

Let them ride the sidewalk then. They do it here in Valencia and it works a treat

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Let them ride the sidewalk then. They do it here in Valencia and it works a treat

Quite.

If there's no bikelane, they ride on the sidewalk.

They also ride with a modecum of decency and brains, so don't know how well that'd work with bikers ;)

DaGaffer

This is a quiet day on the Euston Road. Does the road or the pavement look like good bike territory to you?

Attachments

• euston road.jpg
    euston road.jpg
    314.2 KB · Views: 2

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
This is a quiet day on the Euston Road. Does the road or the pavement look like good bike territory to you?

So DONT use a bike what so ever? - what if people can't drive, and they have a large distance to go.. - or what if they wish to ride a bike?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
as long as people cycled sensibly there would be plenty of room on that pavement, but the problem is that they probably wouldn't.

DaGaffer

So DONT use a bike what so ever? - what if people can't drive, and they have a large distance to go.. - or what if they wish to ride a bike?

Not on that road, no. There are loads of alternative routes more suitable for bikes (still not great, but better than that) and three tube lines running under that very road.

Bottom line is that an adult can decide to take the risk, but putting kids in harms' way like that is fucking stupid, not just because of the direct danger to the kids, but also because the mother has to be distracted, so she's putting herself in danger as well as other road users.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
When you get a phone call from a guy in India telling you that you've had car accident in the last 3 years, and you didn't know anything about it.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
as long as people cycled sensibly there would be plenty of room on that pavement, but the problem is that they probably wouldn't.

Quite what i was going to say. Even hopping off the bike if there's too many people is an option.

Unless you're planning no exersizing in a city enviroment, in which case you need to return the bike right about now :p

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

Except it was a two lane road with no cycle lane? She should have used the pavement as it was massive, and it's quiet. But no, she used the road. With her young son. Yes she is a horrible mother.

What is your point with me driving past them? What should I do, slow to a crawl and let them poodle along, on a busy two lane 40mph road in rush hour?

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!

Heh...I know exactly where you were - eastbound driving towards St Pancras. British Museum coming up on your left. Definitely a quiet day on that road. You see some truly stupid driving on that road. I go down there every single day.

CorNokZ

Big image beneath, so it is in a spoiler. But it is an image of a cycle lane on the pavement. As far as I can see there is plenty of room on the pavement in the picture posted above.
Dont hate cyclists bros.. It's all good

DSC03359.JPG

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Personally, I don't have any problem sticking cycle lanes on sidewalks. It just wouldn't work over here

you'd get idiots on scooters driving down them, cyclists refusing to use them and do their own thing, n00b pedestrians jogging in them, confused old women getting mown down by cyclists doing 40kph, dogs running down them etc. Impossible in central London - the streets aren't wide enough to squeeze anything else out of them

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Again, what is your point? There isn't a cycle lane on the road, and it's very busy with pedestrians most of the time. So considering there isn't a cycle lane on the pavement or the road there, why should we not hate the mother for putting two infants at risk because of her decision to not take another route?

Helme

Resident Freddy
Girls who write FUCK ALL in their dating profiles expecting intresting conversation from their plain profile pictures taken in front of the computer..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom